Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Sorry I don't agree with that.

He rolls himself into many of these sacks. Or he "drifts" instead of stepping up or rolling to his right, which would give him a better chance to throw the ball away or maybe even get away and make some yards towards the sideline.

That's what they've fucking TAUGHT HIM to do. He wasn't doing any of that shit his first year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's what they've fucking TAUGHT HIM to do. He wasn't doing any of that shit his first year.

Sorry, I don't agree. It's 100% on him.

Now they should be able to coach him out of this if they were worth anything.

That said, we have 3 backups playing on the OL right now. The protections shouldn't be perfect, but a lot of these sacks are 100% on Prescott.

He made his share of good plays too though. Had some excellent throws and the scramble where he refused to go down and got the 1st was an awesome play.

He just has to work on this taking sacks garbage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So does Mike Perrara. Because it is correct.

I'd much rather have no-calls than ticky-tack crap.

I thought Perrera actually agreed it was a pushoff.

I don't care, it didn't cost us the game and that play should have never happened anyway. If not for knucklehead Gregory this would have been an epic defensive performance.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We made it ugly, and we kept it ugly. AND wrote the blueprint on how to beat Nawlins. Press coverage, middle pressure. Brees' Achilles Heel.

I think I've seen at least six or seven Saints games this year, and nobody has gotten that kind of pressure on Brees. Dak will get the press for tonight, but the win tonight was earned 100 percent by the defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
PAY THAT MAN

Demarcus Lawrence. Got double teamed (and some plays actually triple teams when you count guys chipping him) and still dominated.

Maliek Collins had a dominant game too, and LVE/Jaylon were tremendous.

Great game by secondary too.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TEAM RECORD for single game completions in a row. That beats Romo, Aikman, Staubach, White and yeah, Weeden.

You are trying to move the goalposts instead of just nodding and saying "yeah you're right, nobody's defending Dak tonight."

Because nobody did.

Please stop man. He surpassed Brandon Weeden's record. Not Aikman's......not Dodger's.....not Romo's.......but Brandon Fucking Weeden. I should be impressed? Stop man. He was putrid. Horrible. Brandon Weedenesque. And I'm supposed to be impressed?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think I've seen at least six or seven Saints games this year, and nobody has gotten that kind of pressure on Brees. Dak will get the press for tonight, but the win tonight was earned 100 percent by the defense.

That middle pressure combined with the occasional corner blitz coming from Brees' left, combined with the obstinate press coverage on the receivers doomed that offensive scheme, and the only "adjustment" they made was stupidly trying to run sweeps against our speedy linebackers.

The front 7 dominated this game, making tbe press coverage work without getting exposed.

It was all about controlled HUSTLE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And if not for a few very fortunate bounces, this would have been an even more other worldly defensive effort...they got very lucky to have balls bounce right back to them

Gregory's two dumbass penalties cost us giving up the only TD we'd give up, and a sack/fumble and recovery by our D deep in their territory. He deserves to get royally chewed out by coaches for that, although if he hadn't have had those two dumbass plays he'd be getting some huge props too. He owned their LT virtually all night and even played well vs the run.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think Dak was anywhere near putrid, but somehow he has got to figure out how to get rid of the football and quit taking all these damn sacks. It's killing the offense.

And he just has to make that throw to Gallup. That's two weeks in a row he missed a long TD to Gallup to ice a game.

Any offensive penalty derails this O. He can't throw past the sticks with any accuracy or anticipation. It was just painful to watch him play while the D was insane.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Please stop man. He surpassed Brandon Weeden's record. Not Aikman's......not Dodger's.....not Romo's.......but Brandon Fucking Weeden. I should be impressed? Stop man. He was putrid. Horrible. Brandon Weedenesque. And I'm supposed to be impressed?

I don't agree he was putrid, but he definitely kept the Saints in the game with a couple of really bad plays.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

The TEAM RECORD is the team record.

Nobody said you should be impressed, anymore than you were sucking Romo's dick every time he beat any other team passing record, even though we've never been a "light it up" passing team.

Romo breaks a Danny White record, you suck his dick. Romo beats a Aikman record, you suck his dick. Even though those records aren't very impressive at all.

So, hell yes I expect you to kneel down and suck Dak's dIck. LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Any offensive penalty derails this O. He can't throw past the sticks with any accuracy or anticipation. It was just painful to watch him play while the D was insane.

That first deep one to Gallup was a great throw downfield. he had a few other really good throws downfield too.

But the miss to Gallup and taking that damn redzone sack and coughing up the ball really could have lost the game. He has got to eliminate some of these negative plays.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll see there Marcus.

Two pretty significant games coming up vs Eagles and Colts, after a pseudo bye-week for us to get a few more guys back (hopefully)

The Eagles game is actually more important than the Saints game in the grand scheme of things. Lets see how we handle this huge win.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
PAY THAT MAN

Demarcus Lawrence. Got double teamed (and some plays actually triple teams when you count guys chipping him) and still dominated.

Maliek Collins had a dominant game too, and LVE/Jaylon were tremendous.

Great game by secondary too.

He IS getting paid. 17 million this season.

Lock him up with a cap-friendly deal, franchise him again or let him TEST THE MARKET.

I can't stress this enough. Just like I did with Romo and Dez, and was right about both.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He IS getting paid. 17 million this season.

Lock him up with a cap-friendly deal, franchise him again or let him TEST THE MARKET.

I can't stress this enough. Just like I did with Romo and Dez, and was right about both.

Yeah ok, Lawrence is nothing like Dez dude. In any way, shape or form.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The TEAM RECORD is the team record.

So I should be impressed with Weeden? Not me. You can ride Weeden's jock and crow about his record when he owned it.

Nobody said you should be impressed, anymore than you were sucking Romo's dick every time he beat any other team passing record, even though we've never been a "light it up" passing team.

Romo breaks a Danny White record, you suck his dick. Romo beats a Aikman record, you suck his dick. Even though those records aren't very impressive at all.

So, hell yes I expect you to kneel down and suck Dak's dIck.

I don't care about Romo. That's become the standard fall back for the uninformed when it comes to Dak. But while you're at it and talking about a "TEAM RECORD" being a team record, you seem to have no issue being critical of the guy that holds most of them.

You're embarrassing yourself with Dak. I'm trying to help you.....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
#88 is losing his shit on the post game show! I love it

Once a Cowboy always a Cowboy!

Top Bottom