Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
so today was a radio day for me...and I havent went looking for a replay of the game winning kick. Somebody texted me and said if the kick was from 47, he woulda missed it....true? lie?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Back in the day where there was real NFL coverage by skeptical, ethical, objective networks. NFL Today and Monday Night Football commentary was always stellar. Dandy Don and Howard? Will never be touched in the booth.

Before my time, but thanks to YouTube I get to enjoy listening to these guys whenever I watch an old game. Madden and Summerall are more my era and have to be my favorites though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
so today was a radio day for me...and I havent went looking for a replay of the game winning kick. Somebody texted me and said if the kick was from 47, he woulda missed it....true? lie?

Nah he made it comfortably. Looked like a shank at first but then it straightened out and went right thru with plenty of room to spare.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Before my time, but thanks to YouTube I get to enjoy listening to these guys whenever I watch an old game. Madden and Summerall are more my era and have to be my favorites though.

before summerall and madden...it was summerall and tom brookshier. they were my faves. Did all the big NFC games on CBS.....Brookshier came out with this one day and I think it sealed his fate:

Brookshier, working the Philadelphia-St. Louis football game Sunday, reacted to a graphic on Saturday's Louisville-North Caroline State game as follows:

'Denny Crum always has a great team at Louisville .. They have a collective I.Q. of about 40 but they can play basketball.'

'Don't say things like that,' said Analyst Charlie Waters.

'It's the truth,' Brookshier said.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hard to justify those stats as if there is no partiality shown. How can it be that the Cowboys are always at such a disadvantage with calls for so long?

Yeah most efficient "conspiracy" ever, nobody rats it out for 15 years running!

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hard to justify those stats as if there is no partiality shown. How can it be that the Cowboys are always at such a disadvantage with calls for so long?

We know the Cowboys are the most hated team in the NFL. It most probably is due to bias, but that is unlikely to ever change, and you just have to get on with it and overcome it. Blow the other team away and make the refs a non-factor.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
before summerall and madden...it was summerall and tom brookshier. they were my faves. Did all the big NFC games on CBS.....Brookshier came out with this one day and I think it sealed his fate:

Brookshier, working the Philadelphia-St. Louis football game Sunday, reacted to a graphic on Saturday's Louisville-North Caroline State game as follows:

'Denny Crum always has a great team at Louisville .. They have a collective I.Q. of about 40 but they can play basketball.'

'Don't say things like that,' said Analyst Charlie Waters.

'It's the truth,' Brookshier said.

Brookshier with three very memorable interviews with Cowboys players.

Tom: Duane Thomas, are you really as fast as you look?

Thomas: Evidently.

Tom: Roger, how does it feel ti finally be world champion?

Staubach: I'm just happy to finally have a successful season in Dallas.

Tom: Don, what do you say to people who say you brag a bit much?

Meredith: It ain't bragging if you can DO it.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It’s sad when the only thing you have left to root for as a Cowboy fan is the demise of Garrett

It’s not the only thing but it’s definitely at the top of the list.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No doubt they'll do the same to the Cowboys, but please, please, please let the Saints hang 50 on the Eagles.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Here is some ugly shit right here. Gotta put Collins back inside. Martin just couldnt help because it was too late but he tried. A turn style would have been more effective.

Su’a-Filo is actually playing pretty well. Right now they’re kind of stuck with Collins at RT. Maybe they draft a RT and have Collins/Looney/Su’a-Filo battle it out in camp for LG. Connor Williams needs to be given a shot at RT.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No doubt they'll do the same to the Cowboys, but please, please, please let the Saints hang 50 on the Eagles.

I want the fortyburger immediately though, then get 14 more feeding them 4th quarter buckwheats with the run game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Su’a-Filo is actually playing pretty well. Right now they’re kind of stuck with Collins at RT. Maybe they draft a RT and have Collins/Looney/Su’a-Filo battle it out in camp for LG. Connor Williams needs to be given a shot at RT.

Williams needs to put on about 25 lbs of bulk before then. Like his quickness and his technique, but needs to bulk up no matter where he lines up.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Williams needs to put on about 25 lbs of bulk before then. Like his quickness and his technique, but needs to bulk up no matter where he lines up.

I agree. With his athleticism and an extra 25 pounds he should be a perfect fit at RT though.

mbalar

Spectator
Reaction score
Washington Redskins back up quarterback

Cowboys will face Colt McCoy on Thanksgiving day- will be easier than Alex Smith---the knock on McCoy is that he has small hands---Looks like the cowboys will win-even if Dexter Manley come through the door

Top Bottom