Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is exactly why we need Garrett calling the plays

That way it leaves NO DOUBT in Jeruh’s mind who is to blame and that he needs to be fired

What we need is Garrett calling the plays while we get totally destroyed

After 8 years, Jones knows exactly what he has in Garrett. He doesn't need him to call plays to figure anything out. But Jerry has been getting away with mediocrity while the checks get cashed. He just can't get away with it anymore because he doesn't have a QB that could keep the team "relevant" for most of the season. The GM, HC, coaching staff in general and the QB have been woefully exposed.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
then you are welcome to move to seattle and become a SeaHawk fan until he is fired.

Jerry's too close to meeting his maker for anyone to make that jump. And the way Jerry drinks, who knows what young lady will come out of the woodwork. We can all hope.....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eagles

This seems obvious, which means they're gonna shock the world and save Garrett's job.

Unless half the Eagles team gets lost and doesn't make it to the stadium, there's no way in hell this happens.

This game is not going to be close. In fact I doubt any of the next 5 games (at Philly, at Atlanta, Washington on Turkey Day, Saints, Eagles) will be close.

That game vs Tennessee the other night had Q U I T written all over it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure what offense we run. I see people of the opinion that the Cowboys run a 90s offense because of Garrett's time with them, but I don't see anything that resembles the 90s offense. I don't see any of the formations that the Johnson era Cowboys used, specifically, use of the fullback in the running game.

I also don't see the mid to deep passes that the 90s team used to perfection such as the 10-12 yard sideline outward curl route that Irvin and Aikman could complete in their sleep.

I don't think there is a name yet for what Dallas runs these days. It's garbage, whatever it is, and I've never seen any other team at any level use it.

Dumbas Zoners post this garbage all the time "we suck because Garrett runs the Cowboys 90's offense"

These people don't have one fucking clue what they are looking at. There is absolutely NOTHING in common with the offensive style or system those 90's teams ran vs what we are doing today. The run system is completely different and the style of run plays they call don't even remotely resemble the 90's team. The passing game is EONS away from what they ran then. Our passing game today consists of "run to the tree and turn around"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve been out of town at an industry convention all weekend so I haven’t seen any sports news whatsoever

But I have this strange feeling the Cowboys are going to pull one out and save Garrett’s job

That shit always happens when he’s about to flame out

I know I should change my pick to the Cowboys this week, but I refuse to.

Why? Because fuck the Cowboys until Garrett is fired!

Dude, there is no chance the Cowboys win tonight.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For all the posts about what Prescott does or doesn't do well, his most damning flaw isn't his accuracy or lack of arm strength, it's the way he sees the field.

He either completely misses the reads or doesn't trust himself enough to believe what he sees, and he makes the same mistakes week after week. On the endzone int he forced to Cooper Mondy night two other Cowboys were wide open for easy TD's. On the strip sack play where we essentially ended the game, he had three guys that were open easily downfield and he refused to throw it to them. I'm not enough of a football expert to know if this is something good or excellent coaches could get him out of, but it seems to me that when you watch film sessions week after week and see the same glaring mistakes, a good coaching staff would correct it.

His throwing mechanics have also regressed badly since his rookie year, which is definitely 100% on the coaches.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For all the posts about what Prescott does or doesn't do well, his most damning flaw isn't his accuracy or lack of arm strength, it's the way he sees the field.

He either completely misses the reads or doesn't trust himself enough to believe what he sees, and he makes the same mistakes week after week. On the endzone int he forced to Cooper Mondy night two other Cowboys were wide open for easy TD's. On the strip sack play where we essentially ended the game, he had three guys that were open easily downfield and he refused to throw it to them. I'm not enough of a football expert to know if this is something good or excellent coaches could get him out of, but it seems to me that when you watch film sessions week after week and see the same glaring mistakes, a good coaching staff would correct it.

His throwing mechanics have also regressed badly since his rookie year, which is definitely 100% on the coaches.

I agree that coaching is to blame with some of his flaws and lack of development. But Dak is just bad. Putrid. Horrid. It's not all on the coaching or scheme. Dak is squarely to blame as well. His flaws are the same flaws he had coming out of college.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

From
@gmfb
Weekend: The #Cowboys seriously weighed moving on from OC Scott Linehan during the bye week and have an affinity for #OU coach Lincoln Riley if they move on from Jason Garrett... who
@MikeGarafolo
says may take back play-calling.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dan Patrick 100% spot on.

[video=youtube;Pvpi5uZcJ0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvpi5uZcJ0E[/video]

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Don’t worry

Helen Moore will fix him right up. He’s got this!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They'd be pretty stupid to consider Norv or Fox as HC. Del Rio would be pretty blah, but he would be an improvement over Red Plague.

Reaction score

It would be a complete waste of time to even consider any of those guys for the job besides maybe Payton. Go get the best fucking people on the planet to coach the most valuable franchise.

Editing to add that Riley would be a good candidate too, but my god, tired assed nothings like Del Rio and Turner, or some names of former players? Fuck, no.

"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sitting here playing cards with my brother's kids, or something."

[video=youtube;f7J6dRkJjOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6dRkJjOI[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom