dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
different kind of exciting I suppose

I miss those epic defensive battles the Ravens & Steelers had when they both had amazing defenses with players like Palimollyollyoxenfree, Ray Lewis, etc.

Seems like the final score in those games were aways around 10-7, 13-10 but the were awesome imo

Its beyond ridiculous now. The league is garbage.

It's also why I only watch the Cowboys. I used to watch as much NFL as I could, now I couldn't give two shits less.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
One of the worst games in the history of the NFL. Looked like a Big 12 game.

"All star" official crew (unprecedented move according to those who cover the NFL) produced a game with 20+ penalties for nearly 200 yds.

Over 1000 yards of offense by two teams that weren't even remotely interested in playing defense. Teams combined for almost 100 pass attempts with only 41 rush attempts (and 10 of those were by the QB's)

QB's combined for 7 turnovers, 4 by fumbles.

Horrendous. Goodell is such a fucking asswipe. he's 100% ruined this league.

By the way, I bet neither of these teams sniffs the Super Bowl this year.

14 touchdowns in the game. The Buffalo Bills have 13 total for the season.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There was nothing exciting about that game last night. It was pure garbage football.

Looked just like the garbage football the Big 12 plays.

To us old farts maybe, but we're not the demographic the NFL gives any fucks about

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Swaim out indefinitely with broken wrist that he had to have surgery on (probably done for yr)

Sounds like Gallup may miss Thursday's game as well (understandably)

Apparently they don't know yet if Woods or Taco will play.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
and less than 1 hr later charean backpedals

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. It ain't hard to block Crawford, Collins, and Taco without holding. And Irving is always suspended or injured. That said, Lawrence not drawing a penalty is bewildering.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. It ain't hard to block Crawford, Collins, and Taco without holding. And Irving is always suspended or injured. That said, Lawrence not drawing a penalty is bewildering.

Crawford and Collins are both pretty fair interior pass rushers.

Hell Philly even felt compelled to choke hold Damian Wilson and that was ignored too. Not exactly Lawrence Taylor there BB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For us to beat the Saints, Rams or Chiefs we'd pretty much have to mimic how the Giants beat San Fran and Buffalo in 1990.

Play solid defense, try to keep the other team to FG's instead of TD's and really shorten the game by dominating time of possession and of course avoiding turnovers ourselves.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
For us to beat the Saints, Rams or Chiefs we'd pretty much have to mimic how the Giants beat San Fran and Buffalo in 1990.
Just beat the man across from you. Its all about execution. :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom