Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Since its apparent we're not going to see Ginger go, in the offseason we need to clean house from Linehan on down, on offense. And that includes this idiot offensive line coach, that needs to go NOW, who took us out of the zone blocking scheme we're manned for, and put in this 60s 'man blocking' crap we're seeing today. And the pass blocking is as ancient and idiotic.

We were warned last spring by a Bungles fan on here, what would happen with our offensive line. And he was right.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's a "throw away year" exactly, and what's Jerry's angle or reason for it?

A non cohesive staff cobbed together on one year deals. Talking Garretts the greatest is one thing, paying for it to make it happen is another. In other words he didnt go all in particularly on the coaching staff, underneath it all he is likely a non believer like the rest of us. You would likely only do that if you felt you might have get rid of this fraud end of year. I will grant you that it is probably hard to get quality assistants to come here for reasons we are all too familiar with. You still hear whispers that Garrett has to make a playoff run or else. I guess we'll find out in a couple months.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So, let's imagine the quarterback room at the Star. You have Dak, Cooper Rush, Mike White and Kellen Moore as their coach. What do they talk about and study? Who's breaking down the film? You have what, 6 total years NFL experience between them, max? Does Linehan meet with them, or even Garrett? Even with that what do you really have as teachers?

Not seeing the field can be corrected. Missing wide open guys can be corrected. Understanding when a blitz is coming can be taught. But what do you have as worthwhile teachers?

Dak has all the physical skills and tools you need in a NFL quarterback. And clearly he's not a dumbass. He needs leadership to develop the mental aspect of the game. Competent coaching and leadership.

Romo had three years learning from great teachers like Sean Payton among others, before seeing major playing time in real games. Dak has.... Kellen Moore?

We'll never find out Dak's ceiling with this incompetent irresponsible coaching. Or any other guy we play at QB either.

I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. I believe the problem with Dak and this offense is far more attributable to the coaching than it is on the player.

Exactly my point when they hired Helen as the QB coach in the off season.

I said it was a shitty idea then and it’s still a shitty idea now

There were ppl on here at the time that said don’t worry about it, it will be fine, and just because he was a shitty player who couldn’t make it in the NFL doesn’t mean he can’t teach

You know that old saying, “those that can’t do, teach”

Umm...
yea....

I call bullshit

Those that can’t do, teach others how to not be able to do

Good teachers/instructors teach from experience and not just “book smarts”

Practical knowledge of the subject you are teaching is extremely important

For example if you take a shitty salesman and ask him to teach others how to increase their sales, all he is going to be able to teach them is how to be a shitty salesman just like he was (I have seen this exact example in person more than once in business)

Jeruh allowing Linehan to talk him and Garrett into excepting this PUTZ as a fucking QB coach in charge of coaching the player who beat him out of his own job and caused his release from said team was just a fucking shit show waiting to happen

If Dak ever stood any chance at making it as an NFL QB that all went out the window when they put Helen Moore in charge of his future development.

(Just did a search for an image of the Putz to add to this post and the title attached to the first image that came up says it all)

ff45d1e1b087ea56b1e7cc3986c4b6ee.png

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Exactly my point when they hired Helen as the QB coach in the off season.

I said it was a shitty idea then and it’s still a shitty idea now

There were ppl on here at the time that said don’t worry about it, it will be fine, and just because he was a shitty player who couldn’t make it in the NFL doesn’t mean he can’t teach
I sure don't remember any of that coming from the DCU. I remember it being a pretty much universal groan and I kept mocking Ginger, quoting his "Moore knows the system" line. Perhaps you were missing the sarcasm among the Universors?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I sure don't remember any of that coming from the DCU. I remember it being a pretty much universal groan and I kept mocking Ginger, quoting his "Moore knows the system" line. Perhaps you were missing the sarcasm among the Universors?

There was a short timer named coach something or other that said I didn’t know what I was talking about when I was bitching about Helen Moore being a shit choice to be in charge of Dak’s development

Plus there was a regular who said we’d be fine with Helen as our QB coach. But I can’t remember who it was

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And this is why we lose. We needed to call a TO after the first down there and regroup. We let way too much time off the clock.

Who the fuck plays for a long FG JUST TO TIE THE GAME on a shitty field in really windy conditions?

Oh that's right, the worst fucking headcoach a team could possibly have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hate this team. I hate this coaching. I hate our clock management. And I hate our QB.

Yep.

Another season with a fairly talented team, just pissed down the toilet because of absolutely putrid coaching.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
here is something else that pisses me off. These fucking reporters that cover this team are a bunch of wimps....never will ask Garrett tough questions. I swear all these reporters must sit down to pee.

And this is part of the reason the clod continues to survive as HC, because NOBODY puts any pressure on the team to instill change.

