Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ed69e9ce7adab85797bd477c60c5abbf.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was dubious when the flag was thrown, but it's clear that he had both hands on Coop's arm. Absent the hold, that's probably a completed pass.

View attachment 4361

Joe Suck was getting his panties in a wad over this call, but Perrera had to let him down and inform him that this was, in fact PI.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Wonder how much the league is going to fine The Gimp for that targeted head shot he landed.

I bet 50K minimum.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently we DID get hosed on this Gregory "in the neutral zone" phantom call.

Randy Gregory wasn’t lined up in the neutral zone – ProFootballTalk

One of the more bizarre officiating errors in a night marked with several of them came when the folks in black and white wiped out a Drew Brees fumble, recovered by the Cowboys.

Referee Walt Anderson announced that Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory had lined up in the neutral zone. But one small problem existed with this conclusion: Gregory wasn’t lined up in the neutral zone.

The neutral zone is, per the official rulebook, the “space between the forward and backward points of the ball (planes) and extends to the sidelines.” Look at the photo of the pre-snap alignment. Gregory’s hand simply doesn’t line up with or beyond the forward point of the ball.

“This is too technical for a foul to be called,” former NFL referee and current Sunday Night Football rules analyst Terry McAulay told PFT via text message. “Moreover, the [left tackle] appears to be lined up in the backfield, so it would be better to have simply warned both players in this situation.”

Even a warning arguably would have been excessive. Gregory simply wasn’t in the neutral zone, and the official that concluded otherwise flat out blew it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Like the long snapper in Washington, we seem to draw odd penalties that cost us dearly.

vlcsnap-2018-11-30-15h01m55s640.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Called Gregory for dubious neutral zone infraction, misses Saints LT lined up off the LOS, creating an illegal formation.

Negates huge sack/fumble/turnover by Lawrence and Crawford that could have helped us ice the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dodger will give this one 100 likes

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Kinda similar, remember when everyone crowed in 2009 that the only reason we humiliated them so bad in Week 17 is Andy Reid fleeced us by "losing that last game of the season on purpose so they could play Dallas again the following week in the playoffs"

That worked out great for them.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dodger will give this one 100 likes

I wish I could like it 100 times because he's spot on. We should have destroyed the Saints last night. We won in spite of our QB. I'll repeat again (and this time while I'm sober)....Dak was putrid. Absolutely horrendous and disgusting at the position. Can he change and improve? Sure. Will he? No. He's content to drive the bus and hope his D carries him to a huge payday. #Fraud

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The neutral zone is, per the official rulebook, the “space between the forward and backward points of the ball (planes) and extends to the sidelines.” Look at the photo of the pre-snap alignment. Gregory’s hand simply doesn’t line up with or beyond the forward point of the ball... Gregory simply wasn’t in the neutral zone...
It makes exactly zero fucks where his hand is. His HEAD is clearly violating the neutral zone and he is offsides. The call is correct. Ticky-tacky? Debatable. The violation existed and was called correctly and is NOT debatable.

He is lined up offsides because he is a dumb dullard doper who should be bagging groceries for minimum wage instead of making millions as a professional football player. And on a side note: When you're a mouthy idiot arguing with officials about your previous blatant roughing the kicker call? They're gonna be watching your stupid ass for exactly this kind of ticky-tacky shit.

This is ALL on Gregory and not on the officials or any kind of "conspiracy."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just like the Brice Butler call last year that no one had ever heard called before
No, it's not. Neutral zone infractions happen all the time and get called, all the time.
The penalty on Butler gets called too, just a lot more rarely because it so rarely ever happens. That fact doesn't change the legitimacy or accuracy of the foul.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It makes exactly zero fucks where his hand is. His HEAD is clearly violating the neutral zone and he is offsides. The call is correct. Ticky-tacky? Debatable. The violation existed and was called correctly and is NOT debatable.

He is lined up offsides because he is a dumb dullard doper who should be bagging groceries for minimum wage instead of making millions as a professional football player. And on a side note: When you're a mouthy idiot arguing with officials about your previous blatant roughing the kicker call? They're gonna be watching your stupid ass for exactly this kind of ticky-tacky shit.

This is ALL on Gregory and not on the officials or any kind of "conspiracy."

Dude just stop with this nonsense. Even the refs that cover the games for the networks (two of them) have said today this wasn't a penalty.

In fact the only penalty was the New Orleans LT CLEARLY off the LOS, which is an illegal formation penalty and was CLEAR AS DAY an easy call to make. Yet it was ignored and instead they called a totally bogus neutral zone infraction on our guy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dude just stop with this nonsense. Even the refs that cover the games for the networks (two of them) have said today this wasn't a penalty.

In fact the only penalty was the New Orleans LT CLEARLY off the LOS, which is an illegal formation penalty and was CLEAS AS DAY an easy call to make. Yet it was ignored and instead they called a totally bogus neutral zone infraction on our guy.

If you can't look at the position of the ball in the picture, then look at the doper's head and see it intersects, then I have no help for you. Look at our other d-linemen who are not offsides, for reference. They are lined up correctly. The position of the doper's hand isn't at all relevant. It's his head.

The o-tackle is within the limits of alignment although it is close.

Again, you are more likely to get shit like this called on you when you're a mouthy idiot arguing with the officials over your blatant obvious roughing of the punter from earlier. And also if you've been lining up in the NZ during the game and it hasn't been caught and the other team is complaining about it. Re-watch the game and you'll see the fuck was doing it off and on all game but more blatantly than the one they called.

Because he is a stupid fuck who shouldn't be suiting up in the NFL.

This is exactly why this shit continues to happen, the Cowboys coaches blaming the officials instead of correcting the idiot player.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
OK Dooms, what do those guys who called NFL games for years know about this after looking at exactly the same thing? You do understand the LOS is NOT the 50 yd line right?

You're also blatantly wrong about the LT thing. He's almost a full yard beyond where the RT is, and he's right at the limit of what is considered legal. A case could probably be made based on that photo that the LG isn't on the LOS either. The same guy (former official) this morning that noted Gregory wasn't in the neutral zone, pointed out the correct call if something was going to be called was the LT not on the LOS.

I don't disagree with you that he's (Gregory) a stupid fuck and he deserves all sorts of criticism for the roughing the punter call last night as well as that idiocy in the Seattle game. But he got 100% hosed on that neutral zone infraction. It was a bad call and one that didn't even appear to be made by the ref who would have had the best view. The flag also came out extremely late.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK Dooms, what do those guys who called NFL games for years know about this after looking at exactly the same thing? You do understand the LOS is NOT the 50 yd line right?
I understand the position of the ball in the picture and the neutral zone it represents, and the position of the idiot's hat in relation to it. His hand on the ground is completely irrelevant. His head IS violating the NZ.

We agree on the LT. I said he was legal but close. You said he was "right at the edge of what is considered legal." That's agreeable. Gregory was "right at the edge" too but clearly a foul.

Again, when you rewatch this game to savor it, as I have, watch Gregory. He was doing that shit off and on all night until he was caught. Playing a little game with his opponent and the refs, instead of playing a FOOTBALL game.

I don't care what the TV talking heads say, I trust my eyes.

Top Bottom