Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Imagine that, put a big strong guy in the slot instead of the obligatory midget. Sound familiar? Like what I've been calling for the last few years?

Throw tall balls and make em tackle big physical guys. Would have saved Dez's career. Probably Romo's too. Dez would have been lethal in the slot for 8 or 9 times a game.

Reaction score
Fucking laughing stocks.

I tried to wait so that I could try and calm down before posting, but I just can't do it because of the galactic stupidity of Jerry Jones.

This is the third time he's going to get burned giving up 1st rounders for WRs.

I just can't fucking believe my eyes anymore. Surely nobody is this fucking stupid, right? Especially with having been burned two previous times making this same stupid-assed move, right?

Reaction score
I just can't wrap my mind around this. It will most likely be a top 10 pick that we just flushed down the toilet.

Next year's draft with a high pick was the only hope I had going forward, and now Jerry has killed that hope, FUCKING BASTARD.

Hurry up Vince, and get the XFL back up and running. There is no hope for me in the NFL any longer.

Reaction score
1999 - trade a 3rd round pick for James McKnight (nobody remembers this guy).

2000 - trade two first round picks for Joey Galloway who immediately blows a knee out, and never even lives up to justifying even a 4th rounder for him.

2008 - trade a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams who is a complete bust his time with Dallas.

2018 - trade a 1st for Amari Cooper - a drop prone player who does "not love football", could have been had for far cheaper, and wasn't worth giving up picks for.

This is why the NFL needs a conflict of interest rule where owners may not name themselves GM or coach.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fucking laughing stocks.

I tried to wait so that I could try and calm down before posting, but I just can't do it because of the galactic stupidity of Jerry Jones.

I just can't fucking believe my eyes anymore. Surely nobody is this fucking stupid, right? Especially with having been burned two previous times making this same stupid-assed move, right?

3rd time's the charm?

Reaction score
There's a very small group trying to defend this move. Fans of other teams are pointing and laughing at the Cowboys right now, and these idiots can only counter it with "let the haters hate". Newsflash: when haters are APPROVING of the stupid moves you make it should clue you in that you are making a very foolish decision. This is why I told that Giants fan recently that no matter how bad the Giants look you still have hope because Jerry Jones is not involved with running your team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was listening to one of the podcasts and they made a point that I hadn’t really thought about and that should scare the shit out of all of us.

By Jeruh giving up our first round pick for next season (which has a high likelihood of being a top ten pick) then he is basically doubling down on Dak as our franchise QB because he just gave up his ability to draft his replacement in the next draft

That alone should prove to all of us that he plans on Dak being the future QB for us

Reaction score
I was listening to one of the podcasts and they made a point that I hadn’t really thought about and that should scare the shit out of all of us.

By Jeruh giving up our first round pick for next season (which has a high likelihood of being a top ten pick) then he is basically doubling down on Dak as our franchise QB because he just gave up his ability to draft his replacement in the next draft

That alone should prove to all of us that he plans on Dak being the future QB for us

It also lets us all know Garrett isn't getting fired this year even if we finish 3-13.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It also lets us all know Garrett isn't getting fired this year even if we finish 3-13.

I’m not so sure about that

Although I will never believe Jeruh will fire his ass until I see it

But you can also look at it this way...
This is Jeruh giving Garrett the tools he needs to succeed so that there can be no excuse of not having a number one WR

Reaction score
I’m not so sure about that

I am sure. 100%. A dumbshit that would make the same mistake for a third time, and set this franchise back again is definitely going to stick with the worst game day coach in the league.

From now on just figure out what the most moronic decision would be, and that is the one that Jones will make. Change my mind.

Reaction score
BREAKING: Dipshit GM still a dipshit.

Step 1) Don't fire Garrett after last season.

Step 2) Hire Helen Moore as QB coach when there literally are better qualified candidates in the stands any given Sunday.

Step 3) Completely ignore the WR and TE position in the off season so that you panic before the halfway point.

Step 4) Throw away what will be a high 1st round draft choice to repeat a historically bad mistake you have made TWICE before.

Step 5) Change the team name and logo to Clown Shoes.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not at all, since it was posted about 6 hours ago and was quickly debunked thereafter.

the tweet is pretty much saying that DAL was the only team offering OAK a 1st round pick

and to that affect hes right. -OAK got interest from other teams but no higher than a 2nd. and they told teams they were holding out for a 1st

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody remotely surprised by this.

This has been debunked somewhat, as Philly offered their 2nd rd pick.

Now could we have offered a 2nd and something else and maybe got the deal done? Possibly, but the idea that we "were bidding against ourselves" is not true according to numerous reports. Indy apparently made an offer as well.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
starting to think the trade was pretty stupid because you gave up way too much

DAL has been hitting in the 1st round

all these reports are coming out ... or maybe you wanna consider them to be half speculation ... but lets say you wanna look at it like this

- "well cooper is 24 yrs old and DAL thinks hes better than any of the top 20 WR's coming out in 2019"

lemme counter that w/

- why are you limiting yourself to WR in the 1st round ??

- and why are you limiting yourself to top 20 ??

the division is so tight again that you never know. DAL must feel pretty good that they can catapult themselves over WAS and PHI as the schedule gets harder

the whole thing is very risky and looks like a desperate move to try to help DALs offense

but, alas i am saddest about losing brice butler

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fucking laughing stocks.

It might not work out (again) as you note, but each case is its own deal. Just because the other two didn't work (both a long time ago anyway) doesn't mean you never consider it again.

I didn't want to see us part with a 1st either, but I do like the player and there probably no better options in the draft (based on several draft guru comments since yesterday, including Gil Brandt) or via free agency next year.

Top Bottom