icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rg3’s knee exploded...dont think he was all that figuted out. And i dunno if he had kyle shannahan as oc and mcvay as a positional coach (tight end) at the time still. But physically he was a diff player due to injury, not the league

I think you look at dak his rookie year and he was throwing bombs. Dallas was pretty good on 3rd down from what i recall. May not have abeen a lot of 1st down throws but dallas running game dominated and the offense was built around that w timely throws and back breaking qb sneaks

W the right coaching i firmly belive you can win w that plus a defense. 2016 would have been a deeper run if not for time on the clock for rodgers

Qbs who can throw can erase a lot of bullshit, but its not the only way

Coaching across the league is suffering w all the NFLPA practice rules and just a lack of inginuity and creativity

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Dak: Holds the ball too long. Feels pressure that isn't there. Couldn't throw a guy open if you held a gun to his head. Lately can't protect the ball.

Garrett/ Linehan: Call plays for a pocket passer who makes quick decisions and accurate throws, sometimes too a spot rather than where the receiver is at.

Opposition defenses that control the LOS and make the QB beat them will win. Keep Zeke bottled up, we're done.

RPO works as long as it's an occasional thing, not your entire offense. NFL defenses are far too fast and smart for it too work full time.
I haven't seen any evidence our coaching staff will make changes on the fly. Somehow they think our four plays, if done in the right order, will wreak havoc. They don't. Somehow they think Dak can make all the throws he needs to. He can't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak: Holds the ball too long.
Never used to
Feels pressure that isn't there.
Never used to
Couldn't throw a guy open if you held a gun to his head.
Usedtacould
Lately can't protect the ball.
Usedtacould
Garrett/ Linehan: Call plays for a pocket passer
No. Calls plays feeding right into the teeth of defenses. Run up the gut on 1st and 10 every time, until behind on the scoreboard. No draws on 3rd and short. No passes on 1st down. Entirely and utterly predictable.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you look at dak his rookie year and he was throwing bombs. Dallas was pretty good on 3rd down from what i recall. May not have abeen a lot of 1st down throws but dallas running game dominated and the offense was built around that w timely throws and back breaking qb sneaks

W the right coaching i firmly belive you can win w that plus a defense. 2016 would have been a deeper run if not for time on the clock for rodgers

(See the bolded)......No, you can't Cup. You need a QB that can pass because with the running game shut down due to teams game planning to stop Zeke, we won't be in 3rd and short consistently enough to make a difference. I mean, damn Cup, don't you see it? That philosophy is great if you have a solid QB. I'm just shocked that so many of you are so blind to the guy's deficiencies because they're so damn obvious. Every NFL team we play is telling us what they're going to do. Players and coaches have come out and said as much. What is it that other NFL coaches and players see that you and a few remaining others can't?

Lastly, you asked for names and I gave them to you. Teams were starting to figure RGIII out. Hit him hard and it was only a matter of time before he broke with his thinner frame. Dak is not the only one to have a good season and then take a dump. He has very little arm talent. Sorry, but that's the truth and no amount of coaching will change that.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
(See the bolded)......No, you can't Cup. You need a QB that can pass because with the running game shut down due to teams game planning to stop Zeke, we won't be in 3rd and short consistently enough to make a difference. I mean, damn Cup, don't you see it? That philosophy is great if you have a solid QB. I'm just shocked that so many of you are so blind to the guy's deficiencies because they're so damn obvious. Every NFL team we play is telling us what they're going to do. Players and coaches have come out and said as much. What is it that other NFL coaches and players see that you and a few remaining others can't?

Lastly, you asked for names and I gave them to you. Teams were starting to figure RGIII out. Hit him hard and it was only a matter of time before he broke with his thinner frame. Dak is not the only one to have a good season and then take a dump. He has very little arm talent. Sorry, but that's the truth and no amount of coaching will change that.

Just squint a little dodger and youll see it

Dak has regressed tremendously because of the idiots around him. The dak of 2018 is scared to stand in the pocket, too quick to abort, and he holds onto the ball too long, theres just so many things that are broken w this guy in yr 3 that did not appear in yr 1.

Maybe its wishful thinking but manning w a broken neck won a sb on defense, a running game and timely throws. Granted, he also knew every defense front to back but he did not have the passing ability he had in indy.

Shit the eagles won because foles channeled his inner marino and made some insane throws. But the playcalling was always aggressive, with movement presnap, and he even caught himself a td. Then the defense won the game w a much needed strip sack.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak has regressed tremendously because of the idiots around him.

Dak has regressed because the NFL has figured him out. It's really not that hard. He can't beat a D geared towards stopping the run and gives a passing QB every fucking advantage.

