dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Prescott had made two better throws at the end of the Redskins & Saints games, Gallup would be at the top of this list in yards and tied for tds.

This kid is going to be a really good player. Major steal where we got him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Courtesy of PercyHoward at CZ.

Elliott Inside 10-yd line
Rushing Success rate
with Frederick: 65.9%
without: 33.3%

Prescott's passer rating vs Blitz
with Frederick: 109.1
without: 82.6

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tony Dungy sucked. George Seifert isn't going in the HoF any time soon. Mike Tomlin? Really? He should suck Big Ben's cock all day. Gary Kubiak?

The one thing a "great" coach had, historically speaking, is a HoF QB. That's the common theme throughout the history of the NFL. Even the list of scrub coaches above had a HoF QB. You can talk about Dilfer all you want. Or Hostetler. Their outliers. Stop talking fucking stupid.

Barry Switzer raises hand.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak was figured out in the first game against the Giants in his second season. That's when I sobered up
Ahh, you mean after the first full offseason of Garrett's "coaching." See? You can actually get it, if you try. It's nice to see you're slowly starting to come around and no longer call Dak's 2016 campaign "just lucky."
You "predicting" Dak would fall off because of the HC wasn't a stretch
But, had most people here calling me an idiot, and such. NOBODY else saw it coming. I did.
And let comment on this stupid part of your post. I get the inference and it's a cowardly one, as if I was rooting against a QB of my team because he was "young and mobile." What kind of code is that?
You see a "dog whistle" here? Project much? It's the POCKET PASSERS who have long term and championship success at the pro level, not the young mobile ones. What, you actually think the league isn't going to "figure out" all the new, mobile young guys who are tearing up the league right now? Mahomes and Mayfield are the exact same ones Dak is, from the "young and mobile" perspective. The only difference in them is THE COACHING. So I expect Mahomes and Mayfield to continue to improve. That does mean less running and more pocket passing, by the way.
I still think Prescott would benefit greatly from better coaching.

He is never going to be Warren Moon in terms of passing ability, but his worst couple of current problems to me, seem like something better coaching could help him improve greatly on. Somebody needs to "speed him up" and if they did, he could be a fairly successful NFL starter and one a team can win with.
And it greatly matters the coaching he is getting, HOW they "speed him up" and WHAT they are teaching.

The problem here is THE COACHING he is getting.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And by the way, just to make sure I'm on record and you don't get it twisted, I am AGAINST extending Dak. I think they should let him play out his last year then let him test the market. If he gets signed away, more power to him. If not then we have all good reason to sign him to a short term deal for very cap-friendly money.

This coming draft isn't much for quarterbacks. The 2020 draft though, WILL be. You draft your future QB then regardless.

All this is assuming we don't have the Garrett regime anymore after this season. If they're going to stupidly and knee-jerk marry Dak long term it is a MUST that you spend huge to get him some qualified COACHING. Otherwise it's all acedemic. He is NOT going to improve with the coaching he is getting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tony Dungy sucked. George Seifert isn't going in the HoF any time soon. Mike Tomlin? Really? He should suck Big Ben's cock all day. Gary Kubiak?

The one thing a "great" coach had, historically speaking, is a HoF QB. That's the common theme throughout the history of the NFL. Even the list of scrub coaches above had a HoF QB. You can talk about Dilfer all you want. Or Hostetler. Their outliers. Stop talking fucking stupid.

Bill Parcells won two super bowls and neither QB is in the HoF. Joe Gibbs won 3 super bowls with 3 different QB's who will never sniff the HoF.

Parcells and Gibbs are two of the greatest coaches of all time are they not?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why do those slobs at IdiotZone cream their pants over the idea of Klifff Kingsbury running an NFL offense?

For that matter the same thing with Lincoln Riley as a potential NFL HC.

Maybe either would work out, but I am not overly impressed with "offensive geniuses" from the Big 12, which as a conference plays absolutely no defense whatsoever.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Why do those slobs at IdiotZone cream their pants over the idea of Klifff Kingsbury running an NFL offense?

For that matter the same thing with Lincoln Riley as a potential NFL HC.

Maybe either would work out, but I am not overly impressed with "offensive geniuses" from the Big 12, which as a conference plays absolutely no defense whatsoever.
Yep it's the conference of the soft zone backend and the read and react front.

And the "Air Raid" offense won't survive in the NFL any more than the "Run and Shoot" or the "K-Gun did.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kirby Smart just did his best Pete Carroll imitation by making the worst decision ever in a big game that I've ever seen.

