Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If were going anywhere with this team. We need a win here and an even bigger one in Philly week after- beginning of a hot streak that makes us dangerous and competitive. This is the kind of team that needs a hot ride into tulhe playoffs. 8-8 or 9-7 nfc east title will not amount to anything more than that- nfc EAST champions.

This is a typical Cowboys 8-8 type season. Beat the Titans then go on a 1-4 stretch. Win the remaining games against crap teams with the Colts being the only game that can go either way. I'm thinking 7-9 or 8-8.

You're right about this team going anywhere. It would have to be in that 5 game stretch after the Titans.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Cowboys in August: It's actually an advantage to not have a true #1 receiver, plus we have great new position coaches.
Cowboys in October: At last we have a true #1 receiver, and Alexander was a goober, so we're fine now.
Cowboys in January: It's actually an advantage to not have a top 5 pick.

Reaction score
can you imagine what a transcript would be like to read where CCboy translates something jeri says into CC-speak and vice versa?

I wonder which one would be more mind numbing?

CCboy is a predictable moron who is as readable as a children's book. His tired, overused "burn barrel buddies" insult reveals that it was his primary job because it is obvious he is projecting. People who use the same insult all the time are projecting.

I normally support most military people, but I don't want that dipshit in my military.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
anybody have any brutal monday night cowboy losses that still haunt them? I have two that were both kicks to the nuts...way back to childhood.

1978 at RFK. skins 9 boys 5. Oh was I pissed.

But worse was a few years earlier. 1975, Texas Stadium against a terrible KC Chiefs team. I was 11 yrs old. Watched entire game. chiefs 34 boys 31. And dallas DOMINATED the entire game. One problem. Dallas had 7 turnovers, including 5 lost fumbles. I hit the pillow that night in tears. Mike Livingston was chiefs QB. He stunk and was very average that night. But he was strutting around out there like he was Jim Hart or Bert Jones. I still hate that fucker. And I can still see him. He was half bald and had a beard at the time. Yep, all these years later...these 2 monday nighters still are fresh in my mind.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
if this doesnt line up right i will post link

KAN DAL
First Downs 21 26
Rush-Yds-TDs 45-164-2 40-204-2
Cmp-Att-Yd-TD-INT 13-28-145-1-0 17-31-243-2-2
Sacked-Yards 2-13 1-11
Net Pass Yards 132 232
Total Yards 296 436
Fumbles-Lost 7-3 5-5
Turnovers 3 7
Penalties-Yards 4-25 6-53

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
anybody have any brutal monday night cowboy losses that still haunt them? I have two that were both kicks to the nuts...way back to childhood.

1978 at RFK. skins 9 boys 5. Oh was I pissed.

But worse was a few years earlier. 1975, Texas Stadium against a terrible KC Chiefs team. I was 11 yrs old. Watched entire game. chiefs 34 boys 31. And dallas DOMINATED the entire game. One problem. Dallas had 7 turnovers, including 5 lost fumbles. I hit the pillow that night in tears. Mike Livingston was chiefs QB. He stunk and was very average that night. But he was strutting around out there like he was Jim Hart or Bert Jones. I still hate that fucker. And I can still see him. He was half bald and had a beard at the time. Yep, all these years later...these 2 monday nighters still are fresh in my mind.

I don't remember any Monday night games that bothered me except for maybe losing the game Dorsett ran for a 99 yard TD. But I do have a fond memory. In 9th grade I bet a kid in school 5 bucks and gave him Houston and 27 1/2 points. Dallas was up 34-7 with around two minutes left when Septien hit a FG from 53 yards out I believe to make it 37-7. That's how the game ended.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
anybody have any brutal monday night cowboy losses that still haunt them? .

Yep, the white wash we got in our 1st Monday nighter.

The then St. Louis Cardinals smoked us 38-0 at the Cotton Bowl.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
CCboy is a predictable moron who is as readable as a children's book. His tired, overused "burn barrel buddies" insult reveals that it was his primary job because it is obvious he is projecting. People who use the same insult all the time are projecting.

I normally support most military people, but I don't want that dipshit in my military.

here's a some extra Lulz, that was funny

LOL LOL LOL

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
SamBradford.jpg

Has there ever been a guy in the NFL that has earned so much and done so little?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m watching the pregame show on Fox and they were talking about why Cleveland finally fired the Head Coach and the OC.

