dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Should've had a TD but Quincy II missed him. He'll never maximize his skills with this qb.

Yeah there's some truth to that, but teams still have to account for him and they more good stuff he shows on film the more they have to plan and either double cover him or roll coverages, and that helps the run game immensely.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
havent read every single post here...but my initial thought was we gave up too much. I am sure most agree. But watching him Sunday night, and hearing Chris Collinsworth(a damn good receiver himself) talk about how this deal will change the Cowboys offense...I am getting okay with it. AS LONG AS we extend the guy's contract.

i watched the game again today on nfl network and picked up something collinsworth said that i missed the other night.
him saying....the cowboys offense is about to become a 2 man game. When they get to the line, if Cooper has single coverage they will throw him the ball. If they see some help toward him, they will give the ball to zeke.

my only concern, is will dak continue to overthrow cooper like he did the other night down the sideline. collinsworth says...I am sorry but nfl QBs have to hit that pass.

thats the issue. in my opinion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But but but...Dez is the greatest:

Bryant had one game last season with more yards than what Cooper had against Philadelphia. Bryant had 98 yards on five catches against the Los Angeles Rams and was targeted 13 times in that game.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cooper and Gallup have potential to be a really strong 1-2 punch at WR for years to come.

Now they just need the right HC, offensive staff and potentially QB to take advantage of it.

yes sir. I fucking hate how Garrett rotates receivers in and out. Cooper makes a catch...and off to the sidelines. We gave up a # 1 for that prick...leave him o the field.

matter of fact...gallup, cooper and beasley should be the 3 guys on every play until they are fucking exhausted. Thats it.
Let these 3 bastards raise their hand and ask out. Otherwise, they are in on nearly every snap.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Gallup needs to get more involved. He only had three targets the other night.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gallup needs to get more involved. He only had three targets the other night.

And he's killing people that line up against him. Dak definitely needs to look at him more often.

And to echo Dupree, this WR rotation is garbage. Unless someone is hurt or just totally spent, there's no reason Cooper and Gallup should ever come off the field in a 2 WR set, or in a 3 WR set the trio should be Cooper/Gallup/Beasley. You're just helping the other team out when they arnt on the field.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And he's killing people that line up against him. Dak definitely needs to look at him more often.

And to echo Dupree, this WR rotation is garbage. Unless someone is hurt or just totally spent, there's no reason Cooper and Gallup should ever come off the field in a 2 WR set, or in a 3 WR set the trip should be Cooper/Gallup/Beasley. You're just helping the other team out when they arnt on the field.
Same goes for Zeke. He's your biggest threat and your best pass blocking back. Stupid to ever take him off the field. You're just removing a threat.

We gotta have all these "packages" to show 'em all how smart we are. And to keep our young qb thinking about things other than execution. Garrett needs to learn the KISS principle. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
f8c275665264bd1b8fdbab001b57abad.jpg

AC has been here for only three games and he already leads the team in yards and TD’s and he did it with fewer reception than everyone else

That shows how sad this offense was before he got here

But according to Jerry, Stephen, and McClay we didn’t need a number 1 WR to start the season

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

AC has been here for only three games and he already leads the team in yards and TD’s and he did it with fewer reception than everyone else

But according to Jerry, Stephen, and McClay we didn’t need a number 1 WR to start the season

the real tragedy here is why zeke only has 6 fucking touchdowns

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
the real tragedy here is why zeke only has 6 fucking touchdowns

That actually leads back to why he only has 6 TD’s, which is the real tragedy being that Garrett is still the HC

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dude, you do realize that's his combined numbers from Oakland and Dallas, right?

Reaction score
I have to admit that the Cooper trade isn't as bad as I thought it was since he's playing so well. I still wouldn't make a trade like that under most circumstances.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
His numbers since he has been here are better than all the rest of our WR’s in that same time frame

And his 3 TD’s since he’s been a Cowboy are better than the rest of the WR’s for the entire season

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
His numbers since he has been here are better than all the rest of our WR’s in that same time frame

Holy Captain Obvious Batman!

You mean Amari Cooper (who was once the 4th pick overall and is just 24 yrs old) might be better than a rookie 3rd rd pick, a veteran slot WR and some journeymen?

Thanks for helping me grasp that.

Trouty

Reaction score
Man I was wrong about this one. What a pleasant surprise. The kid can run a route as good as anyone I've seen. Reminds me of Kyrie breaking ankles on the court, the way he jukes DBs. Now all he needs is a QB who can air it out w touch, and isn't terrified of attacking the middle of the field (as well as his own shadow). Otherwise we're gonna have to hope short yd slants go to the house every week. Dak is gonna get extended tho, so why even bother.

Still, I was so so upset when we made this trade. Dejected almost. Complete disbelief. A first rd pick on a 3-5 rudderless team for a WR who appeared to be regressing, certainly was dropping balls, as well whispers about a lack of motivation. I haven't read the thread yet, but I imagine there's plenty of folks with similar reactions to mine.

Top Bottom