dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The way Jacksonville's defense finally showed up for once today was a nice blueprint for playing Indy. If only we had coaches who knew what to do with it...

Didnt we beat those great coaches 40-7 a few weeks ago?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers‏ @packers · 3 minutes ago

The Green Bay Packers have parted ways with Head Coach Mike McCarthy & named Joe Philbin interim head coach: Packers announce head-coaching change

No surprise. The Packers were pretty mediocre last couple years and their offense has been getting easier and easier to stop, even with an all world QB. That all world QB has also been very public in his lack of faith in head coaches play-calling and system as well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
which begs the question, who's making good decisions at the ranch because for all our criticisms, I have to acknowledge there appears to be some pretty good stuff going on with the cowboys

For whatever reason we've been pretty good at getting kickers and having success with them over the last 10 years. Which when you think about it, is just about Ginger's speed.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bummer

Hopefully he recovers and can be 100% for next yr though.

To me this is no surprise and the speclation he might be back this season was a bit far fetched. Because the main thrust of his treatment is immuno suporession to a high degree, and the locker room environment as well as practice and gameday is rife with infection opportunities for everyone, much less for someone with a severely compromised immune system.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sad to say, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he never suits up for the Cowboys again

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sad to say, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he never suits up for the Cowboys again

Yep sadly it's much more likely than not, that his playing career is done. Especially if they have to go to a "management" regime rather than the current cure regime.

Either way the prognosis is good though, for a long and productive life, the damage to him can be minimized long term and the symptoms managed well. But of course that represents continued immuno-suppression although not nearly as severe as current.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
To me this is no surprise and the speclation he might be back this season was a bit far fetched. Because the main thrust of his treatment is immuno suporession to a high degree, and the locker room environment as well as practice and gameday is rife with infection opportunities for everyone, much less for someone with a severely compromised immune system.

I take an immune system suppressant every day.
It works, but I have to avoid crowded places, especially those where children and/or their parents might be. Nothing against them, but school age children have all the germs, and so do their parents.
Mostly the immune suppression drugs take awhile to be effective, although I have no knowledge of what Fred is taking.
I'm not surprised Fred won't be back this year.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Yep sadly it's much more likely than not, that his playing career is done. Especially if they have to go to a "management" regime rather than the current cure regime.

Either way the prognosis is good though, for a long and productive life, the damage to him can be minimized long term and the symptoms managed well. But of course that represents continued immuno-suppression although not nearly as severe as current.

Spot on Dooms.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I take an immune system suppressant every day.
It works, but I have to avoid crowded places, especially those where children and/or their parents might be. Nothing against them, but school age children have all the germs, and so do their parents.
Mostly the immune suppression drugs take awhile to be effective, although I have no knowledge of what Fred is taking.
I'm not surprised Fred won't be back this year.

Plus if he's ever "cured" and taken completely off the regime, it's at least a year before he can go back to infection-risk environments, if at all. Takes that long or longer for the immune system to bounce back from the suppression.

Curious and if you don't mind telling, what's your immuno suppression treatment for?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Plus if he's ever "cured" and taken completely off the regime, it's at least a year before he can go back to infection-risk environments, if at all. Takes that long or longer for the immune system to bounce back from the suppression.

Curious and if you don't mind telling, what's your immuno suppression treatment for?

Rheumatoid Arthritis. Very manageable with proper meds and so forth.
My problems stem from two different misdiagnoses. The disease ran rampant for three years while doctors consulted each other and took my money.
Finally got the proper diagnosis, but several of my joints were FUBAR by then.
Your own immune system goes after the soft parts of the body, not limited to your joints. It's what killed Glen Frey, or contributed to it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I accepted this outcome the moment I became better informed about his illness. It sucks.

Yep.

Only slim hope I had was that maybe they had him on some super expensive new, targeted DNA-based treatment or something not generally known about. But deeper study ruled that hope out.

He's a miracle man if he ever suits up again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rheumatoid Arthritis. Very manageable with proper meds and so forth.
My problems stem from two different misdiagnoses. The disease ran rampant for three years while doctors consulted each other and took my money.
Finally got the proper diagnosis, but several of my joints were FUBAR by then.
Your own immune system goes after the soft parts of the body, not limited to your joints. It's what killed Glen Frey, or contributed to it.

Untold numbers have died from RA exactly that way, waiting for the right diagnosis before it was too late.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Mark Schlereth had this and he said it took him about a year or so to get back close enough to game shape to play.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Snakebit Redskins... Colt McCoy lost for the season now too... Broken right fibia. Buttfumble Sanchez takes over with only 2 weeks on the roster.

Top Bottom