Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You’re god damn right !!!!! I’m from jersey ( obvious). I live 5 minutes from MetLife stadium where the smurfs play. Dude, dak and Garrett would be on a rotisserie over an open fire in the parking lot for this . Bet yo ass on that !!!!

Jeruh will give Garrett a pat on the ass as he jogs into the locker room clapping all the way after the game

For a “good effort”

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And this HC doesn's trust his 3rd year (future franchise) QB enough to throw it with 12 seconds left and a TO in his pocket. Fuck you Garrett and fuck you Dak for making me watch this abortion QB clinic.

LOL I was thinking the same thing but I think its just Garretts conservative mo, he's always playing not to lose vs playing to win

Garrett revealed his conservative side yet again…3rd and whatever with 12 seconds left and he has a timeout & what does he do?

Runs it to set up a field goal for a tie instead of trying to get a TD (he can still throw to the middle of the field with one timeout left), then of course we see what ensued.

He always goes the conservative route, coaching out of fear giving the team ZERO chance of winning but an extra chance of losing

kudus jeri & spawn

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL I was thinking the same thing but I think its just Garretts conservative mo, he's always playing not to lose vs playing to win

Garrett revealed his conservative side yet again…3rd and whatever with 12 seconds left and he has a timeout & what does he do?

Runs it to set up a field goal for a tie instead of trying to get a TD (he can still throw to the middle of the field with one timeout left), then of course we see what ensued.

He always goes the conservative route, coaching out of fear giving the team ZERO chance of winning but an extra chance of losing

kudus jeri & spawn

And while I hate Garrett and Dak, that in no way excuses the absolutely pathetic call on the long snapper in that situation. I mean, really? How do you call that at that point in the game? The DL didn't get fooled by the ball movement. He was trying to beat/time the snap to block the FG. The NFL has become a joke in and of itself.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed for the NFL. They field refs that make JG look competent. How do you make that call in that situation?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
When was the last time you remember our Long Snapper (the longest tenured player on the team) get a penalty for any reason whatsoever?

I can’t ever remember him being penalized before

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And while I hate Garrett and Dak, that in no way excuses the absolutely pathetic call on the long snapper in that situation. I mean, really? How do you call that at that point in the game?
The Blue Jersey Jinx, I'm tellin ya.
Because Texans are a bunch of pussies.
Except, we're not. You really think most of those reporters are native Texans?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Except, we're not. You really think most of those reporters are native Texans?

I don't know what they are, but Texans should run their sorry ass out of town. It shouldn't be acceptable. But it is.

It used to be "everything's bigger in Texas," "remember the Alamo" and "one riot, one ranger." Not anymore. Jerry's made a home there selling snake oil to the natives.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It should be clear to everyone now, including those of you who may have been holding out hope that Dak would somehow turn back into the QB he was his rookie year that that is simply never going to happen

He should never be a franchise QB

Here is my take on the situation. We need to lose every last game this season and we need to lose them in stunning fashion!

Anything less and we stand a chance of Dak becoming our franchise QB for the next five years and being paid a record amount of money for the privilege

If Dak keeps up with this one good game then one shitty game for the rest of the season that will be enough for Jeruh to extend him.

Unless Dak completely shits the bed and makes it impossible for Jeruh to make him our franchise QB that is exactly what will happen

There needs to be absolutely no question that Dak is NOT the next franchise QB. Otherwise Jeruh gives him the Benefit of the doubt and pays the man

And.....

Even worse he may even extend Garrett’s contract

We need to lose every game and we need to lose them badly so that Jeruh has zero chance of extending either of them

Otherwise we will have at least another half decade of fandom wasted

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It should be clear to everyone now, including those of you who may have been holding out hope that Dak would somehow turn back into the QB he was his rookie year that that is simply never going to happen

He should never be a franchise QB

Here is my take on the situation. We need to lose every last game this season and we need to lose them in stunning fashion!

Anything less and we stand a chance of Dak becoming our franchise QB for the next five years and being paid a record amount of money for the privilege

If Dak keeps up with this one good game then one shitty game for the rest of the season that will be enough for Jeruh to extend him.

Unless Dak completely shits the bed and makes it impossible for Jeruh to make him our franchise QB that is exactly what will happen

There needs to be absolutely no question that Dak is NOT the next franchise QB. Otherwise Jeruh gives him the Benefit of the doubt and pays the man

And.....

Even worse he may even extend Garrett’s contract

We need to lose every game and we need to lose them badly so that Jeruh has zero chance of extending either of them

Otherwise we will have at least another half decade of fandom wasted

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think he's the long-term answer either, but he did display a lot of toughness today (sideline hit and the rushing TD). Even the 4th quarter sack and strip was more of a coverage sack. The leaky, penalty-prone O-line and lack of a running game were much bigger culprits in this loss.

The lack of a running game will be a common theme with Prescott as Zeke keeps running into stacked lines. And sooner or later, Dak will break. That running BS is not sustainable and we won't win many games like that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

While I agree that toughness is a fine quality to have in a QB, it is one that won’t win you games alone.

He may be able to take a hit and keep on ticking, but if he can’t get the ball to a WR accurately then being able to take a hit is about all he is good for because that’s all he is going to be doing his entire career

Don’t get me wrong, I love not having to hold my breath every time anybody even brushes up against our QB leaving me wondering if he’s going to get back up again or get carted off the field.

It’s a refreshing change after made of glass Romo

But being able to take a hit is sooo far down on the list of qualities we need in our franchise QB

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, let's imagine the quarterback room at the Star. You have Dak, Cooper Rush, Mike White and Kellen Moore as their coach. What do they talk about and study? Who's breaking down the film? You have what, 6 total years NFL experience between them, max? Does Linehan meet with them, or even Garrett? Even with that what do you really have as teachers?

Not seeing the field can be corrected. Missing wide open guys can be corrected. Understanding when a blitz is coming can be taught. But what do you have as worthwhile teachers?

Dak has all the physical skills and tools you need in a NFL quarterback. And clearly he's not a dumbass. He needs leadership to develop the mental aspect of the game. Competent coaching and leadership.

Romo had three years learning from great teachers like Sean Payton among others, before seeing major playing time in real games. Dak has.... Kellen Moore?

We'll never find out Dak's ceiling with this incompetent irresponsible coaching. Or any other guy we play at QB either.

I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. I believe the problem with Dak and this offense is far more attributable to the coaching than it is on the player.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo had three years learning from great teachers like Sean Payton among others, before seeing major playing time in real games. Dak has.... Kellen Moore?
As many of us have said repeatedly: You knew this was a throw away year in Jerry's mind when he trotted Helen out there as his QB coach. I mean WTF? Who couldnt see this coming.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As many of us have said repeatedly: You knew this was a throw away year in Jerry's mind when he trotted Helen out there as his QB coach. I mean WTF? Who couldnt see this coming.

What's a "throw away year" exactly, and what's Jerry's angle or reason for it?

Top Bottom