dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't see this mentioned yet in another thread. The only details given were "football related matter"

Thought I'd start a dedicated thread to it and get our hopes up over possible happy news:

1) Jones is selling the team
2) Johnny Walker GM is stepping away from football operations
3) Jason Garrett to be fired
4) Scott Linehan to be fired

#2 is nice if they were to then later name Troy Aikman head of football operations (or some other title with total control of football decisions)

Of course none of the above is likely. Most likely is the newest Ring of Honor announcement. Speculation is on it potentially being Gil Brandt, or perhaps it's a combo of Jason Witten (in town for MNF game anyway) and Tony Romo (who apparently is not announcing a game this week). A report a couple weeks ago said Demarcus Ware would be the next person inducted, so maybe it's for him. Putting Jimmy Johnson in the RoH is absolutely the right thing to do but I bet it isn't him this time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope it is a new ring of honor member.

Please learn to play along correctly.

This thread was developed so you'd get your hopes up over quality news, only to then be crushed by a run of the mill RoH announcement later.

Just imagine if its a Clapper 5 yr extension, or maybe Jerry will induct himself into the RoH.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Demarcus Ware Ring of Honor. It’s not exactly a secret.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in other words, today is a day that ends in y

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
come again, jerry ??

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh ya no shit ???

i dont doubt jerry loves stealing everybodys money,

but this morning, jerry was just sharpening his snake oil sales pitch centered around "its really not that bad this year because everybody sucks in our division"

just in case he gets told he is not a football guy during his big announcement

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jerry's just putting a couple guys in the ring of honor, please pay no attention to the shit show going on this season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
"Football related" just means it isn't another lame sponsor announcement, that it has something to do with the actual sport being played.

It would never be anything like a coaching change or anything actually important to this year's team.

Only question is will Jerry induct more than one into the ROH, or will he hold a couple back for later in the year. Might need more distractions later if the season really goes south.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Please learn to play along correctly.

Ok

tenor.gif

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score