Howiewowie

Spectator
Reaction score
where Vander Esch has been doing Sean Lees job, man he is good. With Sean helping him on sidelines coaching Van showing him the tricks and leads has been great making him a performer.

"How Dem Boys"

Reaction score
where Vander Esch has been doing Sean Lees job, man he is good. With Sean helping him on sidelines coaching Van showing him the tricks and leads has been great making him a performer.

"How Dem Boys"

I'm saying LVE was the steal of the draft.

Also, welcome to DCU.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When was the last time they had a playmaker in the back 7? You can see the difference it makes to the whole defense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With Sean helping him on sidelines coaching Van showing him the tricks and leads has been great making him a performer.
He was a performer right out of the box. Day One of training camp. His natural abilities aren't something that can be taught. He's just a baller. No doubt though, learning NFL offenses and keys from Lee hasn't hurt him any but it isn't what "made him a performer."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When was the last time they had a playmaker in the back 7? You can see the difference it makes to the whole defense.

Sean Lee would definitely qualify for that, when he's healthy. Which hasn't been often enough.

But dude is definitely a playmaker.

LVE looks like a perennial probowler for years to come though.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i figured i would give this thread a bump

mosher is talking about a likely trade for dallas to jump up to draft derwin

round 1, pick 17 (derwin james)

vs.

round 1, pick 19 (LVE) + round 3, pick 81 (gallup)

(+ signing earl thomas 2019)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
LVE because, sure enough, Lee got hurt again and we weren't able to survive that in previous seasons. And Gallup would have an extra 150 yards on his ledger if his QB knew how to throw a damn ball.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Surely we cannot be stupid enough to even consider trading LVE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Surely we cannot be stupid enough to even consider trading LVE.

No he was showing that to say which would you rather have, The 1st and 3rd we ended up with, or having traded our 3rd as part of a deal to move up and get Derwin James. So we ended up with LVE and Gallup instead of just James.

His point was we came out better, and it certainly appears that way right now.

Reaction score
I have to give credit where it is due. The management has struck gold both in the draft which sparked the defense, and the Cooper trade which has sparked the offense.

It will be interesting to see how this team does the last two games which have historically not gone well for Dallas in the post Jimmy era.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Have to listen to the commentary

[video=youtube;D7D6jzDmFH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7D6jzDmFH0[/video]

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good stuff.

[video=youtube;jDC4wt1nOnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDC4wt1nOnA[/video]

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have to give credit where it is due. The management has struck gold both in the draft which sparked the defense, and the Cooper trade which has sparked the offense.

It will be interesting to see how this team does the last two games which have historically not gone well for Dallas in the post Jimmy era.

After the draft I thought Connor Williams was the best of the top 3 picks, right now he is running a distant 3rd, I still think he'll end up being useful but doubt it will be at guard. Cooper is a nice player but wont be a cheap player going forward, and its gonna suck in April not having a number one pick. Sad part is if we had the right coach I think this team could make a run because no team out there scares me, they just beat the scariest team the other night.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Honestly LVE almost seems to good to be true, I am holding my breath waiting for something to go wrong. After all this is the Cowboys, home of the unhappy ending for two and a half decades.

Reaction score
Honestly LVE almost seems to good to be true, I am holding my breath waiting for something to go wrong. After all this is the Cowboys, home of the unhappy ending for two and a half decades.

He's a generational talent. That does not guarantee any trophies even if he has a career similar to Lawrence Taylor, because of the other areas of the team, but I don't think anything short of catastrophic injury is going to slow this guy down.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's a generational talent. That does not guarantee any trophies even if he has a career similar to Lawrence Taylor, because of the other areas of the team, but I don't think anything short of catastrophic injury is going to slow this guy down.

Agreed and to this I'll add I have to give props to The Gimp too... Together Smith and LVE have a synergy, a chemistry. Much like LT had with Harry Carson, for years. And ya know what? Our unheralded SAM guy is pretty damn good too.

I couldn't be happier with our linebacker corps.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We went from a LB Corp that was a major disadvantage/problem spot on the roster to one of the best LB Corps in the league in one single year!

That’s pretty fucking amazing

Trouty

Reaction score

He doesn't seem to be real life, does he? Gonna be interesting to see how his snap count is effected with Lee coming back this week. Kid earned his spot as a starter, imo.

Still, I completely agree, it doesn't seem right. The talent is matching the hype. When they we're saying "Urlacher" in camp I rolled my eyes. I liked the pick, we needed to draft LB high after the beating we took at the position the prior season... plus, Jaylon's lackluster (at best) rookie season left a lot to be desired. Hitchens left. Now we're fucking deeep there. Jaylon is a monster.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope LVE is this good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom