dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I say it because it’s true, it was true the first time I said it and it’s true today.

They did try

And FAILED

and that is an actual quote from Jeruh! He actually said he was happy with the WR group to start the season without a #1 WR.

Granted, we are all better for Jeruh’s failures now that we have Cooper. Seeing what Cooper has done and done for this team since he got here just proves how much of a failure the front office was at the start of the season.

You are missing the point airhead, the fact is they DID believe they needed more talent and an upgrade at WR. They TRIED to sign Watkins and Robinson to huge contracts.

The shit you are quoting from Johnny Walker GM is him trying to play down the idea that they needed a true "guy" out there, but the fact is they did TRY to get them. So they KNEW they needed it.

It worked out for the best though.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
we lead the league in obscure penalties

It seems every season we get 2-3 obscure penalties called on us that either haven’t been called in years, don’t get called very often league wide, or that are so obscure that they have to be explained to the broadcasters by the league office because they are not familiar with the penalty

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's done as a comparison with all the Romosexuals out there, who hate Dak - even though Dak pulls a Romo tonight but instead of shitting the bed in the clutch, he WINS THE GAME.
It sucked and was stupid. Going to hurry-up while 9 points up was stupid. The QUARTERBACK BAILED THEM OUT.

Folks dislike Dak because of Dak himself. He made some good throws on the game winning drive but the TD to Coop wasn't one of them. Really, we should thank the refs for calling the TD back.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Folks dislike Dak because of Dak himself. He made some good throws on the game winning drive but the TD to Coop wasn't one of them. Really, we should thank the refs for calling the TD back.

Luck works both ways. But when Romo had dumb luck it was a "great play by the future hall of famer."

See?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It seems every season we get 2-3 obscure penalties called on us that either haven’t been called in years, don’t get called very often league wide, or that are so obscure that they have to be explained to the broadcasters by the league office because they are not familiar with the penalty

We got 4 or 5 offensive holding calls today alone.

Eagles got none.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd have been more impressed had the D not given up back to back TD drives with the game on the line in the 4th quarter.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when the talk was "the Eagles fleeced Dallas again, got a better WR and paid less for it"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
"He's a warrior. I don't think there's any other way to describe him."

fraud
overrated
fumble-prone
inaccurate
Quincy-like

etc.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rams looking like shit tonight, imagine that. Against the first legit defense they've faced.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when the talk was "the Eagles fleeced Dallas again, got a better WR and paid less for it"

We were sailing towards a top 10 pick when we made the trade. That's what caused most of the consternation. Obviously, if we pick in the mid 20s, no one's complaining.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Eagles player who said we choke, was remembering the Romo years.

Dak didn't choke. He was clutch when clutch was vital.

Eat it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
During the game they said 9 players were called for that so far this year which I thought was kind of high. But I guess it was all defensive players. #Fakenews

Yeah they kinda left out the main detail there.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Folks dislike Dak because of Dak himself
I dont think folks dislike him at all, I think they dont trust him with good reason. Now if they tie a huge chunk of the cap up in him, then you might see some hate.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We got 4 or 5 offensive holding calls today alone.

Eagles got none.

I’m pretty much over that situation seeing as it happens all the time. I have sadly come to accept it as fact nowadays and no longer get upset over it.

Top Bottom