English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bizarre, right? Of course we don't know if it's 1st team selections here. But still.
He's played well all in all. Leads the team in passes defensed. Has a good PFF rating (if you take stock by those stats). He doesn't get burned often. In fact the only play I can remember where he got beat badly was the bomb to Agholor against the Eagles (which would have been a TD had Wetz not led the receiver out of bounds). I just wish our CB's could track the ball better in the air and get some picks. Down to coaching I guess.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not saying Byron Jones doesn't deserve it, but has a CB ever made the Pro Bowl without an interception before?

It's probably happened. It bothers me some he doesn't have any but sometimes that can happen to CB's when teams rarely throw at them. The problem is the starter on the other side (that does get thrown at a lot) also has ZERO picks.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez was a jackass but at least he wanted to play and compete. Irving is fucking stealing from us.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez was a jackass but at least he wanted to play and compete..
Wanted to play and compete as long as it didn't mean putting in the time and the work to master his craft? That's what people who love football do. Dez was as big of if not more of a fucking thief than Irving is.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Wanted to play and compete as long as it didn't mean putting in the time and the work to master his craft? That's what people who love football do. Dez was as big of if not more of a fucking thief than Irving is.

That's retarded. Unlike Irving, Dez never missed time due to his "personal problems" and was never suspended by the league. He was once among the best to play his position. You can't reach those heights by "dogging it" or blowing off practice. He may have been a lousy route runner but the effort was there. Irving could care less.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's retarded. Unlike Irving, Dez never missed time due to his "personal problems" and was never suspended by the league. He was once among the best to play his position. You can't reach those heights by "dogging it" or blowing off practice. He may have been a lousy route runner but the effort was there. Irving could care less.

He was "best" at what? The jump ball. This ain't basketball. Dez sucked ass as a wideout. Didn't deserve a 10th of what he collected in pay. Then never tried to justify it when collected.

You're really going to trust this idiot regime in their opinion of who loves football? Dez didn't love football. Dez loved Dez. Irving loves what? They would be the last ones to have any fucking idea about such matters.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cashing checks and sitting on his ass. You can't say the same of Dez, who was once an All Pro. No comparison.

Neither of them "love football." And the idiot regime in Dallas wouldn't know what a player who loves football even looks like. Even with several such I could name, on the roster. THAT'S the point.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez, who was once an All Pro
So was Bill Bates, an actual guy who loves football. Played his heart and soul out for 15 fucking years in Dallas. Most of any other Cowboy along with only two others. Earned every dime he was paid. Neither Dez or Irving are qualified to even carry his helmet.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Back to the "passion" defense and mantra.

"Passionate" was a word used by homers to defend his sideline explosions -- something I never did. If you can't discern a difference between him and a bum like Irving, then I don't know what to say.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"Passionate" was a word used by homers to defend his sideline explosions
Pretty sure the homers were following the lead of Ginger and our idiot regime in Dallas with that. Same idiots who kept saying "Dez loves football."
If you can't discern a difference between him and a bum like Irving, then I don't know what to say.
Oh I discern lots of differences, chief among them is the difference in the amount of money each is guilty of stealing. Giving VERY little for what they're paid. Irving's theft is merely on a much smaller scale.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think it was classed a high ankle sprain, which many claim when severe enough is actually worse than a clean break would have been.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he was milking the injury some, although I think his contract was guaranteed. Even if he had caught wind they were going to cut him he may have gotten all this years salary anyway.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was classed a high ankle sprain, which many claim when severe enough is actually worse than a clean break would have been.

Except Jerry, the last couple of weeks, has said "There's a good chance he plays this week." How could he if he's still limping?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Except Jerry, the last couple of weeks, has said "There's a good chance he plays this week." How could he if he's still limping?

Maybe he tripped in his apartment while he was lighting another joint, and re-aggravated the injury.

Or maybe him and Rico Gathers got in a fight over who had first dibs on that brand new bong they purchased.

Top Bottom