TheBigDog88

Spectator
Reaction score
Could the Jerry we all know from the 90's be at this thing one more time? I, at 30, have never seen the Cowboys win the SB...but im seeing one hell of a set up here, maybe?

We have new group of solid young players on this team right now yes, but what held the previous era of Cowboys- Romo, Witten, Dez and all the Wade/Garrett players -back? COACHING! We all know the talent was there.

Now we have Kellen Moore as a bust at QB coach, both Linehan AND Garrett feeling the heat at coordinator and head coach respectively. Could that magical dude that couldnt win the big games as a player be the missing piece? Could said dude be tired of following Troy Aikmans footsteps - a man with 3 rings as opposed to his 0. Could he have something to prove as a loyal Dallas Cowboy? This man is TONY ROMO!

Could Jerry be keeping the HC position in Garretts hands at this point, possibly as a set up for Romo? Linehan as well? QB to OC to HC? Maybe a 3-5 year plan? Kind of GoTs ish come up with a "direct line to the 'throne' for Romo." Our big 3 would be peaking and Romo would get to work with not only Dak but all 3 young QBs on the roster on an individual level, thus leading to amazing chemistry as Romo ascends to HC and the big 3 "good kids" have a real leader to follow...and one that fits their personalities that wont send them sinking.

Would this kind of "gift" to Romo- if he was able to succeed at it, be not only warranted, but REDEMPTIVE? There is a debate over Jerrys handling of Tom Landry when he first got here. Could he be in the process of setting up his true "heir" and the next Landry (Romo) on the way out?!?

Btw - Im a Cowboys fan in Philly and havent really watched much past few years and YET the Eagles SB still hurt. But Philly aint in contention for the bigger picture. A picture with both NE and PIT and even GB playing well still -- WHOSE GETTING TO 7 FIRST?!?! #trueNFLevolution

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You think Jerral plans ahead, in things other than his next bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and the next of his pole dancers to suck his dick.

How quaint.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only planning ahead Jeruh Jones is doing is to have his head frozen next to Ted Williams

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only planning ahead Jeruh Jones is doing is to have his head frozen next to Ted Williams
And it wasn't like there was any genius planning involved in 1989 when Jerral finally managed to cobble together enough money to buy an NFL team, on what coach to hire. Dallas under Tex Schramm's planning ahead and direction had been courting Jimmy Johnson since 1987 - long before Jerral could even sniff buying a team, and Jimmy was by far the hottest coaching commodity in the college ranks. It was a no-brainer.

I give Jerral NO credit for the Jimmy hire. Any idiot would have loved to lure him away from Coral Gables to coach their NFL team.

But I do agree with the OP on one point - yes Jerral is just stupid enough to hire a HC that has absolutely zero head coaching experience not in college even, he did it with Ginger. So an idiotic move like a Romo hire for HC isn't beyond belief for him at all. Problem is, Romo isn't THAT stupid, to leave his 20 million a year cush job at SeeBS.

But it wouldn't come as part of some Jerral grand plan chess move. Are you shitting me?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Dont think that hasnt been looked into. I wouldnt mind seeing Teddy Ball Game rake again though.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here's an example planning ahead no matter how far his head is up his ass.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
We spent a 1st round pick on a 2015 1st round pick with the same drop percentage of Dez who we cut that has 2 years left on a contract that will have no way of proving himself to us, because the 1st round pick we blew to get him should have been saved to get a QB that has the ability to throw the ball further than 6 years without needing the best O line That we've seen since the Triplet days blocking for him. Yeah Jerry plans waaaaaay ahead.

TheBigDog88

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow. I havent been on one of these forums in almost 15 years- when I was in High school still. And all i can say is it is just sad how this franchise has fallen. Amari wasnt even excited to be a freakin Dallas cowboy- no one is anymore.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no honestly i think palyers are VERY excited to be cowboys

how many chances do you get in this franchise? at least a 4 strike policy ?

and best of all, the whole front office has a "fuck it doesnt matter" attitude!

theyre all mostly related and day drinkers so its probably a low pressure atmosphere and you dont gotta worry about getting called into the office unless its for shots or beer pong

bonus: if you can hunt down rynie, he can prob hook you up w some killer weed

TheBigDog88

Spectator
Reaction score
Nothing wrong. I said QB coach to OC to HC. Let him earn it over some time.

I take it as you underappreciated the player that was Romo.

I wonder what happened to our fans- theres no beleif anymore. Just negativity. I dont remember it being like this before....sad. still my team tho.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Once again we see a noob who confuses realistic analysis and expectations with "negativity."

What's happened to our fans is 90 percent of them are just mindless cheerleader idiots who know nothing about football, are cult-player worshippers and either weren't around for it or don't remember what the Dallas Cowboys used to represent.

Dallas fans USED to be among the most knowledgeable and critical fans around and would call out garbage when they saw it. Today's fans don't know the difference. They've bought in to 23 years of mediocrity.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong. I said QB coach to OC to HC. Let him earn it over some time.

I take it as you underappreciated the player that was Romo.

I wonder what happened to our fans- theres no beleif anymore. Just negativity. I dont remember it being like this before....sad. still my team tho.

What exactly are you having trouble understanding about the state of the Cowboys? Jerry Jones has done nothing but make moves that double and triple down on the same idiocy that has resulted in the current state of the franchise.

For fuck's sake, the hiring of Kellen Moore was purely a power move meant as an insult to the fans and a reaffirmation that Jones calls the shots, he isn't going anywhere, and will make stupid moves just to throw it in our faces.

There is no hope for the Dallas Cowboys. None. Forget about it. When you are old and gray Spaulding will be making the same kinds of moves as his grand dad and dad as the franchise nears year 60 straight with no conference championship appearance.

I would strongly urge young football fans to not become fans of Dallas, or switch teams if you haven't been following long. The rest of us just follow for the comedy at this point. It's too late for most of us in the older crowd. We can't possibly cheer another team because of what we remember about the Cowboys. We are fans of what was once the Dallas Cowboys, and now we all realize that it's over for good. That team may as well have folded after 1988. Even the Browns have a more promising future because they are not ruled by the Jones family.

Harsh, but the plain truth of the matter. There is no counter evidence.

TheBigDog88

Spectator
Reaction score
And maybe the negativity is realism but damn.."watching the game is all you can do."

Do you really think any fan is anything more than a cheerleader?!? Knowleagable or realstic or harsh or not, ur just a cheerleader unless ur gambling. There should always be that glimer of hope, thats how Philly finally got a championship. Who thought the eagles would win the SB with a backup QB against NE??!?

TheBigDog88

Spectator
Reaction score
Not gonna lie...the Cowboys r a pretty funny circus act tho. Cant even count how many times me and my brother are laughing at how bad we suck during a game "looking like idiots."

Also on the flip side so memorable moments of Dallas making amazing comebacks that gives u that hope. Idk

Top Bottom