What a fucking ****** HC and what a choke job by my Dawgs.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bill Parcells won two super bowls and neither QB is in the HoF. Joe Gibbs won 3 super bowls with 3 different QB's who will never sniff the HoF.

Parcells and Gibbs are two of the greatest coaches of all time are they not?

Do you know what an outlier is? You're proving my point and can't even see it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh, you mean after the first full offseason of Garrett's "coaching." See? You can actually get it, if you try. It's nice to see you're slowly starting to come around and no longer call Dak's 2016 campaign "just lucky."

I supported Dak during that year. And I may have (recently) called him "lucky" but I don't think so. But maybe you can show me if I said it and the context.

You see a "dog whistle" here? Project much? It's the POCKET PASSERS who have long term and championship success at the pro level, not the young mobile ones. What, you actually think the league isn't going to "figure out" all the new, mobile young guys who are tearing up the league right now? Mahomes and Mayfield are the exact same ones Dak is, from the "young and mobile" perspective. The only difference in them is THE COACHING. So I expect Mahomes and Mayfield to continue to improve. That does mean less running and more pocket passing, by the way.

OK, if you say so but that's an interesting way to describe my feelings on Dak, as if I give a shit if a QB is young and mobile, so long as he can pass the rock. Personally, I think you're inferring something else and now backpedaling because you nor anyone else has heard one complaint from me regarding Dak being "young and mobile." Elway was mobile; so were Young, Farve, Jake the Snake, Rodgers, Tarkenton and a bunch of other QB's. So what's your point?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK, if you say so but that's an interesting way to describe my feelings on Dak, as if I give a shit if a QB is young and mobile, so long as he can pass the rock. Personally, I think you're inferring something else and now backpedaling because you nor anyone else has heard one complaint from me regarding Dak being "young and mobile." Elway was mobile; so were Young, Farve, Jake the Snake, Rodgers, Tarkenton and a bunch of other QB's. So what's your point?

The point is exactly what I said. Today's mobile young QBs never had the pocket training the old timers you list did. Never had it in HS, or college but now must learn it in the pros. Those guys knew how to take a snap from center and properly do 5 and 7 step dropbacks. Knew how to read defenses, developed pocket awareness and proper throwing motion and mechanics. These young bucks don't. They have to be taught. And that is where the COACHING importance gets magnified.

Hey, at least we're not stuck with the actual REAL dog at qb from that draft, thanks to Denver. We definitely lucked out and got the better player on that.

By the way I would never venture to explore your "feelings" about Dak or any other player. I assumed until now you only had objective thoughts about it. Feelings lead us astray in evaluating just about anything.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Kirby Smart just did his best Pete Carroll imitation by making the worst decision ever in a big game that I've ever seen.

What a fucking ****** HC and what a choke job by my Dawgs.

If it makes you feel any better Dbair they werent winning that game whether he punted or not. Alabama had all the momentum and Georgia was on their heels. But I do agree not making the fake punt was suicidal.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Courtesy of PercyHoward at CZ.

Elliott Inside 10-yd line
Rushing Success rate
with Frederick: 65.9%
without: 33.3%

Prescott's passer rating vs Blitz
with Frederick: 109.1
without: 82.6

Fred is the best center in Cowboy history I dont think its debatable. Manders and Rafferty were nice players but not in Freds category. And its no coincidence that the line play has much improved since he basically became the new O Line coach FWIW.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know what an outlier is? You're proving my point and can't even see it.

Yes I know, do you?

5 Super Bowl victories (about 10% of the total wins) are not "outliers". Further, those same two coaches were perennial playoff teams with those same types of QB's.

Philly last year I'd say is an "outlier" or "fluke". Baltimore you could say is an "outlier"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better Dbair they werent winning that game whether he punted or not. Alabama had all the momentum and Georgia was on their heels. But I do agree not making the fake punt was suicidal.

It was 4th and 11 at midfield. They run in there with Fields as one of the up-men (something they hadn't done much (if any) this year. The play had ZERO chance, and Alabama wasn't fooled in the least because they essentially kept their defensive guys on the field. If you punt, probably the worst case scenario is Alabama starts from their 20 and has to drive 50-60 yards to have a legit chance for a FG in the final 2:00 minutes (with a backup QB). The game was not over then, it was over when he made the dumbass decision to try a fake punt.

Top Bottom