The really good writers who used to cover the team years ago would have been ripping Garrett a new one for years, instead the local media there is just as cream-puff as the lame ass HC we have.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL I was thinking the same thing but I think its just Garretts conservative mo, he's always playing not to lose vs playing to win

Garrett revealed his conservative side yet again…3rd and whatever with 12 seconds left and he has a timeout & what does he do?

Runs it to set up a field goal for a tie instead of trying to get a TD (he can still throw to the middle of the field with one timeout left), then of course we see what ensued.

He always goes the conservative route, coaching out of fear giving the team ZERO chance of winning but an extra chance of losing

kudus jeri & spawn

Dude, Garrett isn't conservative, he's just a fucking LOSER.

THAT's THE ISSUE.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed for the NFL. They field refs that make JG look competent. How do you make that call in that situation?

When Tony Dungy (former Pittsburgh Steeler) says they were screwed by the ref, that pretty much seals it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. I believe the problem with Dak and this offense is far more attributable to the coaching than it is on the player.

Everything that is wrong with the team is solvable with a competent HC and staff.

They have a journeymen type playing C (who has done a commendable job so far) but the other 4 guys were all legit 1st rd talents on the OL, and this team cant block its way out of a wet paper-bag.

They make asinine mistakes at the worst times. They miss tackles left and right. They cant force turnovers or rush the QB with any consistency even when playing teams with bad OL's or poor QB's.

There's too much talent on this team (again) to be this fucking mediocre.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jeruh will give Garrett a pat on the ass as he jogs into the locker room clapping all the way after the game

For a “good effort”

According to the postgame report I read, Jones made a beeline for the airport and refused to talk to the team or anyone in the media.

Probably meant he was just too hammered and had probably shit his Depends, but apparently he bolted.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As many of us have said repeatedly: You knew this was a throw away year in Jerry's mind when he trotted Helen out there as his QB coach. I mean WTF? Who couldnt see this coming.

A QB coach shouldn't make the entire team mediocre.

The entire staff is incompetent. The HC is the worst in the league. The OL coach has been a massive bust. The defense cant get consistent pressure or create turnovers to save their life.

Reaction score
The fact that this franchise has been around .500 for about a decade now under Garrett (Head Coach in Waiting, and Head Coach) let's me know that had there been quality coaches instead of Garrett the Cowboys would probably have gone 11-5 or better most years and contended for the SB in at least some of those years.

This is another reason why I will always tell people who try to hold up the Cowboys value as some sort of proof of Jone's "genius" that the team would be worth considerably more if I owned them this whole time instead. Coaches like Garrett and decisions like hiring a guy with less resume' than the water boy to coach a struggling, would be franchise QB would never even enter my mind. I would demand only the best coaches on the planet come anywhere near my beloved Cowboys.

Jones is actually losing money from where the Cowboys should be. Had the franchise been run as it should be there would probably be 2 more trophies in the case, and a Forbes value of 10 billion dollars.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, let's imagine the quarterback room at the Star. You have Dak, Cooper Rush, Mike White and Kellen Moore as their coach. What do they talk about and study? Who's breaking down the film? You have what, 6 total years NFL experience between them, max? Does Linehan meet with them, or even Garrett? Even with that what do you really have as teachers?

Not seeing the field can be corrected. Missing wide open guys can be corrected. Understanding when a blitz is coming can be taught. But what do you have as worthwhile teachers?

Dak has all the physical skills and tools you need in a NFL quarterback. And clearly he's not a dumbass. He needs leadership to develop the mental aspect of the game. Competent coaching and leadership.

At what point do we hold the guy playing the most important position on the field accountable? Yes, I despise Garrett and his staff. But I can also see the issues as the QB position. Dak is who Dak always was.

Romo had three years learning from great teachers like Sean Payton among others, before seeing major playing time in real games. Dak has.... Kellen Moore?

Payton was maligned in New York and had his play calling stripped while he was OC only two years after NY went to the SB with Payton as OC. Sometimes, you can only do so much with the talent you have.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
When you have a shit pie, everyone gets a slice.
It's our "Hall of Fame" owner/GM.
It's our "COY" head coach.
It's our missing All star center.
It's our dollar store receiving corps.
It's our erratic and just lately, butterfingered QB.
Oh, we can put some whipped cream (Zeke, Lee, DLaw,etc) on it, but when you get to filling, it's still shit.
Eat up, Cowboys.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When you have a shit pie, everyone gets a slice.
It's our "Hall of Fame" owner/GM.
It's our "COY" head coach.
It's our missing All star center.
It's our dollar store receiving corps.
It's our erratic and just lately, butterfingered QB.
Oh, we can put some whipped cream (Zeke, Lee, DLaw,etc) on it, but when you get to filling, it's still shit.
Eat up, Cowboys.

That was a grand slam six. Ball hasnt landed yet.

Top Bottom