Reaction score
Could the Jerry we all know from the 90's be at this thing one more time? I, at 30, have never seen the Cowboys win the SB...but im seeing one hell of a set up here, maybe?

We have new group of solid young players on this team right now yes, but what held the previous era of Cowboys- Romo, Witten, Dez and all the Wade/Garrett players -back? COACHING! We all know the talent was there.

Now we have Kellen Moore as a bust at QB coach, both Linehan AND Garrett feeling the heat at coordinator and head coach respectively. Could that magical dude that couldnt win the big games as a player be the missing piece? Could said dude be tired of following Troy Aikmans footsteps - a man with 3 rings as opposed to his 0. Could he have something to prove as a loyal Dallas Cowboy? This man is TONY ROMO!

Could Jerry be keeping the HC position in Garretts hands at this point, possibly as a set up for Romo? Linehan as well? QB to OC to HC? Maybe a 3-5 year plan? Kind of GoTs ish come up with a "direct line to the 'throne' for Romo." Our big 3 would be peaking and Romo would get to work with not only Dak but all 3 young QBs on the roster on an individual level, thus leading to amazing chemistry as Romo ascends to HC and the big 3 "good kids" have a real leader to follow...and one that fits their personalities that wont send them sinking.

Would this kind of "gift" to Romo- if he was able to succeed at it, be not only warranted, but REDEMPTIVE? There is a debate over Jerrys handling of Tom Landry when he first got here. Could he be in the process of setting up his true "heir" and the next Landry (Romo) on the way out?!?

Btw - Im a Cowboys fan in Philly and havent really watched much past few years and YET the Eagles SB still hurt. But Philly aint in contention for the bigger picture. A picture with both NE and PIT and even GB playing well still -- WHOSE GETTING TO 7 FIRST?!?! #trueNFLevolution

First of all, Romo is no Landry. He couldn't even carry his brief case. Lets get that out of the way right now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I imagine they bought in early on. Hard to know when the light came on.

What do u think?

It never came on then. Otherwise if they wanted to "win" they'd have used the clout they had with Jerry and demanded that Jones get rid of Garrett and get a real HC. He'd have definitely made the change if Romo would have demanded it, I have ZERO doubt whatsoever.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It never came on then. Otherwise if they wanted to "win" they'd have used the clout they had with Jerry and demanded that Jones get rid of Garrett and get a real HC. He'd have definitely made the change if Romo would have demanded it, I have ZERO doubt whatsoever.

If they knew how much Jerry was in love with the Red Fraud they might not have wanted to stick their necks out. Better to be a good soldier. No way to know what they thought.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If they knew how much Jerry was in love with the Red Fraud they might not have wanted to stick their necks out. Better to be a good soldier. No way to know what they thought.

That's horse shit, Romo was Jones' darling and he'd have done anything for him. All Romo had to do was refuse restructures to cripple the cap (even more than we were) or even worse, refuse contract extensions and leave for elsewhere. It would have been an absolute PR nightmare for Jones to let Romo walk.

Romo didn't do shit because he liked things the way they were. Winning was never that important to him.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
That's horse shit, Romo was Jones' darling and he'd have done anything for him. All Romo had to do was refuse restructures to cripple the cap (even more than we were) or even worse, refuse contract extensions and leave for elsewhere. It would have been an absolute PR nightmare for Jones to let Romo walk.

Romo didn't do shit because he liked things the way they were. Winning was never that important to him.

Im not so sure Romo had any bigger place in Jerrys heart than Red. Red is still around and its obvious to the entire world he's a fraud, but Jerry loves the guy.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sooo... are you guys ready to see Jerry named Executive of the Year again? Because it is going to happen.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sooo... are you guys ready to see Jerry named Executive of the Year again? Because it is going to happen.

I think it would take a SB appearance for that to happen. And if that happened and Jerry stepped away from football ops because of it, count me in. I know right, if your gonna dream, dream big.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The person making the personnel decisions for the Bears will get a lot of love as well. Right now he'd be my pick to win it. The Rams GM will also be in the discussion.

Macksfield

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I can seen it all now... Dallas newspapers report Charlotte Jones is named New General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What would Sean Lee be worth on the trading block?

Assuming he comes back and plays well for the rest of the season, (and doesn’t sprain his vagina again) what do you think we could get for him in a trade scenario in the offseason?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What would Sean Lee be worth on the trading block?

Assuming he comes back and plays well for the rest of the season, (and doesn’t sprain his vagina again) what do you think we could get for him in a trade scenario in the offseason?

Probably not much. With his age, cap number and injury situation I suspect we'd be lucky to get a 5th or 6th rounder. Maybe a 4th if somebody just had to have him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Probably not much. With his age, cap number and injury situation I suspect we'd be lucky to get a 5th or 6th rounder. Maybe a 4th if somebody just had to have him.

Plus timing is everything. Closer to the trade deadline and if he's stayed healthy and IF a team had desperate need, you might then get your 4th. Otherwise not worth much if anything.

Top Bottom