Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The win over the Jags last week has lulled you all
Well, it wasn't just a win. We hung a fortyburger on a top AFC team with one of the best defenses in the league. It's not like we won by a late FG by the skin of our teeth. We busted them up.

Reaction score
The Jags aren't doing themselves any favors. They continue to be terrible in the first half, and are once again losing the turnover battle. They miss Fournette really bad on offense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Jags aren't doing themselves any favors. They continue to be terrible in the first half, and are once again losing the turnover battle. They miss Fournette really bad on offense.

It's a textbook case of what happens when a team completely loses its chemistry. Their coach just changed the mix though, benching Bortles and putting in Kessler.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jags get the TD despite the false call by the refs, and Curly Lambeau's great-great-grandson nails the extra point. 20-7 Texans.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The eagles just lost

At least we will remain tied for second place in the division after today’s loss

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The eagles just lost

At least we will remain tied for second place in the division after today’s loss

Orrr, the October legend Garrett racks up another win, then Jerry can throw 3 first rounders at Oakland for Amare Cooper.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The win over the Jags last week has lulled you all into a false sense of security

We shot our load last week. It’s time for reality to creep back in and once again remind the world what Garrett’s Cowboys truly are

Winner winner chicken dinner!

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It amazes me that people still believe the Cowboys are going anywhere.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo's finally going to the Super Bowl. So there's that.

Brilliant!

That made my night Dooms. Thanks for making me choke on my bourbon. At least it was the cheap stuff tonight lol

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't just a win. We hung a fortyburger on a top AFC team with one of the best defenses in the league. It's not like we won by a late FG by the skin of our teeth. We busted them up.

A lot of good it did us

Again...

False sense of security!

We can’t win two games in a row. And now we have a bye next week. We are notorious for coming out flat after a week off. So expect us to lose the next game too.

We could play the Cards after the bye and still lose.

Unless they fire Garrett during the bye. Then we might stand a chance.

Hell, Garrett could trade places with Sean McVay and take the undefeated Rams in a divisional game vs the Cardinals and still find a way to coach the Rams to a loss

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
A lot of good it did us

Again...

False sense of security!

We can’t win two games in a row. And now we have a bye next week. We are notorious for coming out flat after a week off. So expect us to lose the next game too.

We could play the Cards after the bye and still lose.

Unless they fire Garrett during the bye. Then we might stand a chance.

Seeing how Jacksonville really stunk up the place vs Houston today took all the luster off our bust up of them last week. They look horrible and clearly all we did was bust up a team that's in total disarray.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seeing how Jacksonville really stunk up the place vs Houston today took all the luster off our bust up of them last week. They look horrible and clearly all we did was bust up a team that's in total disarray.

It all comes back to a false sense of security

We beat a team who ppl were talking about making the SB

As it turns out they aren’t the team everyone thought they were (us beating them the way we did clearly proved that)

We didn’t do anything spectacular in beating them. We just did it when we weren’t supposed to

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It all comes back to a false sense of security
That's possible for casual homeristic fans and I don't presume to speak for anyone else, but I for one know that I picked Dallas to win with trepidation. That's why I only gave it a 2 on my 1-6 scale. I had no sense of security whatsoever.

Then when I saw they were rotating Lee and VanderEsch? All doubt was confirmed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have proven we can play without Lee this year

Which was certainly NOT the case last season. When Lee was out the team totally fell apart but this season we have not only done well without Lee we seem to have excelled without him

With his injury history I say it’s a good idea to finally move on from him and get whatever value we can for him at this point. (Before he gets injured again this season which is a 100% certainty and decreases his value further)

Maybe get some WR help in here which we so badly need.

Otherwise just rotate him in an attempt to keep him from spraining his vagina until the end of the season. Then turn him into a LB coach. He damn near is right now anyway.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Otherwise just rotate him in
No.... NO rotation!

What they should have done, although he was good to go this week, was give him the extra week off then during the bye week, figure out a way to play him without benching our leading tackler. Surely our defensive geniuses know you keep your best 11 on the field? That means The Gimp at Mike, and Lee and LVE as Sam and Will. Am I missing something?

When Lee isn't in, The Gimp is making the defensive calls. Then when Lee comes in, he's making the calls. How's that really going to work moving forward? Only one player can have the radio in his hat. Maybe I have that wrong and The Gimp was making all the calls regardless of personnel?

Now granted, the defense didn't completely suck today. It held them to 13 earned points. But it was quite evident they suffered from communication issues and blown assignments at times.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is a return to the NFC in Kelvin Benjamin's future? It's possible based on a report from ESPN's Dan Graziano.

According to Graziano, the Dallas Cowboys have explored a trade for Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper. However, they're also monitoring the Buffalo Bills receiver ahead of the trade deadline.

"Adding to this," Graziano tweeted, "I am told other WR names the Cowboys are monitoring include Buffalo's Kelvin Benjamin and Miami's DeVante Parker. Cowboys still not sure whether they'll make a move for a WR. Also looking for help at safety, but that'd be more of a depth move."

Benjamin is in the final year of his rookie contract. Acquired from the Carolina Panthers at the trade deadline last season, Benjamin has not made much of an impact in Buffalo. In 2017, Benjamin caught 16 passes for 217 yards and one touchdown in six games. Entering today's game against the Colts, Benjamin has 10 receptions for 146 yards and one receiving touchdown.

Brandon Beane hasn't been afraid to make deals since taking over as Bills general manager, but wide receiver is one position where the Bills are lacking depth. On Sunday, Benjamin was one of four wide receivers active on the roster. If the team were to move Benjamin, they'd be left with Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, Cam Phillips and Ray-Ray McCloud as their top four wide receivers. Buffalo also has two wide receivers, Robert Foster and Hunter Sharp, on their practice squad.

Cowboys monitoring Buffalo Bills' Kelvin Benjamin ahead of trade deadline | NewYorkUpstate.com

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No.... NO rotation!

What they should have done, although he was good to go this week, was give him the extra week off then during the bye week, figure out a way to play him without benching our leading tackler. Surely our defensive geniuses know you keep your best 11 on the field? That means The Gimp at Mike, and Lee and LVE as Sam and Will. Am I missing something?

When Lee isn't in, The Gimp is making the defensive calls. Then when Lee comes in, he's making the calls. How's that really going to work moving forward? Only one player can have the radio in his hat. Maybe I have that wrong and The Gimp was making all the calls regardless of personnel?

Now granted, the defense didn't completely suck today. It held them to 13 earned points. But it was quite evident they suffered from communication issues and blown assignments at times.

The defense has been great all season. With or without Lee

Sure it would be great to have Lee, LVE, and Smith in at the same time

But Lee has more trade value (with his injury history) than he has value on the field

Sure we may get a few games out of him before he is injured again

Or.....

We can trade him for a player that can contribute for more than a couple games at a time where we actually need some help such as WR

We can get by without Sean Lee at this point. We have proven that.

We can’t however get by with a group of no name WR

Top Bottom