Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Lord. I was tied up at work most of the day only to come home and see this. It's so hard to be a fan of this team. This is another trade that will go down in Cowboy's infamy. And just wait until Dak can't get him the football and we traded a 1st for a WR who may get 300 or 400 yards here. I just wish the season and the 2018 draft is over so I don't have to deal with the Raiders having a top 10 pick. How disgusting.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And just wait until Dak can't get him the football and we traded a 1st for a WR who may get 300 or 400 yards here.
Come contract negotiation time, this may well come up. "Look kid, we spent a 1st round pick trying to help you. We did everything we could for you. You're not getting the long-term mega deal."

It's a removing excuses type move. Garrett, Linehan and Dak excuses.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come contract negotiation time, this may well come up. "Look kid, we spent a 1st round pick trying to help you. We did everything we could for you. You're not getting the long-term mega deal."

It's a removing excuses type move. Garrett, Linehan and Dak excuses.

So what? We spend a 1st round pick on a WR as some sort of leverage to sign a scrub QB to a "reasonable" deal? He shouldn't even be resigned.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here is a huge current problem. Set aside the concussion, drops, and questionable love of the game: If this guy isnt the primary target on short routes I dont see him as particularly useful which of course isnt his game. For him to stretch the field which I assume is why he was brought here, the defense has to think the QB can get it to him. I just dont see him drawing double coverage for that reason.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Chucky is a smart guy getting rid of tons of cap $$ & stock piling 5 #1s in the next 2 yrs. The league may be laughing at him/Oak now, but by 2020, they won't be. Dallas gave up waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for a WR that cannot take the top off a defense & has a bad case of the dropsies.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Chucky is a smart guy getting rid of tons of cap $$ & stock piling 5 #1s in the next 2 yrs. The league may be laughing at him/Oak now, but by 2020, they won't be. Dallas gave up waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for a WR that cannot take the top off a defense & has a bad case of the dropsies.

Dont laugh to quick there G Men but your team is supposedly looking hard at Carr. Maybe two number ones.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
b1707727f5110e8898c1d291ca051f98.png

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep everyday is painful reminder that Bob Ackles is dead and gone. Mike Lynn too.

damn, didn't realized he passed away. He's got a good book (The Water Boy: From the Sidelines to the Owner's Box: Inside the CFL, the XFL, and the NFL) that gives insight to some of the crap that went down when jeri bought the team

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What do you suppose the odds are that Philly was only bidding to panic Jerry into giving up the first? Not like receiver's a pressing need for them...

They were one of the first teams that was mentioned last week as a potential trade partner for Cooper

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think at an absolute minimum the addition of Cooper at least makes some teams think a little more about what types of fronts and coverages they can use on us. He's a hell of a lot better than Hurns, Thompson, T Williams and Butler (now gone again)

If they were smart (yeah I know, IF) they'd pretty much play exclusively Cooper, Gallup and Beasley at WR and quit rotating the lesser players in there so much. This at least has the appearance of a decent trio of WR's that can get open and make plays. Gallup is really coming on and could have probably exceeded 200yds yesterday with some better decisions from the QB.

Despite having what most perceive as a down yr on a very bad Oakland team, Cooper does have two 100+ yd games this year (10 for 116 and 8 for 128). He had back to back 1000+ yd seasons and went to the Probowl in each of his first two yrs, and has a penchant for big plays. He had a 210 yd game last yr vs KC and has 13 career 100+ yd games.

The drop thing is a concern, but as I mentioned earlier I don't really remember him dropping a lot of balls at Alabama, and he was a dominant player for them the day he set foot on campus throughout his career. He's only 24.

Gil Brant posted late today that he didn't have a single WR currently rated in his top 25 picks for next yrs draft, he said he based this off his initial rating of his top-50 draft eligible players. (Seniors or Underclassman)

Top Bottom