dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fitting that the D closes it out.

What a defensive effort. If not for the dumbass penalty on Gregory we'd have held them to 3 pts. We also might have scored ourselves again if he had lined up offsides and negated that great sack/fumble by Lawrence.

Too many fucking mistakes and Prescott nearly blew the game with the awful miss on what should have been an easy game clinching TD to Gallup, then inexplicably does the one fucking thing you cant do on 3rd down in the redzone, taking the bad sack and losing the ball again.

Still, cant take away what the D did tonight. Sensational defense against one of the top-3 offenses in football.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We made it ugly, and we kept it ugly. AND wrote the blueprint on how to beat Nawlins. Press coverage, middle pressure. Brees' Achilles Heel.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We held the #5 scoring offense in the League to ten fucking points.

This defense is FOR REAL.

Really held them to 3. Gregory dumbass penalty on punt extended that drive, plus they then missed the offensive PI on the TD.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Really held them to 3. Gregory dumbass penalty on punt extended that drive, plus they then missed the offensive PI on the TD.

But.. We still had the opportunity to STOP them after Gregory's idiocy. They fucking scored, EARNING their TD.

We held the #5 scoring offense in the League to 10 points and only 170 yds total offense.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wow! 13-10. I never saw that coming. (I did see the 13...)

Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen. There were mistakes. But in spite of them, they STILL won! And at least they were primarily aggressive mistakes.

I'm a believer. I'm picking the Cowboys the rest of the way. I am officially a homer the rest of the way. They earned my respect tonight.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can dispute it, fire away.

Nobody's been "defending" Dak, in this thread.

TWO of us have posted corrections of innacurate crap and outright lies.

That's called "correction." Not "defending."

Dak's performance speaks for itself. It's not inaccurate, it's not made up, it just is what it is. You can play on words all you want and we've gone back and forth on Dak for a while now. This D deserves better. He was outright putrid the second half.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Fitting that the D closes it out.

What a defensive effort. If not for the dumbass penalty on Gregory we'd have held them to 3 pts. We also might have scored ourselves again if he had lined up offsides and negated that great sack/fumble by Lawrence.

Too many fucking mistakes and Prescott nearly blew the game with the awful miss on what should have been an easy game clinching TD to Gallup, then inexplicably does the one fucking thing you cant do on 3rd down in the redzone, taking the bad sack and losing the ball again.

Still, cant take away what the D did tonight. Sensational defense against one of the top-3 offenses in football.

3Rd down or any other down, you simply cannot have that red zine turnover. No matter who you are. It is a fucking Cardinal Sin and it is unacceptable.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What an effort, held them to 170 total yards. That's unheard of against Payton and Brees.

Goalline stand. Continuous pressure on the QB. Good run D, excellent tackling and they close out the game with pick forced by great pressure.

We haven't seen that kind of D in quite some time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak's performance speaks for itself. It's not inaccurate, it's not made up, it just is what it is. You can play on words all you want and we've gone back and forth on Dak for a while now. This D deserves better. He was outright putrid the second half.

TEAM RECORD for single game completions in a row. That beats Romo, Aikman, Staubach, White and yeah, Weeden.

You are trying to move the goalposts instead of just nodding and saying "yeah you're right, nobody's defending Dak tonight."

Because nobody did.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
3Rd down or any other down, you simply cannot have that red zine turnover. No matter who you are. It is a fucking Cardinal Sin and it is unacceptable.

I agree 100%. It's inexcusable.

They got 7 sacks on us tonight, I bet 5 or 6 of them were pretty much on Prescott himself. It's been that way all year.

And the missed throw to Gallup was killer. That was game over right there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And what does all this add up to?

ONE AND DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS and Garrett coaching the Cowboys for another 5 years

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well again, they kind of did get away with the pushoff.

That was a good no-call, because if they're gonna call that while ignoring Brown grabbing his arm to start with? It was a wash. Touchdown.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think Dak was anywhere near putrid, but somehow he has got to figure out how to get rid of the football and quit taking all these damn sacks. It's killing the offense.

And he just has to make that throw to Gallup. That's two weeks in a row he missed a long TD to Gallup to ice a game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree 100%. It's inexcusable.

They got 7 sacks on us tonight, I bet 5 or 6 of them were pretty much on Prescott himself. It's been that way all year.

And the missed throw to Gallup was killer. That was game over right there.

His taking so many sacks actually goes back to the whole 2nd half of last season.

When they started trying to turn him into Drew Bledsoe.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
TEAM RECORD for single game completions in a row. That beats Romo, Aikman, Staubach, White and yeah, Weeden.

Easy there amigo. If Aikman played with these rules today he might complete 80% for a season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His taking so many sacks actually goes back to the whole 2nd half of last season.

When they started trying to turn him into Drew Bledsoe.

Sorry I don't agree with that.

He rolls himself into many of these sacks. Or he "drifts" instead of stepping up or rolling to his right, which would give him a better chance to throw the ball away or maybe even get away and make some yards towards the sideline.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think Dak was anywhere near putrid, but somehow he has got to figure out how to get rid of the football and quit taking all these damn sacks. It's killing the offense.

And he just has to make that throw to Gallup. That's two weeks in a row he missed a long TD to Gallup to ice a game.

Romo would have thrown that short, making him stop to get it. He would have been tackled immediately but you still would have had the yardage and the 1st down. Troy even talked about that when it happened.

I much prefer leading them and going for the kill shot. You're not going to complete that every time though.

Top Bottom