bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
****** Zoner doubles down on "Zach Martin was awful" garbage, and ANOTHER thread was started about it.

These guys are so fucking stupid. They see ONE play on a highlight film and think "this guy sux!!!!!!!!!!!"

JFC, the other team gets paid to make plays to, and Fletcher Cox is 1 of the top 5, if not top 3 DT's in the league.

Another thread started on putting Tyron Smith to pasture because he sux too.

Thank God these imbeciles don't run this franchise.

Well, Smith has missed a lot of time in recent years. The days of him playing 16 games are long over. In his defense, at least one of those holding calls yesterday was bogus. And that penalty on Lawrence for making contact with the snapper was laughable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, Smith has missed a lot of time in recent years. The days of him playing 16 games are long over. In his defense, at least one of those holding calls yesterday was bogus. And that penalty on Lawrence for making contact with the snapper was laughable.

Nothing wrong with a contingency plan for Smith just in case, but if he hits the streets there's probably 20+ teams that would line up to sign him pretty damn fast.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Good post dbair. And that, to me, is where the problem is with Dak. If the D wasn't playing so well, we never have a chance to come back that game. And your next post/stat is very telling.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Taco apparently sulking and has the attitude that "coaches just don't believe in me"

Sorry Taco, but if the Clapper and Marinelli don't believe in you in less than 18 months since you were a 1st rd pick here, you got issues, and they have nothing to do "people not believing in you"

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Once upon a time, this is EXACTLY what Zoners said about me.

I was either far too critical or too "homer"

wow, all we know you as here is as the resident lunatic homer and you're holding the line well

;)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We will probably know late tonight or tomorrow if our game Sunday at Indy is being flexed.

Obviously we clinch the NFC east with a win, and the Colts are still alive not only for a WC (tied with 3 other AFC teams at 7-6 for #6 seed) but they are only two games behind Houston now for AFC South title.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
In this case, it's true.

Finally somebody that the Jones' are better at football

LOL true, too bad thats not who they have to compete against.

I'm a pretty big football buffoon/imbecile and I think I could give the jones boys a run for their money.

For all my bitching and moaning, I think I have to recognize someone is doing something pretty decent over there for several years now, I don't believe its jeri but it very could be the combination of Stephen/McClay/Garrett to varying degrees, wish I was a fly on the wall over the to see how things get done and who's responsible for the improvement in their overall philosophy

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ZonerTards:

"Time to replace Tyron!!!!!"..."Martin was awful!!!!!"

But:

"Rico is so awesome!!!! Why cant we utilize this HoF talent!!!!!!!!!!!"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't believe its jeri but it very could be the combination of Stephen/McClay/Garrett to varying degrees,

It cant be Jerry. I doubt he even knows who most of the draft prospects or free agents are due to his drunken state and senility.

Reaction score
200 yard receiving games by Cowboys:

1962 Frank Clarke - 241 yards versus Washington
1966 Bob Hayes - 246 yards versus Washington
1967 Lance Rentzel - 223 yards versus Washington
1979 Tony Hill - 213 yards versus Philly
1989 James Dixon - 203 yards versus Phoenix/Arizona
1992 Michael Irvin - 210 yards versus Phoenix/Arizona
1995 Kevin Williams - 203 yards versus Arizona
2008 Terrell Owens - 213 yards versus San Francisco
2009 Miles Austin - 250 yards versus Kansas City
2018 Amari Cooper - 217 yards versus Philly

Source: Pro Football Statistics and History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember that James Dixon game Troy's rookie year.

Aikman took a vicious hit that game for a concussion on one of those long plays to Dixon.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Aikman took a vicious hit that game for a concussion on one of those long plays to Dixon.

[video=youtube;pPY-S2znJa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPY-S2znJa8[/video]

and of course we blew the game anyway, leading to Everson's exile

Reaction score

If I recall, that play put Dallas in the lead late in the game, and Troy was injured with a concussion and broken hand. The Cardinals retook the lead on their own long play, and Aikman admitted in an interview that he was convinced they were going 0-16. Fortunately, the Skins showed up flat for that one win, but with Steve Walsh at QB.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
No broken hand, just a concussion. He broke his finger earlier in the year.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If I recall, that play put Dallas in the lead late in the game, and Troy was injured with a concussion and broken hand. The Cardinals retook the lead on their own long play, and Aikman admitted in an interview that he was convinced they were going 0-16. Fortunately, the Skins showed up flat for that one win, but with Steve Walsh at QB.

The win against the Skins was the week before the late collapse against the Cardinals in Phoenix.

The 2 Cardinals games sandwiched the Skins win. Home first, then road. Coincidentally, I just watched the home game against the Cards, a 19-10 loss, just this Saturday on YouTube. The stadium was half empty, the football was bad, but at least Jerry got roundly booed by those that were there when he introduced Lee Roy Jordan into the ROH. Felt sorry for LRJ having his ROH ceremony in a half empty Texas Stadium.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Cowboys deservedly are getting credit for drafting linebacker Leighton Vander Esch in the first round and trading their 2019 first-round choice for receiver Amari Cooper. Forgotten is their 2017 first-round selection.

Dallas made defensive end Taco Charlton a healthy scratch Sunday after playing only four snaps last week against the Saints. He missed the three games before that with a shoulder injury.

“He had been dealing with that shoulder for a few weeks and didn’t play many snaps last week,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “We want to make it competitive. We want to make sure guys earn their opportunity. Some of the other guys have done a good job in his absence. We’ll see how he practices this week and if he gets an opportunity to play in the game.”

The Cowboys kept fourth-round pick Dorance Armstrong active over Charlton against the Eagles.

On Monday, Charlton tweeted a photo of Allen Iverson with his college coach, John Thompson, and wrote, “Every player needs that one coach to believe in him.”

Charlton made three sacks as a rookie. He has 18 tackles and one sack this season.

Taco Charlton will have to “earn opportunity” to play – ProFootballTalk

Top Bottom