Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
True.

Its crazy that whoever posted that thinks Romo would win the Super Bowl with this team :rofl2:

Romo would be a broken skin bag full of marbles by now. Especially after that 7 sack game. Romo couldn’t handle being sacked 48 times in only 14 games

His body would fall apart long before we ever sniffed at the playoffs

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo would be a broken skin bag full of marbles by now. Especially after that 7 sack game. Romo couldn’t handle being sacked 48 times in only 14 games

His body would fall apart long before we ever sniffed at the playoffs

Actually Romo would prob get the ball out sooner instead of holding on to it so long so he wouldnt be sacked as much.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
NFL has a living, breathing, Tommy boy on their hands.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Almost verbatim, my laments from years past.

Welcome to my world, during the Romo years! Is his coaching turning Dak into Romo, as I predicted and feared?

On the Aikman quote, did you notice what could be a subtle dig? He said he'd have no problem with Dak being the face of "a franchise." Not THE franchise. Not "the Cowboys franchise."

Have no fear....Dak isn't turning into Romo.

And I got that little nuance from Aikman. But dbair is still creaming in his shorts.......

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Have no fear....Dak isn't turning into Romo.

And I got that little nuance from Aikman. But dbair is still creaming in his shorts.......

If you paid attention, Troy was also the one who pointed out the two times the receivers just stopped for a second, with the ball already in the air. Making the appearance of "overthrows" even when they weren't. Which is why I was bitching that we weren't putting in any game speed work during preseason, with the new guys we had then.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dodger wont like this.

On the Aikman quote, did you notice what could be a subtle dig? He said he'd have no problem with Dak being the face of "a franchise." Not THE franchise. Not "the Cowboys franchise."

Amazing how much the meaning changes when one word is misquoted. He said "the" not "of", here's the actual quote:

"I wouldn’t hesitate one minute, uh, in uhm in having him continue to be the face, the face of the franchise"

You can hear the clip here:

... - YouTube

You can listen to the full interview here: Musers- Troy Aikman The Ticket Top 10 podcast

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dodger wont like this.

I dont give two shits about the face of the franchise. I want a QB that elevates the play of those around him or, can put a team on his back and carry them when need be. I dont think he is that guy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I dont give two shits about the face of the franchise. I want a QB that elevates the play of those around him or, can put a team on his back and carry them when need be. I dont think he is that guy.

The numbers show he is, every bit as much as Romo ever was, under pressure, 4th qtr, overtime, crunch time. In fact as much as any if his peers, from the post I made earlier.

Top Bottom