Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On a side note happy thanksgiving to all you guys here. This is my favorite message board and you all are mainly the reason why

I honestly feel we have a win win this yr

Cowboys win, then hey, maybe the tiny amount of fandom that lies dormant within will be happy with a W on the holiday

If cowboys lose, another prime time loss to a division rival on garretts resume, hopefully inching him closer to the door

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Oh and lets add to this nugget that the first 17 years Landry coached they played a 14 game schedule, making it even more impressive.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is from Washington-Dallas, Thanksgiving Day 1990. This is one of my favorite Thanksgiving games ever, because it was kinda the game we officially announced "we've arrived". We had upset the Rams the previous week in LA and were 4-7, we'd then upset the heavily favored Redskins (who advanced to the divisional round in the playoffs later this yr) and win 2 more games in a row to get to 7-7 before Aikman got hurt early in the 15th game vs Philly. A win in either game would have got us in the playoffs but Babe Laufenberg was horrendous and we lost to Philly and Atl.

This was Emmitt's rookie yr and this Turkey Day game was his then career rushing day, getting 132 yds on 23 carries and 2 tds. Troy Aikman was in year two. Even as a rookie on a talent devoid team in 1989 the throwing talent amazed league personnel people and other NFL coaches, and you'll see a few gems in this game. You'll also see Aikman in the shotgun, something he reportedly hated and it was eliminated from the playbook the next yr when Norv Turner took over as OC. You wouldn't see anymore of the shotgun in Dallas with Aikman at QB I think until 1998 when Chan Gailey arrived.

Enjoy. This is an extended highlight clip video.

[video=youtube;ttHZ7I_r3p8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttHZ7I_r3p8[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys have played the Redskins on Turkey Day 8 times, and we're 7-1 vs them (only loss was 2012 to RGPee and Alfred Morris)

That was also the game Romo threw 62 passes. We ran the ball (with a RB) a grand total of 7 times. We got run off the field in the 1st half and were down by 25 pts at one time.

By the way that game was on 11/22 (The 1990 win was also on 11/22)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Also on this date in history (and he'll be in uniform for Washington today)

[video=youtube;rAp57G1hLn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0[/video]

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gallup is playing and hes gonna score a td today

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also on this date in history (and he'll be in uniform for Washington today)

[video=youtube;rAp57G1hLn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0[/video]

Speaking of sanchez, hes spent a lot of holidays in dallas

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
hard to believe, 44 Thanksgivings ago...I became a fan of the Cowboys. Staubach knocked out and along comes Clint Longley to rally the Boys over the redskins. 24-23...which is why I am predicting the same outcome today.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2e6a9b595a6a02fa7b5064c1ac472f9b.jpg

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think today is a day that both our offense and defense have to be aggressive.

I think trying to pound Zeke today will play right into the Redskins hands. Lets see some options, some no huddle, and 5 deep balls thrown. DEEP.

On defense, come with some blitzes and and stunts to confuse McCoy. Don't give him a chance to gain any confidence.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Normally I would find it odd/ interesting that Dak isnt shown in this Thanksgiving cartoon from the DC FB page but I'll guess knowing Jerry it is an attempt to boost the jersey sales of these players.DCTG.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What's the over under on receivers being blinded by end zone sunshine today?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak throws like a girl, so ...

Top Bottom