Reaction score
Dak's 82 yards rushing is the second best QB rushing yards single game total in team history. I don't know who has the top spot. Could be Staubach, Romo, or somebody we wouldn't expect like Testaverde or QCar with the franchise best, but I don't know off-hand. I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

It's nice to have a few bests and near bests for a change than shame records.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak's 82 yards rushing is the second best QB rushing yards single game total in team history. I don't know who has the top spot. Could be Staubach, Romo, or somebody we wouldn't expect like Testaverde or QCar with the franchise best, but I don't know off-hand. I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

It's nice to have a few bests and near bests for a change than shame records.

Yes, it's Roger

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
They're gonna be a tough out though. They beat Carolina today on a great late red zone defensive stop.

We'll see. Ive had my plane ticket for a few months to go to the game but was thinking I wouldnt go to the game and just find something else to do. Might be a good time tho.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1f059cf79eacac4434f403d8d92c3165.png

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We were on their 41, would have been 58 yds. Definitely in his range in-doors.
Just looked it up, officially it was their 42. Kicking the FG there is the suck if you miss, but if you make it makes them need a TD to win and a FG to keep OT going. Really needed to either go for it there or kick the FG miss or no. The punt is just, surrender.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We'll see. Ive had my plane ticket for a few months to go to the game but was thinking I wouldnt go to the game and just find something else to do. Might be a good time tho.
I'd go if I were near an away game. They're always fun. Although, remember a Cowboys fan was shot at Landover after a Cowboys win a couple-three years back.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak - 17/27 for 183 yards 2 TD 0 INT (still didn’t break the 200 mark)
Along with 82 yards rushing and 1 TD

WR as a group - 135 yards 2 TD’s

If you take out Beasley’s 101 yards and 2 TD’s the rest of the WR group had a total of 34 yards and 0 TD’s

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just looked it up, officially it was their 42. Kicking the FG there is the suck if you miss, but if you make it makes them need a TD to win and a FG to keep OT going. Really needed to either go for it there or kick the FG miss or no. The punt is just, surrender.

Like I said last week, he should have went for it.

The real problem I had with him on the decision was his reasoning. If he wanted to simply "pin them deep" because he trusted the defense (which had shown no ability to stop Houston all game except inside the 10) then when he won the toss in OT he should have kicked off.

Our kicker won the job because he nailed a 57 yd FG in preseason, in that same stadium. The one he nailed today would have been good from 60+ pretty easy.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Congrats on your pick em win Dooms you lone survivor you...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dak - 17/27 for 183 yards 2 TD 0 INT (still didn’t break the 200 mark)
Along with 82 yards rushing and 1 TD

WR as a group - 135 yards 2 TD’s

If you take out Beasley’s 101 yards and 2 TD’s the rest of the WR group had a total of 34 yards and 0 TD’s

Well he got the vast majority of the targets, I don't know what Jacksonville was doing in their coverage for him but it wasn't working. No reason to throw elsewhere until the other team shows they can stop it.

Beasley just had the first 100 yd game for a WR on our team since the KC game last yr. Span of 13 games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I’m watching GameDay highlights on the NFL Network and the announcer says during the Cowboy game “there’s Garrett on the sidelines NOT clapping, surprisingly so”

LOL

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The real problem I had with him on the decision was his reasoning.
I don't think there was any real-time reasoning. He just defaulted to his normal coward reaction, then tried to rationalize it later. His first instinct was surrender and he went with it. Now, of course his rationalization is idiotic. Most are.

It never entered his mind to even try to draw them off. Much less risk a FG or an offensive play in that situation. It never entered his mind that if we don't score a TD with that drive, they get a chance. It never entered his mind that a FG there makes them have to at the very least match it and they don't win if they do. It never entered his mind that the urgency to score with the first possession in OT is magnified by the fact that OT periods are five minutes shorter than they used to be.

Nothing but air, ever enters his mind.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Every game that goes by, Jaylon Smith looks more and more like the guy most thought was worth a top-5 pick in the draft without the injury.

Been saying it for weeks, but LVE is the real deal too. He keeps impressing.

Whoever made the call to keep Maher over Bailey, not only was it ballsy but is seemingly looking like a genius move. He missed his first ever kick (and it wasn't a bad miss, just a little wide from 47/48 yds) but since then he's made 15 straight, including 3/3 from 50+

Byron Jones stone handed what should have been a pick today (that Heath ended up getting) but other than a few plays last week he has been 100% blanket coverage on everybody.

I'm not sure if Awuzie played today. I noticed Jourdan Lewis on the field on Jax first offensive series playing slot CB and a series or two afterward I noticed Brown was playing CB in Awuzie's spot. If Awuzie started he definitely came out and didn't return. I know he had some sort of injury a week or two ago, wonder if he couldn't play through it today.Also doesn't show up in the box score.

Geoff Swaim is turning into a pretty serviceable starter at TE.

If I ran things there, Michael Gallup would never come off the field in the base or nickel offense unless you were running a single WR formation or something. He should be getting all the targets that Deonte Thompson or Hurns are getting now. he's a flat out much more talented player.

By the way Allen Hurns, if you are going to get a route 30 yds or so downfield and be covered by a LB, you gotta beat that guy dude.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think there was any real-time reasoning. He just defaulted to his normal coward reaction, then tried to rationalize it later. His first instinct was surrender and he went with it. Now, of course his rationalization is idiotic. Most are.

Probably a lot of truth to this.

It never entered his mind to even try to draw them off.

I said that last week too, and it was 100% the WRONG decision. There were several plays during the game that Houston DL's jumped but managed to get back before the snap. A good hard count there would have had a decent chance of drawing them off. Even if you used the whole pay clock and took the delay of game, the extra 5 yds wasn't going to hurt the punter.

It was just a monumentally piss poor decision, one that unfortunately is customary for Red Plague.

Top Bottom