dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Missed a regular season game for the first time since the season opener in 1991 at Cleveland, the first game of the Norv Turner era.

There have been a number of games I missed live but either taped or DVR'd them and watched as soon as I could, but yesterday is the first time I have out and out missed, and will not watch a Cowboy regular season game in 27+ years. I had the game DVR'd because I was traveling, and spent the entire flight trying to look out the window or sleep because the dude in the same row as me in the aisle seat was watching the game on live-TV during the flight. The one time I was hoping Delta's stupid in-flight entertainment would suck and not work, it worked.

I knew based on the time it was getting close to the end of the game and the flight attendant came by to give us drinks/snacks, I tried again not to look at the dudes TV, but the guy made some commentary about the Cowboys doing what the Cowboys always do (I also couldn't help noticing the Redskins sideline and crowd going crazy, so I knew what had happened)

Once we landed, I just decided to jump on my phone and read what happened, along with seeing a few highlights/lowlights.

So WHAT FINALLY HAPPENED isn't so much that I missed the game and will not watch it (I deleted the DVR'd game as soon as I got home), no WHAT FINALLY HAPPENED is that Jerry and his idiot fucktard head coach and moved me to the point that I absolutely, positively, 110% just don't give a fucking shit anymore. Once I read how the team was so pathetically unprepared (AGAIN) for such an important game, read the team could barely average 2.0 yds per rush (EVERY SINGLE TEAM THE REDSKINS HAVE PLAYED RAN IT BETTER THAN WE DID), that Prescott had two horrendous fumbles and missed numerous opportunities with wide open guys (again), that the team had a multitude of penalties (again) and that the FUCKING SORRIEST PIECE OF SHIT LOSER HEADCOACH IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL PLAYED FOR A MOTHERFUCKING LONG FIELDGOAL TO TIE THE GAME ON A TORN UP GRASS FIELD IN WINDY CONDITIONS, once I read all this, I just said to myself "it isn't worth it".

Fuck this garbage. It should not be this hard to field a winner with the Dallas Cowboys brand, yet Jones' complete ineptitude and egomaniac mentality has made this BY FAR the most dreadful run in the long, distinguished history of the team. I've been about as die-hard a fan of the Cowboys as there is since 1975, and for the first time in my life I honestly don't give a shit anymore. If that fucking clown owner and his dumbass son don't care anymore about winning than this, why should I care to spend 3+ hours a week watching this garbage? It's like picking up the same book by the same author and reading it every week for 23 yrs, expecting to see a different conclusion.

I missed yesterdays game and will not view it, and it wont be the last time this happens. I could never pull for another team, but my days of getting to a sports bar to see a game live when it isn't on national TV or rushing home to view the game on DVR as soon as I could are O V E R.

FUCK YOU JONES AND FUCK YOU GARRETT

Reaction score
Diminishing returns has to set in at some point. There was a poll at Reality's Shithouse recently about firing Garrett, and it was approximately 94% wanting him fired. If Homer Central is that united in negativity then can the general fan be that far behind? I think over 1000 people participated in that poll which is a good statistical sampling.

In a weird, Twilight Zone sort of way I am really curious to see the general reaction next season when Jerry trots Garrett right back out there yet again. Surely the ratings and revenues must crash at that point. If not then Jerry wins, I give up, and hope to God that Vince McMahon learned from his own mistakes, and those of the NFL for when XFL 2 launches.

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I tuned in at the end of the game just in time to see the Redskins go up by 10 with the end zone fumble TD. All I could do was laugh at the Doink FG. I said the Bailey move would cost the Cowboys at least 2 games this year. I said JG didn't have the killer instinct 8 years ago and he still doesn't......never will. LOSER!!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Good to see you're finally coming around, now if we can just get millions more to join the party

Sadly I no longer get upset when they lose and I actually enjoy seeing the team lose more than seeing them win now.

