MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eagles are D O N E

They ran their pie-holes about "we made Dallas quit" last year

Looks like we made them quit this year. Totally mailed it in today. They might lose out at this point.

They’re not quite done yet. They still have 4 division games left and are quite capable of getting back in the “race” for the division lead.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't call a two game winning streak "rolling"

They should beat Washington to get to 6-5, but then we have the Saints a week later and I really don't see how we can beat them. The Colts game at Indy is definitely no gimmee and the Giants have played much better the last two games.

I’ll say it again, 8-8

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Bears frikkin ran a play from the split T formation. I shit you not. Play was 27 lead toss and that was our offense back in 1976, 77 and 78.

Good gain wiped out by a holding penalty though.

Split T was invented in the 40s at Missouri. Relies heavily on discipline, execution and backfield speed. It's much like the later wing T that Navy runs today.

I'd love to see an NFL game where one of the teams runs split T or wing T all game long.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Look how much better this OL looks under Colombo and Houck. If fucktard Clapper had hired Colombo to begin with we might have another couple of wins right now.

Sua-Filo should continue at LG whether Williams is 100% or not, but I definitely would start preparing CW to play RT. I've been saying all year Lael Collins is the worst OL starter.

Zeke Elliott is 100% beasting right now. Dude is carrying the team.

Looney should be given the the chance to start at LG next season. If Su’a-Filo or Collins can beat him out then fine but Looney has earned the right to be given the chance to continue to start. Connor Williams should absolutely be looked at RT. Needs to put on some weight though.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I’ll say it again, 8-8

Did you miss the prediction thread where 8-8 was pretty much the consensus? It's no sage prediction... And nobody's contesting it. Although I myself had them going 7-9.

8-8 is pretty much our average finish for the last 22 years, in case you're just tuning in.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Did you miss the prediction thread where 8-8 was pretty much the consensus? It's no sage prediction... And nobody's contesting it. Although I myself had them going 7-9.

8-8 is pretty much our average finish for the last 22 years, in case you're just tuning in.

I was speaking to dbair specifically who said I was on drugs for thinking they would get anywhere near 8-8.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I was speaking to dbair specifically who said I was on drugs for thinking they would get anywhere near 8-8.

LOL

If I'm not too much mistaken, I think he gave us something like a 12-4 in the prediction thread!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bears just ran the statue of liberty play! 10 points to the guy who describes that without googling.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
LOL

If I'm not too much mistaken, I think he gave us something like a 12-4 in the prediction thread!

When he told me that I think he was actually predicting 2 wins. I think it was after the Seahawks loss.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Trubisky looks a lot like Romo. IF Romo ever got his pubes and could grow a beard and stache.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Bears just ran the statue of liberty play! 10 points to the guy who describes that without googling.

we ran that all the time playing yard ball, the QB drops back for a pass, acts like he's throwing but holds the ball over and behind his head while another player runs behind the QB and grabs the ball and sprints down field, funny how well it worked in retrospect

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we ran that all the time playing yard ball, the QB drops back for a pass, acts like he's throwing but holds the ball over and behind his head while another player runs behind the QB and grabs the ball and sprints down field, funny how well it worked in retrospect

Yeah when we ran it the qb had the empty hand when he threw while the rb was taking it out of his other, lowered hand.

But the REAL way to run it is as the back sweeps behind the qb, he pitches it back to him as part of the throwing motion, then follows through on the fake pass with the empty hand.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Vikings offensive line is absolutely putrid. It's impossible to do anything when there's 3 or more Bears in the backfield the instant the ball is snapped...

Reaction score
Yeah when we ran it the qb had the empty hand when he threw while the rb was taking it out of his other, lowered hand.

But the REAL way to run it is as the back sweeps behind the qb, he pitches it back to him as part of the throwing motion, then follows through on the fake pass with the empty hand.

Yeah, but did you run the Swinging Gate? How about the more than 1000 plays George Halas designed from the T Formation?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Bears frikkin ran a play from the split T formation. I shit you not. Play was 27 lead toss and that was our offense back in 1976, 77 and 78.

Good gain wiped out by a holding penalty though.

Split T was invented in the 40s at Missouri. Relies heavily on discipline, execution and backfield speed. It's much like the later wing T that Navy runs today.

I'd love to see an NFL game where one of the teams runs split T or wing T all game long.

We need a clip of the play!

Top Bottom