They said it was because of Baker Mayfield. When he came into his first game without first team reps and without real game prep he excelled. Then once he was named the starter and the coaches focused on him as the starter he has regressed every single week. So essentially the coaching staff has hurt Bakers progression.

Sounds like Dak to me. He comes in for an injured Romo, then goes on to have one of the best Rookie seasons of all time. He has regressed ever since. Too bad our GM can’t see the problem lies in the coaching

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I’m watching the pregame show on Fox and they were talking about why Cleveland finally fired the Head Coach and the OC.

They said it was because of Baker Mayfield. When he came into his first game without first team reps and without real game prep he excelled. Then once he was named the starter and the coaches focused on him as the starter he has regressed every single week. So essentially the coaching staff has hurt Bakers progression.

Sounds like Dak to me. He comes in for an injured Romo, then goes on to have one of the best Rookie seasons of all time. He has regressed ever since. Too bad our GM can’t see the problem lies in the coaching
To show how much they "know" they can't help themselves from clogging the young guy's brain full of so much shit that they are no longer really playing, they're stopping to try to think. They're suppressing their instincts and their ability to make good, snap decisions. And the young guys feel obliged to listen to these wise coaches and try to absorb everything even to the point of losing their muscle memory on their mechanics. Overcoaching is real, and it has adverse effect. Every time.

Case in point: How many quarterbacks to you ever see on any level, taking a snap from the pistol and then also taking a 5 step drop? Kind of defeats the whole point of the pistol doesn't it? Pistol, unlike the shotgun, is for quick plays. You add the 5 step drop to that and now your QB is throwing off his back foot, to try to make those quick throws. His accuracy suffers. You might as well use the shotgun, if you're dropping him back 5 steps after taking the pistol snap.

Add to this, when he's going to hand the ball off to the H-back, he doesn't take the 5 step drop. Defenders recognize this, and so now you've also destroyed any element of surprise your draw play might have had. We know you're not handing it off, because you're taking that 5 step drop. We know it is a run, because you're not. Keys. Tendencies. They're real.

Dak does this and he wasn't doing it his first year, and for the first half of his second year. Why? Why is he doing it? Why is the shotgun gone?

You should NEVER do a 5 step drop after getting the snap from the pistol. Ever. It completely defeats the purpose of it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Raiders COO, (at board meeting ):
"Gentlemen, we accidentally got the Gruden brother who sucks"

And then they watched the other one get run off the field at home by the Falcons, and remembered that all Grudens suck.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A new coach won't make Tyron defeat speed rushers or Williams magically gain 20 pounds of brawn.

They went into some detail a few days ago discussing exactly what Alexander was asking the Tackles (Smith and Collins) to do from a technique standpoint, especially in pass protection and it was pretty interesting. Basically had them doing something completely the opposite of what they'd been coached to do not only here in Dallas but also in college.

They also noted that hiring Alexander was 100% a Garrett decision, even though apparently others believed they should have just promoted Colombo all along. They didn't really say who "others" were. The guys on the radio said the OL as a group had a major role in getting Alexander finally run out of town.

Will be very interesting to see if we see noticeable improvement early on.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They went into some detail a few days ago discussing exactly what Alexander was asking the Tackles (Smith and Collins) to do from a technique standpoint, especially in pass protection and it was pretty interesting. Basically had them doing something completely the opposite of what they'd been coached to do not only here in Dallas but also in college.

They also noted that hiring Alexander was 100% a Garrett decision, even though apparently others believed they should have just promoted Colombo all along. They didn't really say who "others" were. The guys on the radio said the OL as a group had a major role in getting Alexander finally run out of town.

Will be very interesting to see if we see noticeable improvement early on.

again this whole thing just makes me wonder how much due dilligence was done to make sure that alexander would be a good match w dallas OL unit. i think thats important for them because theyre an elite position group, the best on the team and one of the best OL units in the league.

former players of alexander were around the cowboys in the off season so i dont doubt that they did some consulting

... but did they know alexander was so different but said, hey fuck it, lets try it anyway and see what happens ?

Last edited:

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It'd be so Garrett to come out after a bye week, big trade, getting rid of one really lousy assistant.

Rolls out for a home game vs a team you should beat in a must win game, and flop on national TV.

Very possible if they run Zeke 15 times or less which they do quite often.

Top Bottom