Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dan Bailey, 0 for 2 on field goals tonight for the Vikes. Score tied at 14, halftime. He just missed from 56 as time expired in 2nd quarter.

Seems like a good cut we made.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer during halftime: "We're going to have to go for it on 4th down when we're in scoring position. I'm not putting this game in the hands of a kicker."

Sounds ominous for Bailey.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dan Bailey, 0 for 2 on field goals tonight for the Vikes. Score tied at 14, halftime. He just missed from 56 as time expired in 2nd quarter.

Seems like a good cut we made.

Guy has become shakier than Yugo with 250k miles on it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer during halftime: "We're going to have to go for it on 4th down when we're in scoring position. I'm not putting this game in the hands of a kicker."
And what does he do? 4th and 15 from the GB 20?

He meekly trots out Bailey for the chip shot FG.

Kick was good. 17-14 Vikes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know, had to embellish to emphasize my point. That piece of shit made the Pinto and Vega look like Rolls Royces.

Your point was lost though, since almost any vehicle gonna have problems at 250k.

Keep it simple. ��

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo on SeeBS keeps preaching ball protection. Says it's everything. Says it's the whole game. "The ball the ball the ball."

When did he discover this very basic tenent of the game?

When he no longer had to try to win with an idiot owner and coach

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When he no longer had to try to win with an idiot owner and coach

LOL

Throwing 3 pick sixes after you have a 20 point lead is "trying to win."

He never had any respect for the ball or for the game. Winning was secondary to "having fun out there."

Now he's preaching protect the ball.

He's got the perfect job for him now, doesn't "have to win" ever, and is guaranteed to go to the SB every 4 years

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
People are desperate. They've had enuff of Garrett and Linehan.

I get that, and I have to admit I don't know much about Kingsbury.

That said, just because someone has an "explosive" offense in a college conference that plays absolutely NO defense, doesn't equate to NFL success.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo on SeeBS keeps preaching ball protection. Says it's everything. Says it's the whole game. "The ball the ball the ball."

When did he discover this very basic tenent of the game?

Maybe after he quit and actually went back and watched tapes of his own games.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wish a former cowboy would do something like this to garrett

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dallas defense on 1st down:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reading between the lines, but starting to sound like we might have a real problem with Tyron Smith's health.

Almost sounds like they know he aint playing Thursday and might be some long term concerns as well.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
dallas defense on 1st down:

I think they are DT and FS from being really good. I do expect NO to hang at least 30 on them this week. If It turns out less than 40 it wont be as bad as it looked particularly if the Cowboy offense cant move the ball.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Reading between the lines, but starting to sound like we might have a real problem with Tyron Smith's health.

Almost sounds like they know he aint playing Thursday and might be some long term concerns as well.

Ware was never the same player after similar issues. Lets hope Connor Williams is a competent NFL LT.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Saints have only scored under 30 twice all year. Week two vs Browns (21) and week six vs Ravens (24). They wont both those games.

The one encouraging thing for us is the Falcons held them to 31 and a few weeks earlier the Vikes held them to 30, and I think our defense is better than both of them. The downside to that is the Saints defense has vastly improved themselves during that same time frame and they've only given up a total of 38 points the past 3 games. (Bengals, Eagles, Falcons)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ware was never the same player after similar issues. Lets hope Connor Williams is a competent NFL LT.

Yep, very concerning.

If he doesn't play I hope its just because they are being cautious and know they have an extra few days off before our next game vs Philly.

Top Bottom