dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was listening to one of the podcasts and they made a point that I hadn’t really thought about and that should scare the shit out of all of us.

By Jeruh giving up our first round pick for next season (which has a high likelihood of being a top ten pick) then he is basically doubling down on Dak as our franchise QB because he just gave up his ability to draft his replacement in the next draft

That alone should prove to all of us that he plans on Dak being the future QB for us

Well unless we're giving up a pick in the top 5, the idea that giving up a mid first rd pick would be a "franchise QB" is pretty much wishful thinking.

Right now there appears to be only 1 or 2 guys worthy of a 1st rd pick as a QB anyway, and one of those is likely going #1 overall, and probably no worse than top-5 overall.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am sure. 100%. A dumbshit that would make the same mistake for a third time, and set this franchise back again is definitely going to stick with the worst game day coach in the league.

From now on just figure out what the most moronic decision would be, and that is the one that Jones will make. Change my mind.

If Amari Cooper is a probowler going forward, was the trade a mistake?

The idea isn't that far fetched when you consider that in his first two seasons he WAS a probowler, and is only 24 today.

Reaction score
If Amari Cooper is a probowler going forward, was the trade a mistake?

The idea isn't that far fetched when you consider that in his first two seasons he WAS a probowler, and is only 24 today.

Yes it is a mistake because a pro bowl receiver is not that hard to acquire. You DO NOT trade 1st round picks away unless you can get a franchise QB. Trading them for WR is STUPID as Jerry has already amply demonstrated twice before.

Dallas-Clownshoes — imgbb.com

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Step 3) Completely ignore the WR and TE position in the off season so that you panic before the halfway point.

This is not true. They tried to sign two of the higher profile free agent WR's the first day or two of free agency. They also used a 3rd rd pick on a WR that seems pretty promising right now.

Step 4) Throw away what will be a high 1st round draft choice to repeat a historically bad mistake you have made TWICE before.

Like I asked in another post, is it a mistake if he is a probowl caliber player for us? What happened twice before has nothing to do with this deal. Maybe he stinks, if he does it isn't because they made mistakes before though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes it is a mistake because a pro bowl receiver is not that hard to acquire. You DO NOT trade 1st round picks away unless you can get a franchise QB. Trading them for WR is STUPID as Jerry has already amply demonstrated twice before.

Dallas-Clownshoes — imgbb.com

Bill Belichick traded a 1st rd pick for a WR. The next year the Rams traded a 1st rd pick for the very same player.

And no, I am not saying we are anything like the Pats or Rams. I am only pointing out that teams have traded 1st rd picks for WR's very recently.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Bill Belichick traded a 1st rd pick for a WR. The next year the Rams traded a 1st rd pick for the very same player.

And no, I am not saying we are anything like the Pats or Rams. I am only pointing out that teams have traded 1st rd picks for WR's very recently.

Patriots are usually picking at the end of the round. So basically their 1st rounder is more like an early 2nd rounder.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Patriots are usually picking at the end of the round. So basically their 1st rounder is more like an early 2nd rounder.

That's a fair point, and we likely wont be at the very end of the round like them. But they still traded a 1st rd pick for a WR, and another team also traded a 1st rd pick for the same WR.

Talent is talent. If you can acquire a probowler (especially a 24 yr old one) for a 1st rd pick, it's a pretty fair deal.

Cooper has to play better than this season and some of last yr, but if he reverts to his early probowl form then its not a bad deal for us. It's only a "bad" deal for us if he stinks and our season collapses.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
For the record, I don't hate Amari Cooper. I don't hate trading for him.
I mean, Cooper could benefit from a fresh start, who knows? It's certainly reasonable to think a big fast guy could force defenses to drop a LB or S out of the box, which would be good for many reasons.
But these things are just a big sack of blue sky right now.
What isn't great is we just gave up what is probably a top 10 pick for that blue sky.
To me it smacks of desperation. It's Jerry(and/or Little Stevie) saying this will fix it, cause we know best. Probably also means Linehan is a dead man walking, cause this is Jerry saying your shitty receivers by committee didn't work.
The most fun I personally will have is watching drunk GM trying to prove to himself it ain't Garrett.
It's Garrett, it's been Garrett. You could pick an all pro for every spot on the team and Garrett would fuck it up.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ohhhhh i get it

so were gonna have amari cooper playing QB

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
IIUC, Cooper is under contract through 2019 (assuming they take the 5th year option at 14 mill).

2019 is Daks last year of his rookie contract too AND I'm pretty sure its Garrett, Linehan, etc last year of their contracts.

IMO, unless there is massive cratering the rest of this year, jeri & spawn will bring the band back for 2019 and only cut bait at the end of the 2019 season when all contracts neatly expire and jeri & spawn don't have to eat any contracts early

so what that means is Garrett will pull a rabbit out of his ass in 2019 and win11+ games, get a new contract causing fans heads explode while the team prepares to:

. . - YouTube

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Logically one would think this trade was about helping this team improve this year and also to see what you have in Dak. It would also serve to take away excuses for Garrett.

However, in Jerry's world its a move to hopefully put the team over the top and compete for a Super Bowl. Dak and Red are probably safe.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One stat I heard on AC was that he has had 11 TD’s over 30 yards in his 3 1/2 year career.

Dez only had 19 in his entire career which is now over

Too bad Dak can barely throw it that far

Top Bottom