Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For a 0.500 team I can't think of a critical need like I could last year. (You're not going to find a QB in the mid/high 2nd round better than Dak, so don't even start...)

Every position seems at least decent except maybe TE and Swaim is ok.

What do you go after in the 2nd? TE? S? OT? DL?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
QB. The most important position on the field.

I still think better coaching and play-calling would help Prescott immensely.

He obviously has some flaws, but some of them could be fixed by someone better versed in coaching QB mechanics and definitely helped by implementing a better offensive system.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Obviously T Fred's situation plays a huge role here, if he is fine and can play at his usual level we're in good shape on OL, but if not then it's a potential major issue.

I remember a few blurbs from scouts saying C Williams could potentially be a C, I wonder if they'd think about moving him there if Fred had to retire.

Otherwise interior OL is a significant need in next years draft. RT could also be something they need to work on.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still think better coaching and play-calling would help Prescott immensely.

He obviously has some flaws, but some of them could be fixed by someone better versed in coaching QB mechanics and definitely helped by implementing a better offensive system.

So you're not buying all these stats about how epic Prescott has been dinking and dunking his way to his completion percentage, QBR and wins?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So you're not buying all these stats about how epic Prescott has been dinking and dunking his way to his completion percentage, QBR and wins?

Same way you bought it with Romo, and same as the typical NFL QB, truth be known. But with far fewer bonehead picks than the typical.

Dak just simply isn't anywhere near as stinky as you fervently wish he was.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
QB. The most important position on the field.
Yeah, I get it but remember it's middle/hi 2nd round. Your probably not going to find a franchise QB there. Maybe a capable backup with good potential to develop (which is not a bad idea) but I think you need to consider a 1st rd. pick for that.

It's a different mindset. You have to think in terms of what player is available in the 2nd round makes my team significantly better. I'm thinking you can get a hi quality TE in the 2nd. Or BPA, if that's your thing.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it but remember it's middle/hi 2nd round. Your probably not going to find a franchise QB there. Maybe a capable backup with good potential to develop (which is not a bad idea)
Not a bad idea if you have the COACHING for it. Waste of a pick when you don't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Your alternative is Cooper Rush.....
At current. But you're not thinking offseason. FA. Capable backups cheap there without wasting a #2 draft pick.

It makes NO sense at all to draft a QB in the mid to late 2nd round, especially when it has been demonstrated we can't develop a QB, and since this draft isn't exactly QB rich.

Top Bottom