dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Part of the 38-0 shitstomping we gave them on MNF in 1978. We had almost 600 yds offense in this game.

[video=youtube;iyar1E9FMsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyar1E9FMsM[/video]

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep he's a bit of a liability in coverage. Something I believe though, he will get better at. There's holes in everyone's game and the opponent WILL find it and exploit it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And wasn’t LVE touted as a good guy in coverage and space?

Wasn’t that supposed to be his strong suit coming our of school?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And wasn’t LVE touted as a good guy in coverage and space?

Wasn’t that supposed to be his strong suit coming our of school?
In school, he was. But there's a HUGE difference between college ball and the NFL. Therefore also a huge learning curve.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep he's a bit of a liability in coverage. Something I believe though, he will get better at. There's holes in everyone's game and the opponent WILL find it and exploit it.

He really hasn't been, and he has a number of really close calls on pass deflections too.

He plays zone defense almost every snap, so when someone comes into his area he's credited with giving up a "completion"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He really hasn't been, and he has a number of really close calls on pass deflections too.

He plays zone defense almost every snap, so when someone comes into his area he's credited with giving up a "completion"
The ball goes to the open man. And his man is open, a lot of the time. It's a part of his game that needs work, there's matchup issues and opposing offenses recognize it, isolating him for that reason. It's part of the difference between the NFL and college. He'll improve, he's a sharp kid and a quick study.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The ball goes to the open man. And his man is open, a lot of the time. It's a part of his game that needs work, there's matchup issues and opposing offenses recognize it, isolating him for that reason. It's part of the difference between the NFL and college. He'll improve, he's a sharp kid and a quick study.

So you don't understand the difference between zone and man.

You'd fit in well with most of those at CZ.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So you don't understand the difference between zone and man.

You'd fit in well with most of those at CZ.

Apparently you don't understand exploiting the WILL in zone. It's nothing new and the rookie's got a lot to learn in that area. He's far from the first rookie WILL to have trouble in coverage.

Zone is zone. There's nothing novel about it. You think LVE is the only linebacker in the league that does a lot of zone work? The stat is relevant, it's an apples to apples comparison.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently you don't understand exploiting the WILL in zone. It's nothing new and the rookie's got a lot to learn in that area. He's far from the first rookie WILL to have trouble in coverage.

Zone is zone. There's nothing novel about it. You think LVE is the only linebacker in the league that does a lot of zone work? The stat is relevant, it's an apples to apples comparison.

Most of the completions he "gives up" are those dink and dunk dumpoffs at or close to the LoS. His zone responsibility is normally cutting off the seams downfield. When he has been in man coverage he has displayed an innate ability to run with whomever he is covering and is normally in great position.

A lot of the tackles he makes are coming up to stop those dink and dumps in front of him. It's not a result of "bad coverage" as you seem to think that stat implies.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't see this live and apparently the sound isn't working, but you can see some of the stuff Kurt Warner and others see when they look at Prescott.

That said, it's time to play "How dumb is a Zoner?" again. Many of these clips are the same play shown multiple times (something I bet most of the cabal here would pick up on even if I hadn't told you, or at least I hope you would)

Zoners believed each of the clips were ALL unique plays.

[video]https://imgur.com/a/SvawYPA#bGDd3Og[/video]

Top Bottom