Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He picked us to win by only four points
Wrong. I explained my methodology earlier. It's a 1-6 scale based on how sure I am we'll win. 4 is pretty damned sure. I usually don't go above 2.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I said that last week too, and it was 100% the WRONG decision. There were several plays during the game that Houston DL's jumped but managed to get back before the snap. A good hard count there would have had a decent chance of drawing them off. Even if you used the whole pay clock and took the delay of game, the extra 5 yds wasn't going to hurt the punter.
I said that in real time actually. That if your decision IS to punt you must at THE VERY LEAST try to draw them offsides first. There's NO risk associated with trying it. And the 5 yards makes no difference if they don't jump.

I don't think Ginger's ever tried to draw anyone off.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
After what I saw from Hurns and Thompson again today, I think I'd at least make the call to Oakland and see what they want for Amari Cooper. A top 3 of Cooper, Gallup and Beasley, and then sprinkle in some Tavon Austin wouldn't be terrible.

Not saying I'd give up much to get him, but pregame people floated the idea that you might be able to get Cooper for a 3rd, and that cutting Thompson (before week 10 I believe) would net us a 4th rd comp pick.

I'd also be benching Blake Jarwin. Brings nothing to the table at all.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd go if I were near an away game. They're always fun. Although, remember a Cowboys fan was shot at Landover after a Cowboys win a couple-three years back.

I go but dont wear any Cowboys gear. Ive been to at least 10-12 games in Washington. I used to sit in my in laws seats with people that had those seats for 30+years. I rooted hard for the Cowboys but didnt stir it up since I would be with my wife in her parents seats.

I love watching other fans get into it for sure but I dont feel like getting in fights anymore. Im too old for that stuff unless its absolutely necessary. It took me about 30 years as an adult to finally come to that conclusion. :lol

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Im too old for that stuff unless its absolutely necessary. It took me about 30 years as an adult to finally come to that conclusion. :lol
Same here. For me it sorta coincided with the law getting serious about assault charges, and "mutual combat" exceptions going out the window.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Same here. For me it sorta coincided with the law getting serious about assault charges, and "mutual combat" exceptions going out the window.

Older=wiser? Im not sure but its certainly easier to just avoid potential problems. And not tearing up clothes and losing money or dealing with Uncle LEO seems like a bigger win than blooding up some yo yo. Not that messing up some dumb arse isnt fun and satisfying . . . . . tho

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Older=wiser? Im not sure but its certainly easier to just avoid potential problems. And not tearing up clothes and losing money or dealing with Uncle LEO seems like a bigger win than blooding up some yo yo. Not that messing up some dumb arse isnt fun and satisfying . . . . . tho

I'd probably still be doing it if the law hadn't gotten so touchy about it. Used to be if you beat some puke up it was "mutual combat" but in the mid 90s they started taking pugilists to jail on assault charges. Coincidence that I was in my early 30s at the time? Anyway yeah, one day I just woke up deciding that it wasn't worth it.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter

Broncos’ initial diagnosis of guard Ron Leary’s injury is a torn Achilles, per source.

5:23 PM - 14 Oct 2018

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd probably still be doing it if the law hadn't gotten so touchy about it. Used to be if you beat some puke up it was "mutual combat" but in the mid 90s they started taking pugilists to jail on assault charges. Coincidence that I was in my early 30s at the time? Anyway yeah, one day I just woke up deciding that it wasn't worth it.

Getting older sux. :brick

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I have a screenplay I've shopped called "Getting Ahead" set in a near future where medical science has advanced to where head transplants can be reliably done for those who can afford it. My protaganist is 88 and his head is transplanted on a healthy 24 year old body. His face slowly takes on its former youthful appearance due to the youthful body its attached to. By the time all rejection fear is over he looks just like he did in his 20s, full head of hair and all.

Think about it... He knows everything he knows...

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I have a screenplay I've shopped called "Getting Ahead" set in a near future where medical science has advanced to where head transplants can be reliably done for those who can afford it. My protaganist is 88 and his head is transplanted on a healthy 24 year old body. His face slowly takes on its former youthful appearance due to the youthful body its attached to. By the time all rejection fear is over he looks just like he did in his 20s, full head of hair and all.

Think about it... He knows everything he knows...

That could be a big advantage with the ladies resulting in a much greater success rate.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

if Dooms & NoMoRedJ fought today:

hDCCA1453

and what I'd look like if y'all came after me:

y0QW3G.gif

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Holy sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit

The Chiefs are no joke and Patrick Mahoney is for real. It took him 12 seconds to tie the game with one long play

Top Bottom