Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Report: Chargers PSL Sales 'A Struggle'; NFL to Discuss Team's Viability in LA | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
d39eabd62709e13e2d1f5d647b86e39b.png

I knew this shit was going to happen. No one wants the Chargers here in L.A.

They may boot their asses back to San Diego. They have revised their initial revenue goals for PSL’s from $400m all the way down to $150m

The Chargers currently have the worst attendance in the NFL. They have the smallest venue in the NFL at 27k seats and still struggle selling tickets each week.

GTFOH! And go back home where you belong

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Report: Chargers PSL Sales 'A Struggle'; NFL to Discuss Team's Viability in LA | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
d39eabd62709e13e2d1f5d647b86e39b.png

I knew this shit was going to happen. No one wants the Chargers here in L.A.

They may boot their asses back to San Diego. They have revised their initial revenue goals for PSL’s from $400m all the way down to $150m

The Chargers currently have the worst attendance in the NFL. They have the smallest venue in the NFL at 27k seats and still struggle selling tickets each week.

GTFOH! And go back home where you belong

Yea, Stevie Wonder could see this before the move from San Diego.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is going to be interesting to see is how they would move back to SD.

They couldn’t get the money together for a new stadium and that was why they left in the first place. Which pissed off a bunch of their fans. So it might be a shit show even if they do find a way to make it work back in SD

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Kroenke is an actual billionaire, Spanos not so much. The whole stadium is being built with Kroenke's money, the Chargers are merely renters with a sweet heart deal. I would imagine the whole thing could be undone financially but not sure the Chargers would be warmly welcomed back to SD without new ownership.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just about every one on Earth predicted this would happen well before the move. Spanos went ahead and did it anyway.
Sucks to be them, I guess.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They couldn’t sell out (or anything close to that) at home in SD.

Then they move to the smallest stadium in the NFL at 27k seats. They have to block off large sections of seats with team banners each game and they can’t even sell that stadium out here in L.A.

And they somehow thought they would be able sell $400m in PSL’s?

Then they drop that number all the way down to $150m and they can’t even sell that out in a brand new stadium

Chargers....
Just go away

No one wants you!
Not even Jeruh wanted you

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Chargers....
Just go away

No one wants you!
Not even Jeruh wanted you
Jerruh wanted it, wanted it really baaad. But his did talked him out of it (aka, wouldn't front the money.)

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Chargers are basically the homeless of the NFL. The city of Carson were seeing dollar signs a few years ago. I guess they thought that the gravy train will come from the locals. It"s not happening.

In my humble opinion, the Chargers will be back in San Diego within the next 10 years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They have no support

The fans from San Diego are pissed that they left

They never had a fan base in L.A.

So no one supports them here in Los Angeles

They would literally have more support if they did end up in London. Wherever they go it needs to be totally out of California if they stand any chance at getting ppl to follow the team

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They have no support

The fans from San Diego are pissed that they left

They never had a fan base in L.A.

So no one supports them here in Los Angeles

They would literally have more support if they did end up in London. Wherever they go it needs to be totally out of California if they stand any chance at getting ppl to follow the team

Sorry, I had a customer....

Ok, where was I.....I do agree that their fan base will be bigger somewhere else. I am not sure them residing in London. On a talk show (510 AM or 710 AM), the issue of travel was discussed. The crossing multiple time zones, especially traveling to the West Coast could possibly be an issue. I did not hear the whole conversation but that was a valid point.

I have been thinking, "Where the Chargers would fit?". The only cities I can come up so far are Portland, Oklahoma City (??) and Sacramento. When I attended San Diego State in the mid 1980's, many people I met in San Diego were fans other than the Chargers (Raiders, Rams, 49ers--the Northern Cal contigent). The song "San Diego Superchargers" is still in my head--LOL.

Last edited:

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Spanos is a fucktard when it comes to football operations. He fired Marty Schottenheimer because some staff coaches took better offers.
He's going to get his ass in a sling over this shit right here. It would not surprise me if the NFL is waving this London thing around to make him get off his wallet and his head out of his ass.
He's a sober, more stupid Jerry Jones.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He’s already in a heap of trouble

They can’t sell the PNL’s even after dropping the price.

He can’t hold up his end of the financial agreement to move to the new stadium with the Rams. Not even close!

The Chargers moving to London ain’t gonna happen.

But them moving to another city besides Los Angeles might be a viable option.

They are essentially the red headed stepchild of SoCal that nobody wants around any more. Not even their own fan base from San Diego. They are pissed because they left SD. And they sure as hell ain’t driving up to LA for the games on Sundays.

Their 30k seat temporary stadium looks like it’s a home game for the opposing team each week. And they can’t even sell that out even with the opposing fans buying a bulk of the tickets

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Spanos needs to sell, he and Mark Davis are the two pauper owners amongst the billionaires. They somebody like Steve Ballmer to buy them and move them back to SD, and build a stadium with his own money. Kroenke hates Spanos, left him a nice 250 million dollar hole in his stadium budget because they could sell PSLs. On top of that the league is asking the NFLPA to make up for this short fall in the next collective bargaining. Cant make this shit up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Commentator on radio yesterday said the Chargers game looked like a LA Lakers home game with all the purple.

More Goodell and NFL FAIL

"hey, lets put TWO more teams in LA!!!!! After all the NFL has only failed multiple times there"

Top Bottom