I like the turmoil it creates and hope it continues as that's the only hope of ever reaching the buffoons who own this team so let's hope for massive failure from here on out and for the next couple years because that's what it's going to take to even make a dent in their thinking

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
best "Day After Thoughts" ever. congrats on finally snapping. :fuzzyhugs

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

e6ea7a21881923d53dd0603c44fe7431.png

You needed a few more fuck you’s to give so I thought I’d help ya out

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dont think you guys know this, but jason garrett has been a victim all his life. and you all have been severely lacking in sensitivity towards his condition.

a new story will come out in the dallas morning news detailing the trials and tribulations of living with PRICKS

Penile
Resurgence
In
Constantly
Kickingfieldgoals
Syndrome

basically its fancy terminology for kicking field goals is the only way that jason garrett can get an erection. in fact, outside of using the bathroom and getting hard for field goals, the penis is mostly a 2nd little red belly button.

the garrett family was noticably worried once they had released dan bailey. the garrett sex life had been booming for a while there.

this whole post is ridiculous and i need to stop

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
i dont think you guys know this, but jason garrett has been a victim all his life. and you all have been severely lacking in sensitivity towards his condition.

the garrett family was noticably worried once they had released dan bailey. the garrett sex life had been booming for a while there.

this whole post is ridiculous and i need to stop

Admitting you have a problem is the first step brutha

Last edited:

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good to see you're finally coming around, now if we can just get millions more to join the party

Sadly I no longer get upset when they lose and I actually enjoy seeing the team lose more than seeing them win now.

I like the turmoil it creates and hope it continues as that's the only hope of ever reaching the buffoons who own this team so let's hope for massive failure from here on out and for the next couple years because that's what it's going to take to even make a dent in their thinking

I too now enjoy the turmoil that comes with losing as I love hearing what the guys at dc.com have to say after a loss
I love hearing Mickey "Jerra's Personal Buttlicker" Spagnola make excuses for the loss by siting how many things could have gone wrong if the Cowboys had actually tried to go for the win rather than play for loss, uh I mean tie!!
Made the same bs excuses after the 4th and 1 play in Houston and Broaddus took him to task
Talks scared just like Garrett coaches and that gets you an L every time...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I too now enjoy the turmoil that comes with losing as I love hearing what the guys at dc.com have to say after a loss
I love hearing Mickey "Jerra's Personal Buttlicker" Spagnola make excuses for the loss by siting how many things could have gone wrong if the Cowboys had actually tried to go for the win rather than play for loss, uh I mean tie!!
Made the same bs excuses after the 4th and 1 play in Houston and Broaddus took him to task
Talks scared just like Garrett coaches and that gets you an L every time...

speaking of Spagnola, I think we're all in agreement that this is what he says before a trade like Cooper happens:

lyjS7z0.png

What does he say after?

Everyone please chime in and help me come up with a spagnola phrase to justify the Cooper trade (or any other move they make for that matter) so I can make a new meme

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
speaking of Spagnola, I think we're all in agreement that this is what he says before a trade like Cooper happens:

lyjS7z0.png

What does he say after?

Everyone please chime in and help me come up with a spagnola phrase to justify the Cooper trade (or any other move they make for that matter) so I can make a new meme

that chipmunk looks like he had his face buried in a hole looking for nuts

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I lived in the DC area for 30 years. Once upon a time losing to the Skins pained me to no end. I almost went to the game Sunday since I had planned to go to the game since August. I was 10 minutes away from the stadium. I flew up there for the weekend but ended up hangin out at my parents and helping them out. My dad had surgery recently and I just did a lotta projects around the house that he cant do. It was cold and I knew I would be miserable sitting out there. I still was going back on forth on gong to the game. I even found a lower level, 30 yd line ticket for $150. I just decided to stay at my parents and watch on tv. We miss the FG and I just shrugged my shoulders. My apathy is at an all time high.

Its pathetic. I could have gone to the game and didnt want to go even though I was 10 minutes from the stadium. We lose and it caused no emotion or pain. Thanks Jerry!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I lived in the DC area for 30 years. Once upon a time losing to the Skins pained me to no end. I almost went to the game Sunday since I had planned to go to the game since August. I was 10 minutes away from the stadium. I flew up there for the weekend but ended up hangin out at my parents and helping them out. My dad had surgery recently and I just did a lotta projects around the house that he cant do. It was cold and I knew I would be miserable sitting out there. I still was going back on forth on gong to the game. I even found a lower level, 30 yd line ticket for $150. I just decided to stay at my parents and watch on tv. We miss the FG and I just shrugged my shoulders. My apathy is at an all time high.

Its pathetic. I could have gone to the game and didnt want to go even though I was 10 minutes from the stadium. We lose and it caused no emotion or pain. Thanks Jerry!

Thats rough i would consider hypnosis perhaps

New team suggestion would be the red sox

Just abandon football altogether youll be better off

Plus if you do it fast you can get yo goto a parade in a week or 2

Top Bottom