bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1541478131-NS_05CowboysTitans8.jpg

ARLINGTON -- Well, this team certainly doesn't deserve to be mentioned among playoff contenders. Not after a performance like that.

The Cowboys had plenty of chances to beat a Tennessee team coming off three straight losses.

Here are my thoughts on the Cowboys falling to 3-5 after a 28-14 loss Monday night at AT&T Stadium:

1. If the Cowboys can't beat the Titans, how are they going to compete with Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington or New Orleans over the next four weeks? Tennessee was supposed to be the best shot at a win. There's plenty of blame to go around, but it begins with Dak Prescott. He just wasn't accurate enough and had two costly turnovers that just can't happen in a must-win type game like Monday night was. The running game wasn't great and the offensive line continued to have problems. No points in the second half can't happen coming off the bye against a three-win team.

2. The defense was not without blame. Despite some huge plays early on -- recovering fumbles and getting stops -- it wasn't good enough, either. The Titans scored a season-high 28 points. They were 11 of 14 on third down. Marcus Mariota looked like a Pro Bowler. There's just something about mobile quarterbacks and this defense. Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Alex Smith and now Mariota have all beaten Dallas. That's a serious problem that needs to be addressed because that's the way the NFL is going at the position.

3. Amari Cooper's debut got off to a hot start as he caught a pass on the second play of the game and caught a touchdown on his third target. He finished with five catches for 58 yards on eight targets. Overall, he played pretty good for a midseason debut with a new team and a struggling offense. However, especially on Prescott's red-zone interception, it appeared like the Cowboys were trying too hard to get him involved.

4. How big was the Daniel Ross sack that got called back late in the second quarter? The entire defense celebrated. But by the time they were on the sideline, the officials informed them that Tennessee had called a timeout before the ball was snapped. On the next play, Mariota connected with Darius Jennings on an outstanding throw (and better catch) between three defenders down the middle of the field for a 36-yard gain. Mariota then found Dion Lewis on a short pass that Lewis turned into an 18-yard touchdown and a 14-7 Titans lead. The momentum was completely on the Titans' side at that point and Dallas struggled to ever get it completely back.

5. Cowboys cornerback Byron Jones wasn't just going to stand back and allow Tennessee players to celebrate on the star. After intercepting Dak Prescott in the end zone late in the first quarter, Titans safety Kevin Byard ran to midfield. After standing on the Cowboys' star logo, he was joined there by teammates and started dancing. Jones immediately ran over and pushed Byard and a few of his teammates off the logo. "Yeah, that's a little bit of disrespect," said former Cowboy and current Monday Night Football broadcaster Jason Witten. "They're driving the ball down the field. Nice play by Byard, but I don't know that you want to do that. Hey, I'm all in favor of the touchdown celebrations; I think it's good for the game. But, hey, look: He's in his third year, OK? Do it about five more years, and then, you know, get seven or eight interceptions a year, maybe you can do it at that point. But until then, I'd probably stay away from the star."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I mean seriously. Other than Cooper and Gallup looking like a really bright future for the WR spots and LVE and maybe DLAW on defense, what else was good tonight?

It was just an epic fucking failure all the way around. One of the worst coached and prepared teams I've ever seen, and it gets worse every week that goes by.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have just one thought wrapped up in a neat little bow for you. WHY THE FUCK is Jason Garrett still the Cowboys HC right now???

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
5 thoughts from Cowboys' loss to Titans

Someone shoot me a text or PM once Jerry Dies!

I’ll be joining him in Johnny Walker land until then

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I have just one thought wrapped up in a neat little bow for you. WHY THE FUCK is Jason Garrett still the Cowboys HC right now???

That's easy, they can't find anyone that would want to coach this shit team, besides RHG.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Jerry says no more coaching changes this season. He must be content with this performance.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
here my 1 thought about this game:

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
my only thought is this....this was the game that pushed me from believing they still had a shot at the NFC East, to now hoping they lose every game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
my only thought is this....this was the game that pushed me from believing they still had a shot at the NFC East, to now hoping they lose every game.

which will yield a high draft pick .. in the second round

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gonna be watching DAK ATTACK those tight windows for another 5-6 yrs!!

woooo!

look at this dime he tossed for amari cooper

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

That was game two for me

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Quoting some guy in a Marcus Mosher thread on Twitter: " I feel like I'm supporting a junkie who steals my TV while I'm at work" .

Top Bottom