Opinion of Cowboys with win vs Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Simple question, and discuss.

If the Cowboys win Thursday vs Saints, does your opinion of them now change?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not for me. Of course it all depends on how we win. If it's a win from a double-fortyburger shootout I'd be very surprised. If we were to hold them under 20 I'd be highly impressed but not all that surprised.

But win or lose it really doesn't change my opinion of this assembled bunch - We're a mediocre team who on any given day can beat 10-1 teams or lose to 2-8 teams. We have above average personnel at most starting positions but mostly because of putrid coaching, we have little to no depth.

Our special teams suck and seem designed to "play it safe" instead of attack. I can't remember the last time we blocked a punt or a fg, can't remember the last time our return teams were a weapon, and can't remember when last we could consistently stuff kick and punt returns.

Whole scheme in all 3 phases seems designed to be "risk averse" and that right there is why you're mediocre and going to stay that way.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not for me. Of course it all depends on how we win. If it's a win from a double-fortyburger shootout I'd be very surprised. If we were to hold them under 20 I'd be highly impressed but not all that surprised.

But win or lose it really doesn't change my opinion of this assembled bunch - We're a mediocre team who on any given day can beat 10-1 teams or lose to 2-8 teams. We have above average personnel at most starting positions but mostly because of putrid coaching, we have little to no depth.

Our special teams suck and seem designed to "play it safe" instead of attack. I can't remember the last time we blocked a punt or a fg, can't remember the last time our return teams were a weapon, and can't remember when last we could consistently stuff kick and punt returns.

Whole scheme in all 3 phases seems designed to be "risk averse" and that right there is why you're mediocre and going to stay that way.

So follow directions and make a vote.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My thing is that when you hit the 3/4 pole of the season, when injuries pile up, and coaching and adjustments matter most, the red headed genius has proven an absolute failure. Normally Garrett teams peak in October, maybe this year it was November.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I think much would made of it if we beat NO, but I'm with Dooms here. Won't change a thing for me.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If I woke up Friday and the sky was purple, I would suspect I had gone insane.
If I woke up Friday and the Cowboys had beat the Saints I would know it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything short of a SB that would make me change my opinion about the Red Dolt. Matter of fact, it's almost to the point that the longer he stays, I almost expect he'll get lucky.

My focus will be on Dak. Can he lead the team and put up some points? The Saints are going to score, IMO, and I'm not convinced Dak can keep it close. It's all about the QB position for at this point.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I voted playoff team because the division is always a shit show so they have a good shot

The front office has done something right because now dallas can lose sean lee and tyron smith and still squeak out wins

Granted zeke is on a tear

But

Amari cooper has become dipshit linehans magic eraser. Hes getting open and converting so many 1st downs on all downs ... but especially on 3rd

Linehan can afford to dick around on 1st and 2nd then just call coopers number and PRESTO! When only 1 month ago, anything more than 3rd and 3 and you were 99% sure it was gonna result in a punt

Then The defense moved byron to corner and now all of a sudden they only need to cover 1 side of the field. Add LVE being a stud on top of jaylon and dlaw,, this defense has great peices in place

So moral is i really like the players and i wish they would all agree to a mutiny so they can win a championship

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lolololol

Sounds exactly like something Hostile would say except you forgot to add “not how I was raised”

:blowhard

I didn't know I was supposed to add that. I can, if you want me to.

I simply don't like polls.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything short of a SB that would make me change my opinion about the Red Dolt. Matter of fact, it's almost to the point that the longer he stays, I almost expect he'll get lucky.

My questions wasn't about Garrett though, it was more to do with the team this season.

We all know there's a 99.97598719999% chance that he will never amount to anything other than suckassness.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My questions wasn't about Garrett though, it was more to do with the team this season.

We all know there's a 99.97598719999% chance that he will never amount to anything other than suckassness.

Put it this way, if lets say Andy Reid was HC, I'd say the Cowboys would be a team that other teams would want to avoid in the playoffs, even with Dak at QB, they obviously have some talent. Problem is Garrett and the team are too intertwined for me to answer any other way, if you are great physical specimen but have stage 4 cancer,you arent gonna make it. Garrett is stage 4 cancer to this franchise, if there was a stage 5 it would be Jerry.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't know I was supposed to add that. I can, if you want me to.

I simply don't like polls.

I’m just messing with you, that’s kind of stuff he would say and that part I added was slways a funny touch imo

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As long as Garrett is still the head coach following the New Orleans game my opinion of the team won’t change. Win or lose, it doesn’t matter as long as Garrett is still the head coach

The team is irrelevant at this point. They will never succeed as long as Garrett remains the head coach.

Win, lose, draw, so what

The players on the team don’t matter. They come and go, Super stars come and waste their careers here, mediocre players do the same, and the bad players have a special place in the Jones’ heart apparently

Again, none of this matters as long as Garrett is still the head coach. Because in the end, after all the other bullshit. We are still an 8-8 team when it’s all said and done. And that’s all we will ever be under this head coach

We could beat the Rams, Chiefs, Patriots and Saints

Then we would turn around and lose to the Raiders, Giants, Niners, and Cards

Like I said, we are an 8-8 team at its core under Garrett

Last edited:
Reaction score
They could run the table on the regular season and I would still expect to be one and done in the playoffs. Seen that movie before a couple of times.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well, you did offer a choice which included Garrett. If the team can beat the Saints, I'll have some hope that we can make the playoffs and even make some noise. This game will be decided by the D. If they can stop Brees and the Saints offense, they'll win (hello, Captain Obvious). But that's a tall task.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Better question: If the Cowboys win the East, will they be a home underdog in that first playoff game?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Better question: If the Cowboys win the East, will they be a home underdog in that first playoff game?

I don't think so but it might depend on how they got in. If they limp into the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 and basically won the division because everyone else was lousy, maybe they'd be a home underdog.

But if they were to get in at 10-6 or 11-5 I think they'd be favored over Minnesota, Seattle or Carolina.

Of course injuries matter too.

Top Bottom