Cowlishaw: We stumbled onto a greater truth after Cowboys loss to Titans - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowlishaw: We stumbled onto a greater truth after Cowboys loss to Titans

1. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    He did get a monster contract at the time, we had to let him walk.
    Four years 36 Mil with 24 guaranteed? After two years he could be cut with very little cap hit. He's not a bargain bin item, but I don't see that as being a monster contract for a good player. Collins signed a 2 year deal for 15.4M. Not even 3 million less over the same time period.

2. Back To Top    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Four years 36 Mil with 24 guaranteed? After two years he could be cut with very little cap hit. He's not a bargain bin item, but I don't see that as being a monster contract for a good player. Collins signed a 2 year deal for 15.4M. Not even 3 million less over the same time period.
    Notice I said "at the time".

We didn't have the cap room we have today, plus they knew they had to find money for numerous other guys needing contract extensions, including Zach Martin.

Leary also has the issue with the knee.

Hindsight being 20/20, sure I'd rather have him (Leary) at LG and Connor Williams now at RT instead of Lael Collins. Collins is the worst starting OL on the team and another player that continues to regress on almost a weekly basis.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

3. Back To Top    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    Hindsight being 20/20, sure I'd rather have him (Leary) at LG and Connor Williams now at RT instead of Lael Collins. Collins is the worst starting OL on the team and another player that continues to regress on almost a weekly basis.
    I agree with this. Collins needs to be moved back to guard. I know Doug Free can have an occasional burp now and then, but he played RT better than Collins.

4. Back To Top    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I agree with this. Collins needs to be moved back to guard. I know Doug Free can have an occasional burp now and then, but he played RT better than Collins.
    Collins wasn't any good at LG either though. When he got hurt and was replaced by Leary, the OL improved by leaps and bounds over night.

Collins appears to be very gifted physically, but might have a ten cent head and certainly appears to me to be someone that would benefit from HARD coaching, not coach soft ball Garrett.

5. Back To Top    #20
    Next season when Fredrick is back what are the chances that Looney gets a chance to start at LG and Williams and Collins battle it out for RT? Collins seems like he might be best suited as the backup G/T and Looney has earned a chance to start.

6. Back To Top    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    what are the chances that Looney gets a chance to start at LG and Williams and Collins battle it out for RT?
    If Jerry is GM I'd say zero.

7. Back To Top    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Next season when Fredrick is back what are the chances that Looney gets a chance to start at LG and Williams and Collins battle it out for RT? Collins seems like he might be best suited as the backup G/T and Looney has earned a chance to start.
    Probably zero.

Members who have read this thread: 22