theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know damn well he's heard some doozies from Parcells and Jimmy about Jeri's antics the world would love to hear.
Wouldnt you love to get an invitation to go out on Jimmy's boat in the Keys for a few hours and hear a few simple truths?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wouldnt you love to get an invitation to go out on Jimmy's boat in the Keys for a few hours and hear a few simple truths?

Parcells too, I know believe he's holding back some doozies

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just think of all the public doozies Jerry has given us over the years. The private tales from those in the know would probably paint the picture of a man with Napoleon Syndrome.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh cool then. I could just make a sock claiming to be the Star-Telegram then, and post here!

I'm just skeptical, 20 years of doing this can make ya that way. Last 11 years admin of one of the largest and busiest sports forums on the web, and DMN doesn't mind the 100s of its articles linked and posted there. Just seems very convienent that one of the most heavily moderated and stifling DC sites claims it has to delete entire threads due to a DMCA request. Instead of just editing the link and all but a few snippets, out of the offending post(s).

Handy little tool when you don't want the membership talking about certain subjects.

At the time, I wondered what the DMN was losing by allowing it's content (linked) on a football forum. But on the flip side, why would the owner of a football sight not want DMN articles linked in his forum?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parcells too, I know believe he's holding back some doozies

Sure he is. But Jerry made him rich when he was struggling after his divorce. BP is an old school Northeast guy.....we're loyal like that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At the time, I wondered what the DMN was losing by allowing it's content (linked) on a football forum.
Couple that with, the DMN isn't going after any other site that I've ever even remotely heard of, for links back to their content. It just smells a bit fishy, considering the source.
But on the flip side, why would the owner of a football sight not want DMN articles linked in his forum?
Owner of a football site that is known for forbidding certain topics.... Perhaps there's an axe to grind there, maybe the DMN publishes too many "negative" articles to suit them? Perhaps it's a ban of DMN by them, not DMN going after them at all.

It has two "advantages." First and foremost, there's the "look how important and relevant we are, the big city newspaper READS here!" and, the handy tool for having a convenient excuse to delete content of topics they don't like. "Hey, don't blame us for deleting your thread, we told you links back to and content from the DMN is verboten!"

Totalitarian regime that by all accounts it is, it's not a stretch if they faked the whole thing. Their credibility is long suspect.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sure he is. But Jerry made him rich when he was struggling after his divorce. BP is an old school Northeast guy.....we're loyal like that.
Parcells has class. He'll never say shit publicly or anywhere it might get leaked publicly.

Reaction score
Yeah something does seem off about all that. Certainly there is more than Reality is telling. It may be nothing more than a personal spat he had with someone at DMN, but who knows.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Trouty in da howse!

who is Tex_Randall touting this place in the comments of that article?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ahh... Evidence which supports my theory.
Furthermore it kind of changes my theory a little. More likely now it seems the "ban" on DMN content at the Z, was just a "fuck those motherfuckers, they wrote a bad (truthful) article about us so we just won't send them any more traffic" and the ability to use the fake DMCA as an excuse to wipe member content they don't like is just an unintended bonus.

The above seems a lot more likely than it being an actual, real-life DMCA issue.

Top Bottom