Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The news is saying that Garrett might have saved his job with the win over PHI last night

Well shit, I’ll take a horrible loss and exit of Garrett over a win in each of the last 7 games

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The news is saying that Garrett might have saved his job with the win over PHI last night

Well shit, I’ll take a horrible loss and exit of Garrett over a win in each of the last 7 games

Nothing that some typical Garrett-esque fall flat-on-their-faces type performances wont cure.

I'm sure they'll make a big deal out of last nights win (bigger than they should) but the fact is the Eagles are not all that good this year.

Wont surprise me in the least if we get smoked by Atlanta Sunday.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Did anybody notice the stat last night about our Defense allowing 11 of 14 3rd down conversions against Tenn? They said that is allowing 74% and the highest percentage in a game since the 1970 Merger. Another stat that only Garret could get. Worst in 48 years,

How many remarkably bad stats does Garrett hold? He's in a class by himself.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i hope the falcons slap the shit out of the cowboys and put garrett back on the hot seat

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Could definitely happen. Atlanta destroyed Washington two weeks ago and their passing game could definitely eat us alive. They wont get called for holding calls no matter how extreme, so Ryan wont be touched the entire game.

That said, last yr when we played them we didn't have Zeke and had Chaz Green at LT, and Sean Lee got hurt (again) in the 1st tr and didn't come back. The Falcons do have a ton of defensive injuries, so the game could end up being a shootout.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
deon jones is back for ATL too

dak had a rushing td in the 2017 game, 7 yds per carry and that is not a big deal since he was running for his life all day (sacked 8 times, 6 of them by hall-of-famer adrian clayborn)

this is a winnable game for the cowboys but im hoping they fall flat on their faces

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
jesus christ at least we aint buffalo

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Some retro Cowboys @ Falcons moments to enjoy;

1980 NFC DIV PO Dallas@Atlanta Drew Pearson game winning 23yd TD pass from Danny White - YouTube

1989 Dallas@Atlanta Aikman's 1st NFL TD pass 65yds to Irvin - YouTube

1992 Dallas@Atlanta Emmitt Smith 29yd TD run on MNF - YouTube

I think my favorite bit of these videos is Charlie Waters channeling his inner Romo by muffing the place hold and then trying to complete a pass to Too Tall. Fortunately it didn't matter.

I was at the 89 and 92 games. The 89 game was the first time I ever saw the Cowboys live.

The 1992 game on Monday Night Football was just spectacular. The stadium was loaded with Dallas fans and was electric to see the clinching of our first division title since 1985.

Reaction score
That run by Emmitt is the greatest single run I've ever seen regardless of yards. To get swallowed up in the middle of a six man gang tackle, and somehow emerge, then turn on the jets and explode past even Deion Sanders for the TD is better than any single run I ever saw from any other running back. I resent Al Michaels' "channeling his inner Barry Sanders" comment, because Sanders couldn't hold Emmitt's jock.

That run also destroys the myth that Emmitt wasn't fast.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That run by Emmitt is the greatest single run I've ever seen regardless of yards. To get swallowed up in the middle of a six man gang tackle, and somehow emerge, then turn on the jets and explode past even Deion Sanders for the TD is better than any single run I ever saw from any other running back. I resent Al Michaels' "channeling his inner Barry Sanders" comment, because Sanders couldn't hold Emmitt's jock.

That run also destroys the myth that Emmitt wasn't fast.

I don't care how fast he was or wasn't, he always had a ton of long runs (especially from 1991-1995, the only RB that had more long runs during that time was Sanders)

Top Bottom