we'll see about that

9fd702d5ebbad2161609ce2883ebd9f874f6b52da44d2c91567d9600f47549d2.jpg

LOL
I’m your number one fan Paul

I call it “operation hobble”

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Long time no See amigo, where have you been hiding?

got any good gossip for us?

Haha. Man, having a newborn eats up all my time. I actually enjoy yard work now because it is "me" time. By this time next year i will be wearing jorts and white nikes with grass stains. Lmao.

No gossip, but fwiw, my boy says for sure 100% this is garretts last season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Man we are dangerously thin at DL right now. Woods has been pretty decent this year and Ross has really come on the past few games, especially as a pass rusher.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Haha. Man, having a newborn eats up all my time. I actually enjoy yard work now because it is "me" time. By this time next year i will be wearing jorts and white nikes with grass stains. Lmao.

Hallelujah Jesus! Thank you Rynie!

I can remain a Cowboy fan. You just made my day brutha. I know I shouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch. But everything else you have ever leaked has come true!!!!!

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Campo is still available right?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
(Before the broadcast)

Jerry: Do I look drunk?
Asst.: It's the radio sir, no one can see you.
Jerry: Do I sound drunk?
Asst: You sound normal, sir.
Jerry: Cause I'm so fucking drunk. Wait I sound normal?
Asst: Yes.
Jerry: Are you drunk?
Asst: As fuck, sir.
Jerry: Yeehaw, Let's talk some shit.
Producer: Plays interview with Jerry's stand in.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

good to hear from you amigo, glad to hear life is good, don't forget to wear dress shoes while you mow for that extra special touch.

the Garrett firing is gonna make a lot of people happy, does your guy ever plan to leave the Cowboys?

Reaction score
I do not see Dallas winning this game. Something like 24-16 Atlanta is my guess.

The NFL itself has become so chaotic that even Dallas could win or lose to anybody. Back in either the 70s era or the 90s era there were only a few teams that you even had to worry about. The rest the Cowboys from either era would spank most of the time with rare exceptions. These days they could get whipped by the 49ers one week, and then spank New England out of nowhere. It's why I have such a poor record predicting game winners the last few years. It was much easier to get 60% correct or better back in previous, less chaotic times.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
this was written by a reporter that covers the Falcons. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but if there is- then shame on Linehan and Garrett

The Cowboys have some real tendencies and cues as to when they are going to run the ball. The Falcons defense needs to have studied that all week and trust their keys to the running game. If wide receiver Noah Brown is in the game and motions inside behind the tight end, it’s 95% a run is coming. Atlanta has to know those and be ready.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Cowboys have some real tendencies and cues as to when they are going to run the ball.
All the multiple "packages and sub packages" do is tip off the defense and take our most dangerous guys off the field, both in the running AND in the passing game. DCs have known this for years. We've all noted it, cussed and discussed it here, for years. It's Garrett thinking he's the smart guy in the room when all he's really doing is telegraphing, and taking playmakers like Zeke and now Cooper, off the field - AND keeping his third year quarterback rattled, having to remember all the personnel groupings, what audibles he can or can't call with the group that's out there, and so on. Ginger hamstrings his own offense with all this esoteric shit instead of just fucking keeping it simple.

There's NEVER any time you need to have Zeke on the sideline, and I'll go there too for Cooper. If you're in 3rd and 25? Put Zeke out wide or in the slot if you don't want him in the backfield for pass protection. He's as good out wide as most of the wideouts we have.
Not sure if there is any truth to this
Then you're not really paying any attention to detail when you're watching the games. This fucking shit has been going on for YEARS. We bitch about it happening in real time, in the gameday threads even. How can you be a reader here and not know this shit?

REPORTERS are picking up on it? Not surprising since it's blatant and obvious as the brown noses on their faces.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No, I know it happens. I was speaking specifically of the Noah Brown comment, which is why I put it in bold. I didnt think he has been on the field enough for anyone to gather much data and then break out tendencies from it.

Leave Noah Brown on the bench. I want Cooper, Gallup and Beasley nearly every snap. No subbing.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No, I know it happens. I was speaking specifically of the Noah Brown comment, which is why I put it in bold. I didnt think he has been on the field enough for anyone to gather much data and then break out tendencies from it.
The data is easy to come by when teams have entire departments dedicated to scouting tendencies. That reporter was probably just repeating what he was told.

Leave Noah Brown on the bench. I want Cooper, Gallup and Beasley nearly every snap. No subbing.
My main gripe is we don't seem to have enough imagination to get a guy like Brown in a game unless he's part if a whole "package" substitution that requires sitting one or more established playmakers. I don't mind a kid getting some snaps but not at the cost of telegraphing what we're doing.

On the Brown thing you have to wonder, is he just in there to block on certain running plays where we've noticed he's good on? If so that's a silly reason, you have a fundemental design flaw with a play when you have to bring in a key blocker for it via substitution.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
this was written by a reporter that covers the Falcons. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but if there is- then shame on Linehan and Garrett

The Cowboys have some real tendencies and cues as to when they are going to run the ball. The Falcons defense needs to have studied that all week and trust their keys to the running game. If wide receiver Noah Brown is in the game and motions inside behind the tight end, it’s 95% a run is coming. Atlanta has to know those and be ready.
If Noah Brown is IN THE GAME it's a running play, period.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Noah Brown is IN THE GAME it's a running play, period.

That was normally true, but last week the play Prescott got clobbered on to start the half (IIRC) Brown motioned inside and across, and Prescott was going to throw to him on the play-action.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That was normally true, but last week the play Prescott got clobbered on to start the half (IIRC) Brown motioned inside and across, and Prescott was going to throw to him on the play-action.

RICO disappeared completely, notice?

Top Bottom