bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1990s%20cowboys

By Mac Engel
November 07, 2018 07:00 AM

Michael Irvin is the loudest, Emmitt Smith will say a careful thing or two, and Troy Aikman is the best.

Of the Triplets that made the Dallas Cowboys of the ‘90s, and now are on the tele, only one offers the unvarnished truth about their former team without fear of what anyone associated with the Dallas Cowboys thinks.

That’s not a coincidence: Irvin and Emmitt were both presented into the Pro Football Hall of Fame by Jerry Jones. Aikman was presented into the Hall of Fame by his former offensive coordinator, Norv Turner.

Neither Irvin nor Emmitt knock Jerry publicly, but Troy is a different beast.

This is a man who is over 50, comfortable in his own wealth and opinions, and his feelings for Jerry Jones as a person, and how he runs the Dallas Cowboys.

Those are separate feelings, and can co-exist peacefully.

On Tuesday morning following the Cowboys’ 28-14 home loss to the Titans, Aikman made his weekly appearance on 1310 The Ticket in DFW and crushed Jerry in a way us sports hacks, and commentators, have for years.

Aikman told The Ticket: “Go through the list and this team, over a long period of time, has been what it’s been. It hasn’t always mattered who the head coach has been. So to me, if you’re asking me, I’d say there has to be a complete overhaul of the entire organization. You can’t just can’t simply replace head coaches and say, ‘Now it’s going to be better.’ No, it’s been shown that it’s not better. And you have to address how everything is being done.”

Aikman tried to offer a disclaimer to his commentary, stating he has not been with the team since 2000, so he doesn’t know. Then he also said, “But I talk to people. I talk to people who have been inside the building and have a pretty good understanding of how things are run, and in a lot of ways there’s a lot of dysfunction. And that has to change if this team is going to be able to compete on a consistent basis like the teams you look to around the league that seemingly are in the hunt each and every year.”

Aikman does not believe Jerry is going to make a coaching change in the middle of the season. He also thinks Jerry, after every season, routinely does something to offer fans hope.

“There’s been times where I’ve heard Jerry say, ‘OK, look, we’re going to do it differently. I’m going to do it differently.’ But it’s the same. Nothing changes,” Aikman told The Ticket. “And that to me is the bigger issue, beyond, ‘Yes, coaching’s important, personnel,’ all those things are important, but how are you going about evaluating? How are you going about running the organization?”

Give Aikman credit for doing what an analyst should do and that is to offer his opinion. It doesn’t mean he’s right, but it does mean Aikman does his job well.

He did not, nor does he allow, any perceived personal bias towards his former team and employer to cloud what he sees going on with the Cowboys.

Now, will Jerry listen to the quarterback who made those three Super Bowl trophies possible?

Go with “N-O” and start from there.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Irvin and Emmitt are pussies still sucking on Jerry's teat.

Reaction score
Better yet shut up and DO something. Like putting a partnership together and buying the fucking team!

Staubach could definitely be the money man on this. He's got the pull to bring in other investors, but even if he did come up with enough money would Jones sell? At this point, I think Jerry would refuse 10 billion for the team because he knows that a lot of fans want him to sell because he sucks. Sticking it to his critics no matter what the consequences seems to be Jerry's motis operandi.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Staubach could definitely be the money man on this. He's got the pull to bring in other investors, but even if he did come up with enough money would Jones sell? At this point, I think Jerry would refuse 10 billion for the team because he knows that a lot of fans want him to sell because he sucks. Sticking it to his critics no matter what the consequences seems to be Jerry's motis operandi.

Yeah I agree and harbor no illusions it could actually happen.

Lpayne1234

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree, with Troy Aikman, at end of season Jones needs to revamp, from head all the way down to water boys/girls. Then get some damn OLinemen

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
At this point, I think Jerry would refuse 10 billion for the team because he knows that a lot of fans want him to sell because he sucks. Sticking it to his critics no matter what the consequences seems to be Jerry's motis operand
Not on your life would he sell. Think back to when he took over and made the jocks to socks comment. I believe he then said something like if I make huge money in the oil business nobody cares but doing this I am relevent or something to that effect. Basically it means he knows the day he sells he is just another irrelevant billionaire, and that is way more than his ego could handle.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Better yet shut up and DO something. Like putting a partnership together and buying the fucking team!

The team is worth how many BILLION dollars now?

Nobody is buying this team from the Jones

Ever!

You don’t sell a perfectly good cash printing machine

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The team is worth how many BILLION dollars now?

Nobody is buying this team from the Jones

Ever!

You don’t sell a perfectly good cash printing machine

Not voluntarily, no. But the league can and does force owners to sell. We need only one more booze-fueled t&a groping photo session with another coupla pole dancer hoes and have at least one if them cry foul, in the current climate and now that Jerral has made some enemies among the other owners and in the Commish office.

Could happen, and apparently more likely than Jerral suddenly croaking or the team ever making the NFC Championship game on his watch.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not voluntarily, no. But the league can and does force owners to sell. We need only one more booze-fueled t&a groping photo session with another coupla pole dancer hoes and have at least one if them cry foul, in the current climate and now that Jerral has made some enemies among the other owners and in the Commish office.

Could happen, and apparently more likely than Jerral suddenly croaking or the team ever making the NFC Championship game on his watch.

The only problem with that scenario is that Jeruh has enough money to make any type of problem like that go away

With the kind of fuck you money he has he can afford any price tag any crack hoe might ask for to go away any be quiet

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only problem with that scenario is that Jeruh has enough money to make any type of problem like that go away

With the kind of fuck you money he has he can afford any price tag any crack hoe might ask for to go away any be quiet

They can take the money and still cry foul. Stormy Daniels ring a bell?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Love Mr Aikman and wish Jones would do the right thing and give him the keys to the castle here.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Love Mr Aikman and wish Jones would do the right thing and give him the keys to the castle here.

Would be awesome but its never gonna happen, nothing can overcome this mess:

40lZJN8.jpg

We have never been more screwed as fans. Jerry has no pressure to change, doesnt want to change and will never change in his lifetime

and in all likelihood, he's set the thing up for his family to continue running things the way he has. Even if Stephen, etc wanted to make a change after dear old daddies departure, they couldn't handle the questions criticizing their father if they were to immediately hire a GM after his demise

and can you imagine the uproar if a new GM were to win a Super Bowl in 3-5 years after jerry was 6 feet under?

We need catastrophic failure on the field, I'm talking 4-5 years of 3-4 wins per season before these buffoons will even begin to consider they might be the problem and even then gawd knows what kind of dumb shit they'd do to try to turn things around.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We have never been more screwed as fans. Jerry has no pressure to change, doesnt want to change and will never change in his lifetime
We're looking at what Raiders fans went through in Al Davis' last few years.

But at least Al wouldn't stick with shitty coaches.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They can take the money and still cry foul. Stormy Daniels ring a bell?

Trump was a cheap bastard and didn’t pay her enough to go away for good

That’s what he gets for always trying to get the best deal

You get what you pay for!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Trump was a cheap bastard and didn’t pay her enough to go away for good

That’s what he gets for always trying to get the best deal

You get what you pay for!

Didn't he pay her something like 140k?

Seems like an expensive booty call to me.

Top Bottom