The dak of 2018 is scared to stand in the pocket, too quick to abort, and he holds onto the ball too long, theres just so many things that are broken w this guy in yr 3 that did not appear in yr 1.

Because DC's hadn't figured it out. What's even worse now is that Zeke isn't very useful either. Dak's inability to effectively pass is pretty much negating the value of a top 5 pick.

Maybe its wishful thinking but manning w a broken neck won a sb on defense, a running game and timely throws. Granted, he also knew every defense front to back but he did not have the passing ability he had in indy.

Shit the eagles won because foles channeled his inner marino and made some insane throws. But the playcalling was always aggressive, with movement presnap, and he even caught himself a td. Then the defense won the game w a much needed strip sack.

Are we really pinning our hopes on this? Really? I get it, you're not comparing Dak to these guys but rather the situation. So basically we need Dak to channel a once in a lifetime miracle or replicate the brain of one of the most cerebral QB's in the history of the game. And then ride that wave all the way to the SB.

Why not just try to upgrade the QB position. We can hope for the same thing with a QB who has a drop of arm talent and the odds would be just the same, if not greater.

Just squint a little dodger and youll see it

I want to close my eyes but I can't. It's like watching a train-wreck and I just can't seem to turn away. I'm done with Dak. I saw what he was last year and all this year did was just positively confirm what I already knew. QC had more arm talent than this guy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dak has regressed because the NFL has figured him out.
It doesn't take an entire season to "figure" out a QB. Certainly not two.
He can't beat a D geared towards stopping the run
No QB can when the playcaller obstinately keeps running straight into 8 man boxes, and on predictable down/yardage situations. Then forced to throw into a pass-ready set. You pretend teams didn't ever load the box in 2016 and for the first half of 2017, only to get beaten by Dak's arm. It happened and it happened a lot. Happened again this year vs. Jacksonville. You're also pretending loading up to stop the run and daring the QB to beat you with his arm doesn't happen to every team that has a strong RB. It's been a standard go-to for decades in this league.

What's changed is the QB room. And the playcalling is pure shit compared to 2016 and the first half of 2017. ADDED to the fact that Ginger has had ample time now to fill the young kid's head so full of useless stupid shit, that the kid can't function anymore.

You would rather believe there's no "arm talent" there even though it's displayed quite often. The kid HAS talent, all the physical tools are there. His problem is THE COACHING.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn dodge you wanna disect it all like that huh

Dak was doing things that were positive as a passing qb, which i thought included beating loaded boxes, playaction passing (do you remember how good his fakes were?), and testing db’s that were 1v1 w our receivers. No, i am not calling him a pocket passer, but you can do a lot w what dak can give you

I keep pointing to 2016 and essentially i consider my trumph card to be the cowboys coaching staff. We can at least agree that they have not done dak any favors. I feel every coaching staff in nfl history is better than this one

Im still curious to see dak in a dif (“better”) coaching environment. And maybe youve seen enough

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And again on the playaction passes of 2016

How many times did the cameraman even get fooled on daks fakes ??

He was very very very very good at it

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And again on the playaction passes of 2016

How many times did the cameraman even get fooled on daks fakes ??

He was very very very very good at it

Yep and it is among the plays they hardly ever call anymore. When is the last time you remember a real, actual, run-simulation play fake on 1st and 10? Or any time since the middle of 2017?

It went away right when Zeke went on his suspension, probably because our brainiac coaching staff thought it was pointless without Zeke, then seemingly it was forgotten about upon his return.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats right i want the goofiest offenss in the league

Nonstop deception to piss off the liberals

Reaction score
Yep and it is among the plays they hardly ever call anymore. When is the last time you remember a real, actual, run-simulation play fake on 1st and 10? Or any time since the middle of 2017?

It went away right when Zeke went on his suspension, probably because our brainiac coaching staff thought it was pointless without Zeke, then seemingly it was forgotten about upon his return.

To be honest, I'm not sure what offense we run. I see people of the opinion that the Cowboys run a 90s offense because of Garrett's time with them, but I don't see anything that resembles the 90s offense. I don't see any of the formations that the Johnson era Cowboys used, specifically, use of the fullback in the running game.

I also don't see the mid to deep passes that the 90s team used to perfection such as the 10-12 yard sideline outward curl route that Irvin and Aikman could complete in their sleep.

I don't think there is a name yet for what Dallas runs these days. It's garbage, whatever it is, and I've never seen any other team at any level use it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure what offense we run. I see people of the opinion that the Cowboys run a 90s offense because of Garrett's time with them, but I don't see anything that resembles the 90s offense. I don't see any of the formations that the Johnson era Cowboys used, specifically, use of the fullback in the running game.

