icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks for the lesson in humility, jerry

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
thanks for the lesson in humility, jerry
See? Hope is a plan! And any success you have is just being "fortunate" in other terms, dumb luck!

This is why you're mediocre, Jerral.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dodger wont like this either.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dak
Zeke
Cooper
Lawrence
B. Jones

who do we pay and who do we let go?

I am not paying a RB period. I dont wanna pay Dak because he is limited and I doubt they bring a coach in that can get the best out of him. Lawrence is a beast but has had two back surgeries, I franchise as long as possible. (Again this is where not having a#1 pick this year and Taco being a bust is a killer). I'd pay Cooper he is a difference maker. I'd pay Jones since he has turned into a shut down corner.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
yimyammer said:
The Dallas Cowboys are 7-0 when they win time of possession, 1-5 when they don't.
Wow that's quite a stat, Yim.
I am not paying a RB period. I dont wanna pay Dak because he is limited and I doubt they bring a coach in that can get the best out of him.
I'm ONLY in support of extending Dak if it's a very cap-friendly deal, and even at that not long-term. I DON'T want to see us marry this guy. Said the same thing about Romo too. QB Draft prospects look a lot better a year down the road than they do for the next draft anyway. I think that at minimum, you let Dak play out his final year before visiting a extension.

Zeke though, I think he has proven he falls into the "special" three-down back category, stays healthy, and seems to have found out how to avoid potential trouble real or imagined, off the field. Drafting another one high is a crap-shoot especially if you're starting with a late second-round pick. HOW-EVER there's no rush on either, their final year of their rookie deals is next year, not this. Let's see what he can do as well, on the last year of his deal.
I'd pay Cooper he is a difference maker. I'd pay Jones since he has turned into a shut down corner.
Is Jones due, this offseason? If not I think you let him play out his last year as well. Cooper, you definitely sign to an extension. D-Law I'm torn on. His health may be a factor but we don't know. I also don't know how he would respond to a 2nd year on the tag.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
D Law has earned his money, just pay the man. Ya gotta pay Cooper with how much of an impact he’s made since he got here, he is clearly a difference maker. I’d pay Zeke, he’s the number one back in the league, just like he was before he was suspended. So as long as he’s been playing he’s been the best RB in the league. Because of the suspension he has had less wear and tear on his body than he normally would have. And he shows no signs of breaking down. Ride him hard and put him away wet. Rinse and repeat.

I don’t want to pay Dak, but I don’t think we can replace him either. We are going to end up married to him. Just make sure it’s affordable.

Jones has had one good year, I can pass on him

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
D Law has earned his money
And been paid every dime he has earned.
I’d pay Zeke, he’s the number one back in the league... Ride him hard and put him away wet
Seems kind of contradictory, you want to pay him top RB money for a long-term deal, then wear him out? You ride rented mules (rookie deal RBs) hard and put up wet.

We don't need to visit extensions on any of these guys until next year, with the exception of Coop. Id D-Law's body holding up? Will one more year on the Tag answer that? It's 13 million, hardly chump change. He's paid and he's well paid.
I don’t want to pay Dak
Can wait and maybe visit it next year, not this one.
Jones has had one good year, I can pass on him
Can wait and maybe visit it next year, not this one.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dodger wont like this.

I'm sure he's a terrific guy dbair. But can he throw the rock? Aikman commented more than once about his throws and that's all I really care about.

Top Bottom