Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There's my fortyburger. But we might have a double fortyburger the way this game is going. 46-30 Rams right now after their THIRD defensive TD.

EDIT: That play was reversed on review. Still 40-30 Rams.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Double-fortyburger accomplished. KC with a strip sack TD after they hit a 73 yard bomb... Within 3 minutes of game clock, 21 points scored. It's 44-40 KC in a fantasy league and video game dream if a game. And of course, the ESPN crew gushing about what a "great game" it is...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Rams come right back immediately... Caint nobody stop nuthin... 47-44 Rams. 9:39 left.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Easy pick dropped by Scandrick. Where have we seen that? Would have ended the game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My buddy who defends everything Cowboys (he actually gave up this year and finally joined my jeri hating party) just tried to argue with me that this game was a defensive battle

Am I crazy to think his comment is absurd?

LOL

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Mahomes does his best Romo impersonation. Offers up THE pick you can't recover from at the worst possible time...

This fucking game is OVER.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My buddy who defends everything Cowboys (he actually gave up this year and finally joined my jeri hating party) just tried to argue with me that this game was a defensive battle

Am I crazy to think his comment is absurd?

LOL

LOL

Is he trolling you?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Mahomes does his best Romo impersonation. Offers up THE pick you can't recover from at the worst possible time...

This fucking game is OVER.

Unbelievably LA gives em the ball back with a minute left and a timeout... And Mahomes delivers ANOTHER Romo!

54-51 Rams. Final.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
NO!

LOL

He gets stubborn as shit about stuff and I just roll my eyes and let him run with it

Well.

There once was a clique of guys who used to post here who made fun of me posting stuff like "pick six," "strip sack" and calling the helmet a hat. They didn't know what any of those terms were. I learned you can take the football IQ of most guys and add it up and you get a typical baseball score. I took to trolling them hard, until they all left. Meanwhile I was right about Romo, right about Dez, which they still all martyr as innocent victims of Ginger.

So, that's why I was asking if he was trolling you. Clearly he would fit in very well with that clique. They probably think this was a "defensive chess match" and no doubt are also gushing about what a "great game" it was.

It was shit.

Tell me something - at the end when the score was 54-51 Rams and KC had the ball with a minute left, was it any more thrilling there, than if the score was 24-21? Or even 7-3?

Reaction score
Mahomes is the only guy I know to throw 6 TD passes in a game and still choke. This was definitely Romoesque vs Denver in playing lights out, but shitting the bed when it counted most.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tell me something - at the end when the score was 54-51 Rams and KC had the ball with a minute left, was it any more thrilling there, than if the score was 24-21? Or even 7-3?

different kind of exciting I suppose

I miss those epic defensive battles the Ravens & Steelers had when they both had amazing defenses with players like Palimollyollyoxenfree, Ray Lewis, etc.

Seems like the final score in those games were aways around 10-7, 13-10 but the were awesome imo

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
different kind of exciting I suppose
No man. In that moment, it's exactly the same. 3 point game, 1 minute left and a timeout, your team has the ball. Or the opposite, the other team has the ball.

Same excitement, exact same drama. Only difference possibly being, the numbers of TV audiences who stuck around for the finish if the score was low.

Used to be, we'd all stick around. Today they lose numbers quick if it's not like a NBA game.

To me it is MORE thrilling and MORE drama if inside we're saying "can they do what they haven't been able to do all day" than if we're saying "here we go, they'll do it again."

mbalar

Spectator
Reaction score
Cowboys favored by 7.5 points over Washington

Cowboys favored by 7.5 points over Washington redskins on thanksgiving day by Vegas
Favorite Spread Underdog Total
11/22 4:30 ET At Dallas -7.5 Washington 40.5

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Unbelievably LA gives em the ball back with a minute left and a timeout... And Mahomes delivers ANOTHER Romo!

54-51 Rams. Final.

One of the worst games in the history of the NFL. Looked like a Big 12 game.

"All star" official crew (unprecedented move according to those who cover the NFL) produced a game with 20+ penalties for nearly 200 yds.

Over 1000 yards of offense by two teams that weren't even remotely interested in playing defense. Teams combined for almost 100 pass attempts with only 41 rush attempts (and 10 of those were by the QB's)

QB's combined for 7 turnovers, 4 by fumbles.

Horrendous. Goodell is such a fucking asswipe. he's 100% ruined this league.

By the way, I bet neither of these teams sniffs the Super Bowl this year.

Top Bottom