I also don't see the mid to deep passes that the 90s team used to perfection such as the 10-12 yard sideline outward curl route that Irvin and Aikman could complete in their sleep.

I don't think there is a name yet for what Dallas runs these days. It's garbage, whatever it is, and I've never seen any other team at any level use it.

Garbage is exactly right. But if you want something at least close to that 90s ball control posession-type offense, look no further than what we had going in 2016.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Can I pray for the Eagles to blowout the Cowboys say 45-0........yes, yes I can!!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’ve been out of town at an industry convention all weekend so I haven’t seen any sports news whatsoever

But I have this strange feeling the Cowboys are going to pull one out and save Garrett’s job

That shit always happens when he’s about to flame out

I know I should change my pick to the Cowboys this week, but I refuse to.

Why? Because fuck the Cowboys until Garrett is fired!

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
But I have this strange feeling the Cowboys are going to pull one out and save Garrett’s job

That shit always happens when he’s about to flame out

I know I should change my pick to the Cowboys this week, but I refuse to.

Why? Because fuck the Cowboys until Garrett is fired!

then you are welcome to move to seattle and become a SeaHawk fan until he is fired. :D

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn dodge you wanna disect it all like that huh

Dak was doing things that were positive as a passing qb, which i thought included beating loaded boxes, playaction passing (do you remember how good his fakes were?), and testing db’s that were 1v1 w our receivers. No, i am not calling him a pocket passer, but you can do a lot w what dak can give you

I keep pointing to 2016 and essentially i consider my trumph card to be the cowboys coaching staff. We can at least agree that they have not done dak any favors. I feel every coaching staff in nfl history is better than this one

Im still curious to see dak in a dif (“better”) coaching environment. And maybe youve seen enough

You can point to one season and try to explain it but all you'll do is drive yourself crazy. The NFL is littered with one hit wonders at every position, including the QB position. Dak is hot garbage. The OL has been panned but it doesn't help when your QB can't see the field and holds the ball to long.

I don't need to experiment with a new coaching staff trying to make Dak an NFL QB. I didn't need to experiment with Drew Henson who I thought was going to be a quality QB but it was apparent after watching him in NFL Europe that he was done. Kap took the 9ers to the SB and who knows what happened to him but it did. Scott Mitchell, Elvis Grbac and Charlie Batch had good years but they just couldn't sustain it for whatever reason. It happens. We won't turn the corner as a franchise until we realize we need a serious upgrade at the QB position. And while we're experimenting with Dak, we waste Zeke and the value of where he was picked.

You guys keep "hoping" because that's all you got......hope. I'll deal with reality and what my eyes tell me.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I find it comical that people actually WANT Garrett to call plays. He was so bad at it that daddy Jones took it away from him and forced him to hire an OC.

They just need to blow the coaching staff up after this season and start over from HC all the way down.

That is exactly why we need Garrett calling the plays

That way it leaves NO DOUBT in Jeruh’s mind who is to blame and that he needs to be fired

What we need is Garrett calling the plays while we get totally destroyed

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't take an entire season to "figure" out a QB. Certainly not two.

Teams figured out Dak last year. And then the floodgates opened and it carried over into this year as teams play the run even more aggressively. Defenders are running downhill when they play us and Dak just can't pull the trigger to beat them because he has absolutely no confidence in his arm.

No QB can when the playcaller obstinately keeps running straight into 8 man boxes, and on predictable down/yardage situations. Then forced to throw into a pass-ready set. You pretend teams didn't ever load the box in 2016 and for the first half of 2017, only to get beaten by Dak's arm. It happened and it happened a lot. Happened again this year vs. Jacksonville. You're also pretending loading up to stop the run and daring the QB to beat you with his arm doesn't happen to every team that has a strong RB. It's been a standard go-to for decades in this league.

What's changed is the QB room. And the playcalling is pure shit compared to 2016 and the first half of 2017. ADDED to the fact that Ginger has had ample time now to fill the young kid's head so full of useless stupid shit, that the kid can't function anymore.

You would rather believe there's no "arm talent" there even though it's displayed quite often. The kid HAS talent, all the physical tools are there. His problem is THE COACHING.

The first half of 2017.....huh? You mean when we started the season 2 and 3 and were saved by playing some scrub teams who were worse off than us? Thank God for the hapless Redskins and Giants who we swept and a Philly team who rested their starters and we could only muster 6 points on offense.

Teams know Dak can't beat them. And Dak can't beat teams that are daring him to use all his talent and physical tools to beat them. I've seen enough of Garrett to know he needs to go and I've seen enough of Dak to know we need a serious upgrade. I'm almost begging for Kellen Moore to put the jersey back on. That's how bad I feel Dak is.

Top Bottom