Reaction score
This game is pretty much over, and with it the Cowboys now have a winning record versus the Jags. The Cowboys have a winning record against 25 of the 31 other teams in the NFL which is currently the best in the league. The Packers are in second place with 22 teams that they lead the series against.

The only teams with a winning record versus Dallas are Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, and Green Bay. Two other teams, Miami and Oakland, have .500 records versus Dallas.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only teams with a winning record versus Dallas are Baltimore
I assume that's the Ravens? Although I do know the Baltimore Colts were an early thorn in our side. But the late 70s thru the mid-80s might have taken care of that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I assume that's the Ravens? Although I do know the Baltimore Colts were an early thorn in our side. But the late 70s thru the mid-80s might have taken care of that.

Pretty sure that's just the Ravens, who are actually the original Browns.

The Colts moved from Baltimore in the middle of the night.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's just the Ravens, who are actually the original Browns.

The Colts moved from Baltimore in the middle of the night.
Yeah I know all of that, but often times people paste from old sources. I assume it's the Ravens.

Reaction score
It is the Ravens who are 4-1 versus Dallas according to NFL's retcon.

In reality, the OG Browns/Ravens have somehting like a 6 or 7 game lead against us combining all games when they were in Cleveland plus their time in Baltimore.

The Cowboys are undefeated against the Browns ver 2. I believe the record against them is 3-0 Dallas.

We have a winning record against the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.

Reaction score
We never beat the Oakland raiders at Texas Stadium. That always stood out to me.

Only had a couple of chances since back then teams in opposite conferences could go many years without a regular season match-up. It wasn't on a guaranteed rotating schedule like it is now.

Not only that, but the Cowboys have dominated their own division, the division with the most SB wins collectively, like no other team has dominated theirs. This lets me know that the Cowboys would lead the series against any team that had to share a division with us from the 1970s through the 1990s.

The no home wins vs the Raiders in Texas Stadium is merely a statistical fluke.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This game is pretty much over, and with it the Cowboys now have a winning record versus the Jags. The Cowboys have a winning record against 25 of the 31 other teams in the NFL which is currently the best in the league. The Packers are in second place with 22 teams that they lead the series against.

The only teams with a winning record versus Dallas are Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, and Green Bay. Two other teams, Miami and Oakland, have .500 records versus Dallas.

And how much of this was acquired between 1966 and 1985? Pre Jerry and pre salary cap both of which are death to this franchise.

Reaction score
And how much of this was acquired between 1966 and 1985? Pre Jerry and pre salary cap both of which are death to this franchise.

The Cowboys have lead the Packers before the most recent Aaron Rodgers era. We also used to lead the series against Denver even up 3-0 by the eraly 80s. We haven't beaten Denver since the Aikman days. Just one of those things.

The Browns only lead the series for two reasons: The NFL retcon of the real Browns, and the fact that the real Browns were dominant when the Cowboys began as an expansion team. IFIRC, the Browns got out to an 8-0 lead in the series in the early to mid 60s.

Side Note: When I first became aware of head to head records in the NFL Record and Fact Book of 1982, the Cowboys were undefeated against 8 different teams: Buccaneers, Chargers, Jets, Patriots, Bills, Broncos, Bengals, and Seahawks. This was by far the best in the NFL at the time, but that was a long ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Looking at the burning outhouse that is "The Star" in Arlington, hard to believe this team used to be the hardest out in the league.
We used to set the bar, now we don't even know where they keep the bar.

Top Bottom