dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Random stat nuggets:

1) Has anyone checked out Drew Brees' stat line this yr? After yesterday he is now completing almost 77% of his passes (76.9), has just under 9.0 yds per attempt and a ridiculous 25 tds vs 1 (yes, ONE) int. His QB rating is 126.9, if he maintains that he'll shatter the single season QB rating record.

2) Andrew Luck hasn't been sacked once in the last 5 games. On the other hand, only Eli Manning (36) has been sacked more than Dak Prescott (34).

3) It's baby steps, but the difference the Cooper trade and the OL coach change on Prescott's play is showing up. Prescott's 3 highest comp% games have come in these last 3 games (68.8, 72.2 and 67.7). For the season he is just under 65% now.

4) Zeke's within 35 yds of Todd Gurley now for NFL rushing lead, but Gurley and the Rams have not had their bye week yet. Zeke is also tied for the league lead in 20+ yd rush attempts (8)

5) Last 3 games Saints have scored, 45, 51 & 48 pts. Two other games they scored 43 pts each time. This means that in HALF their games, the Saints have scored at LEAST 43 pts.

6) Norv Turner might be old as the hills, but the guy is absolutely one of the best QB coaches/play callers in the history of football. Check out career inaccuracy master QB Cam Newton. His CAREER completion % was under 60% and only twice had he even eclipsed 60% in a season (both times barely). This year he's at 68.4% and is also hitting a carrer low for interception % and a near career high in TD to INT ratio.

7) There isn't much doubt the defense is improved for us, but some of the gushing is a little over the top IMO. We've given up almost 70% comp% for the season (69.8) and have only 4 interceptions and two fumbles recovered. Our yards per pass attempt allowed is also nothing to write home about, at 7.7. We are in the top-10 in yds per game allowed (8th at 331.1) but most importantly 3rd in pts allowed per game (19.0). We do rank 5th in yds per game rushing allowed (95). On the downside, we've only played 1 top-10 team in total offense (Atlanta yesterday) and 1 top -10 scoring offense (also Atlanta). We do face the Saints, Colts and Bucs in coming weeks though and all 3 of them are in top-10 in yds and pts scored. The really concerning thing though is Tennessee is one of the absolute worst offenseive teams in the league (far worse than us) and get LESS than 300 yds per game offensively (they rank 30th) and 28th in pts per game at 17.8, and our team absolutely shit the bed vs them, at HOME.

8) Offensively, we are dreadful. We rank 25th in the league in pts scored, just barely over 20 per game (20.3) We rank even worse in yds per game (27th with 327.0). The only thing we're good at is rushing the football where we are 4th at 133.3 per game.

When I look at numbers 7 & 8, it adds up to 2003 for me. Yep, the 2003 season in which the defense posted some decent numbers, but we were an awful team that got absolutely waxed in a couple games at the end of the season and then again in the playoffs. The schedule is also eerily similar. So far this yr we've played two teams with a winning record, and lost both (Houston and Washington). We've played 3 teams that are 5-5 and lost ALL THREE OF THOSE. So we're 0-5 against teams .500 or better, and 5-0 against the bad teams (Giants, Lions, Jaguars, Eagles and Falcons, none of whom are better than 4-6)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That trolling the nation thing is pretty good. One of the gems:

"The Falcons defense sits down when they pee"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone needs to post the summation of points 7&8 from above over at HomerZone. They're all over there talking about "the run" and "the turnaround"

Its eerily similar to 2003 when everyone got all up in arms over "DOMINANT DEFENSE!!!!!!". It only appeared "dominant" that yr because the schedule was so painfully bad and was almost completely devoid of any games vs top offenses (until right at the end of the yr, when they got roasted by Miami and Philly) and then got blown out in the playoffs.

10 games played. 5 vs losing teams, 5 vs "non-losing" teams. And we're 0-5 against "non-losing" teams. Last time I checked, its highly unlikely we'll see any of those in the postseason.

If Garrett and this staff weren't the coaches of this team I bet we'd be 8-2 or 9-1 right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers with Gallup and his family. Really an awful thing.

Jason Garrett says Michael Gallup's brother killed himself

12:40 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday that the team is supporting wide receiver Michael Gallup, whose brother has died by suicide.

"We just found out after the ballgame that his brother had committed suicide and just wanted to leave it at that," Garrett told 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Monday. "Obviously a very personal matter. We're all behind Michael and supporting him and his family, and this is a very challenging time for him. We'll take it moment by moment, day by day and give him all of our love and all of our support."

The mood was muted in the Dallas Cowboys' locker room following their 22-19 win against the Atlanta Falcons when word of the passing of one of Gallup's family members filtered through the locker room.

Gallup was spotted in a side room inside the Cowboys' locker room after the game being consoled by wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal. He remained in Atlanta on Sunday.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said after the game said "we've had a tragedy," but not to a player or member of the organization but a family member. He did not disclose any more information.

Gallup grew up in Monroe, Georgia, not far from Atlanta, and Sunday's game was a homecoming of sorts. He finished the game with one catch, a 10-yarder on third down on the Cowboys' game-winning drive.

Gallup was among a family of eight children with six adopted, including himself.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one was "goosing" anything like that. Everyone knows the megalomaniac would never voluntarily sell. The "goosing" was if he were FORCED by the league, to sell.

Reading is key.

Not sure why my auto correct changed hoping to goosing

But there ya have it

I corrected the OP

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not sure why my auto correct changed hoping to goosing

But there ya have it

I corrected the OP

Well. I'm still goosing for Jerry to be forced by the league to sell. If that's okay with you.

But my first preference is to have him eat a big bag of puss infested, AIDS-infected dicks, and die a slow horrible suffering death.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But my first preference is to have him eat a big bag of puss infested, AIDS-infected dicks, and die a slow horrible suffering death.

As many bad traits as Jerry has, I don't think playing for the other team/switch hitting is one of them.

You'll need to come up with a new scenario.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As many bad traits as Jerry has, I don't think playing for the other team/switch hitting is one of them.

You'll need to come up with a new scenario.

I didn't say he would voluntarily eat the big bag of dicks.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
i finally saw the video of the game winning kick. plenty of distance but barely got it inside the upright. this guy has cost us a chance at overtime, i believe missed a reasonably easy FG against philly, botched an extra point yesterday....

i dont have the answer as to what to do...but i am going on record now he is going to be a clear cut difference between a W and an L before the season is over. He is not a long term answer. 45 yds and under FGs in good weather need to be drilled dead center.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rams look determined to hang a fortyburger on KC. Scandrick and Hitchens on that Chiefs defense lol

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Swaim out with a broken wrist. A weak position gets even weaker. :neutral:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Scandrick gives up second TD to the Rams. Witten says they're targeting him after watching film. Imagine that... Legion of Boobs member giving up touchdowns.

Top Bottom