dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Comparing Belichick to Jerry Jones is not helping your cause. When you win titles, and are generally regarded as the best at your job in the history of the world then you get leeway to make risky moves. Also, he has the best QB to ever play the game so the worry of finding a franchise QB hasn't been there for NE in a decade and a half.

Not only that, but what aren't you getting about the fact that Jerry Jones has already been burned twice by this same idiotic move? Jerry Jones is a bumbling, unlucky fool when it comes to managing a football team. This can only go wrong for Dallas and set the franchise back. There is no upside because we don't have a good QB, we have the worst coach in the league, the biggest joke of an offensive coaching staff, and the worst GM in the league.

Cooper, is also not that great of a player. He has mentally quit on the Raiders which means he will do the same damn thing here too. It's not like we acquired a young Jerry Rice for that first. No, we got a guy that will quit and check out once he sees that the culture here is even worse than Oakland, and has been a spare his last 20 games or so.

Seriously, it would have been less retarded to resign Dez, and keep the 1st rounder.

I've agreed with you on Jones, what I disagree with you on is just because it didn't work out with Galloway and RW doesn't mean it will never work out again.

What evidence do you have that says Cooper "checked out" on Oakland or would have any sort of attitude problem here? Is it the same evidence that some clown posted in CZ where they claimed Cooper was 20-30lbs overweight, only for us to then see pics yesterday from practice that show a guy in tremendous shape with probably little or no body fat whatsoever? That sort of "source"?

Cooper made the probowl each of his first two years. Even this yr he's had two 100+ yd games on an Oakland team that's actually far worse than us. He's only 24. I wasn't thrilled with giving up the 1st for him but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his previous success at both Alabama and the NFL.

And no, signing Dez would not have been less retarded. Dez 100% proved what he was the last 3 seasons here, he's finished and the fact nobody wanted him since is proof of that. Teams DID want Cooper.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak Prescott excited about Amari Cooper, but says WR isn’t “magic pill”

Posted by Charean Williams on October 24, 2018, 9:36 PM EDT

Dak Prescott excited about Amari Cooper, but says WR isn’t “magic pill” – ProFootballTalk

Cole Beasley woke Dak Prescott with good news on the Cowboys’ flight home from Washington on Monday afternoon. The receiver was the one who informed Prescott about the team’s trade with Oakland for Amari Cooper.

Prescott called Cooper’s arrival “getting a new toy.”

“I was like ‘dang, that’s sweet,'” Prescott said Wednesday while promoting the Ready. Raise. Rise. campaign in partnership with Bristol-Myers Squibb, via Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News. “When you add a player like that, he’s explosive, and his talent speaks for himself. Everybody’s excited. Guys on defense are excite; DBs are; everyone is. We just know what he can bring. He’s another weapon.”

The Cowboys rank 29th in total offense, including 29th in passing. Their leading receiver, Cole Beasley, ties for 28th in catches and 47th in yards, with 33 catches for 350 yards.

Cooper will help but how much?

“This isn’t the magic pill,” Prescott said. “One player isn’t going to make all these errors that we’ve had go away. But we have to do a better job, and we’re going to . . . find a way to play complementary football together. Just execution. When we start doing that and you add a player like Amari Cooper in there, then that’s where this offense takes the next step.”

Prescott said he is staying in town for the long weekend during the team’s off week to work with Cooper.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dak Prescott excited about Amari Cooper, but says WR isn’t “magic pill”

Of course not Dak. You'll have Cooper but your play will remain the same so you're just covering your ass with a blanket statement.

After a few weeks where Cooper will have Dez Bryant numbers (at best) with this QB, some here will be making more excuses and wondering why.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
One positive here is this might free up Beasley. Teams were doubling him with a DB in front and behind. He's not physically imposing enough to beat that. With Cooper out there, teams can't concentrate on Cole and he can work his one on one magic from the slot.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One positive here is this might free up Beasley. Teams were doubling him with a DB in front and behind. He's not physically imposing enough to beat that. With Cooper out there, teams can't concentrate on Cole and he can work his one on one magic from the slot.

Yeah I think he is going to help, even if he doesn't rack up really impressive numbers.

He'll definitely warrant more attention from a defense than our other receivers and TE's have, hopefully that translates into plays for others and even more important IMO, more running lanes for Zeke.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So the Cowboys dump Dez Bryant so they can give up a 1st round pick for Dez Cooper. Cooper won't matter.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So the Cowboys dump Dez Bryant so they can give up a 1st round pick for Dez Cooper. Cooper won't matter.

Cooper isn't anywhere near the ****** Dez is.

Way more gifted physically at this point, and he's 24, not 30.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Since they were bound and determined to burn a number one on receiver next year, welcome aboard Amare.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeez. I leave for a week and we lose our o-line coach and first round pick. :facepalm I see a lot of fans trying to talk themselves into this trade. In terms of the stages of grief, this is known as bargaining. We did the exact same thing with RW11, focusing like a laser on his 1,300 yard season. Question: between handing off to Zeke 20+ times a game and throwing to his little buddy Beasley, who's the new safety net now that Witten is gone, how many balls will be left for Cooper? And what kind of numbers will Cooper have to put up to justify the trade? To forfeit a possible top 10 pick, the guy better be along the lines of Hopkins, Green or Beckham. Is he? Doubtful. Nor will he have an elite QB throwing to him and maximizing his potential. Carr is better than Dak, imo. Everyone can seemingly find receivers, but we have to pay a premium due to our ineptitude. Panicky Jerry, who never learns, strikes again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeez. I leave for a week and we lose our o-line coach and first round pick. :facepalm I see a lot of fans trying to talk themselves into this trade. In terms of the stages of grief, this is known as bargaining. We did the exact same thing with RW11, focusing like a laser on his 1,300 yard season. Question: between handing off to Zeke 20+ times a game and throwing to his little buddy Beasley, who's the new safety net now that Witten is gone, how many balls will be left for Cooper? And what kind of numbers will Cooper have to put up to justify the trade? To forfeit a possible top 10 pick, the guy better be along the lines of Hopkins, Green or Beckham. Is he? Doubtful. Nor will he have an elite QB throwing to him and maximizing his potential. Carr is better than Dak, imo. Everyone can seemingly find receivers, but we have to pay a premium due to our ineptitude. Panicky Jerry, who never learns, strikes again.

Cooper is a better talent than RW was IMO, he's also only 24 yrs old.

It isn't all about the numbers with Cooper either, it's about the impact he has on the offense. He will definitely concern teams a helluva lot more than TW, Hurns, Thompson and even Beasley

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Cooper is a better talent than RW was IMO, he's also only 24 yrs old.

It isn't all about the numbers with Cooper either, it's about the impact he has on the offense. He will definitely concern teams a helluva lot more than TW, Hurns, Thompson and even Beasley

Yes, well, he better open things up for others and put up elite numbers like the other big names in the league -- esp since he's about to pull down $14M.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
End of tweet, I believe first statement, I dont believe the second.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Cooper: Where are the pick plays?

Linehan: Huh?

Cooper: Where are the bunch formations?

Linehan: Huh?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This nimrod wouldnt even be the head janitor at your local elementary school and yet this is our President of player personnel. Never mind double down, we gonna triple down.

Top Bottom