theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowboys right guard Zack Martin has been playing through an MCL sprain for much of the season, but he had to leave Sunday’s game against the Eagles after aggravating the problem.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones gave an update on Martin’s condition on Monday. Jones said the team is hopeful that Martin can continue playing as they don’t see anything worse than what he’s been playing through already this season.

“It looks similar to the last time he left the game,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “We, right now, don’t see anything structurally or specific, but we are concerned. But we don’t see anything that’s different from the last time he hurt it with his MCL.”

Martin has never missed a game in his career. Rookie Connor Williams replaced him on Sunday and would presumably take over his spot in the lineup should Martin’s consecutive games streak come to an end against the Colts.

Cowboys hopeful Zack Martin can continue playing through knee injury – ProFootballTalk

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The Cowboys deservedly are getting credit for drafting linebacker Leighton Vander Esch in the first round and trading their 2019 first-round choice for receiver Amari Cooper. Forgotten is their 2017 first-round selection.

Dallas made defensive end Taco Charlton a healthy scratch Sunday after playing only four snaps last week against the Saints. He missed the three games before that with a shoulder injury.

“He had been dealing with that shoulder for a few weeks and didn’t play many snaps last week,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “We want to make it competitive. We want to make sure guys earn their opportunity. Some of the other guys have done a good job in his absence. We’ll see how he practices this week and if he gets an opportunity to play in the game.”

The Cowboys kept fourth-round pick Dorance Armstrong active over Charlton against the Eagles.

On Monday, Charlton tweeted a photo of Allen Iverson with his college coach, John Thompson, and wrote, “Every player needs that one coach to believe in him.”

Charlton made three sacks as a rookie. He has 18 tackles and one sack this season.

Taco Charlton will have to “earn opportunity” to play – ProFootballTalk

Taco is who we thought he was

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Taco is who we thought he was

While its too early to give up on him, I have to admit I am disappointed and DID expect he'd be better than this.

He certainly looked like he was coming on late last yr, and he had a good camp and preseason. From there he just dropped off the face of the earth though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I see that NFL refs did another standout job last night on national TV.

Also, anybody see that pick Russell Wilson threw?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

This should be fairly good news for Prescott and our offense. We play the Colts and Bucs the next two weeks and likely will play Seattle in the wildcard game.

Of course the downside is our defense is also on that list and the Colts and Bucs are both playing great offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
David Irving - DL - Cowboys
Jerry Jones said DL David Irving (ankle) has a chance to return this week.

Irving was given a 4-6 week timetable when he suffered the injury a little over a month ago. This has been a lost season for Irving, who missed all of training camp and the first four games because of a suspension and some personal issues. The owner of eight sacks in his last 10 games, Irving should boost an already good defense when he returns.

Source: David Helman on Twitter
Dec 11 - 9:58 AM

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You know, for all the love some boneheads gave this guy (not me, I was the founder and president of GROZ) this is the 2nd or 3rd time now in 3 seasons or so that Zimmer has had to "scapegoat" an offensive coordinator DURING the season.

Norv was one of them and he was in demand the second that season was over. This guy was very highly regarded and some viewed as HC material. I forget who the other one was. Maybe it wasn't an OC but a QB coach instead.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

When the Cowboy get back to practice Wednesday, linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring) and wide receiver Tavon Austin (groin) are expected to take part at least in a limited fashion, according to coach Jason Garrett. Lee has missed the last five games because of the injury and Austin has not placed since Oct. 14 against Jacksonville. Both players had been rehabbing off to the side during practice in recent weeks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There was a story by dumbass Shefter that came out and said Garrett reached out to Jason Witten to talk him out of retirement.

Jones and Garrett have both said they did not contact Witten about returning. Apparently local media in Dallas is saying it was Witten who reached out to the Cowboys and the Cowboys apparently said thanks but no thanks.

Good riddance if true.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There was a story by dumbass Shefter that came out and said Garrett reached out to Jason Witten to talk him out of retirement.

Jones and Garrett have both said they did not contact Witten about returning. Apparently local media in Dallas is saying it was Witten who reached out to the Cowboys and the Cowboys apparently said thanks but no thanks.

Good riddance if true.

Garrett flatly denied the story in his presser. Said and I quote, "there is no truth to that story."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett flatly denied the story in his presser. Said and I quote, "there is no truth to that story."

Shefter is such a douche. This dude is wrong 90%+ of the time he talks about something related to the Cowboys.

Honestly the only one of those network "insiders" that's worth a shit IMO is Jay Glazer.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

its so much more than his raw #s

- cooper can turn chicken shit into chicken salad on any given play

- the offense's 3rd down efficiency has gone from shithouse to the penthouse

- i dont want to sound like a homo, but ther eis chemistry building btwn dak and cooper

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, for all the love some boneheads gave this guy (not me, I was the founder and president of GROZ) this is the 2nd or 3rd time now in 3 seasons or so that Zimmer has had to "scapegoat" an offensive coordinator DURING the season.

Norv was one of them and he was in demand the second that season was over. This guy was very highly regarded and some viewed as HC material. I forget who the other one was. Maybe it wasn't an OC but a QB coach instead.

you might be thinking of pat shurmur or matt nagy ?

Top Bottom