G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
True about the RPO, but it's still a weapon that the Giants with Eli at QB, can't utilize with SB. I'm surprised we have a good pass pro OL, it sure didn't look like that vs Philly's DL. Eli has been castrated the past 4yrs. He used to be a gunslinger under Keven Gilbride's more aggressive type passing attack.

Once the Giants brought in MacAdoo in 2014 from GB, he thought Eli could do the things AR can in the WCO offense to minimize the Ints & increase Eli's comp% but in doing so, they took away his low% mid range to deep plays. He was all of a sudden chucking the ball away if nothing was open or if the DL was getting to him in under 2.5 secs. Gone were the mid range to deep throws he used to throw to Toomer, Shockey, Plax, Nicks & Cruz. It became all quick slants & quick out routes to OBJ/Shep these past few yrs. The OL's inability to pass block long enough for those mid/deep routes to develop & Eli's diminishing skill set led to what you see today & now that his skills have diminished further since last yr, he is pretty much done as a efficient starting QB in the NFL.

He can no longer carry the team on his back the way he did when we won the SB in 11'. We had the #32 ranked run game that yr but he was still good enough to overcome that & win games with his arm that yr. He threw an NFL record 15 4th Qt TDs that yr & led us to 5-6 come from behind 4th qt wins that yr. It's been a loooong time since he has been able to do that.

I'll always be greatful to him for bringing us those 2 SB wins over NE & he will be in the Giants ring of honor someday soon & hopefully the HOF after that, but his time has come to hang it up after this yr is over. We need to usher in a new young QB to lead this team in the 2020s.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They all have their time to go and too often, they're the last ones to realize it. You have to rip the jersey off their backs. I don't know if Eli is one of those and I don't know that his skills are diminished. But for the NYG it couldn't come at a worse time - this draft really isn't a strong QB one.

Another pure pocket passer I forgot to mention is Drew Brees. No shame in his game yet even at his age. It's almost like killing the opponent with your arm instead of your legs extends your career and stuff. But one thing you MUST have in order to do that is a BRAIN. And nerves of steel. And fast, accurate decision making.

Eli seems to have lost the nerve, and the fast decision making. It's mental with him and that can be fixed with the right staff and HC.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Eli is shot. I think the past 5 yrs of getting pummeled & having Flowers "watching" his blind side since 2014 totally messed up his internal clock. He probably hears steps that aren't there. That we have both a top tier RB Barkley & a top 3 WR in OBJ & are only putting up 19ppg is unsat. OBJ only has 1 TD rec in 6 games, yet I have seen him open for TDs on at least 3 other occasions & Eli didn't get the ball to him because he's busy checking off a short pass to Barkley. Eli has just become gun shy & is going with the safer high % completions over the low % mid range to deep passes. Maybe behind your OL, he woulda been a better QB these past few yrs, but behind ours, not so much. What happened to Dak in that Atl game where he was sacked like 6-7 x from the blindside, that's been happening to Eli the past 5 yrs or so.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well this year at least, it's not due to the pass blocking.

If he's really that gunshy that's on his coaches for not recognizing it and fixing it, and if it can't be fixed you gotta cut bait.

Somebody like Norval Turner could straighten him out though, I suspect.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Naw, Eli's time has come. Only a handful of QBs have played as long as Eli has for just 1 team these past 15yrs. We were fortunate to have him as our QB in NY since 2004.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Naw, Eli's time has come. Only a handful of QBs have played as long as Eli has for just 1 team these past 15yrs. We were fortunate to have him as our QB in NY since 2004.

I'd trade ya Dak straight up for Eli if I could also have Norv Turner as his OC/QB coach. And gimme two years.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Gonna have to shoot that offer down bud. Dak is nothing more than a game manager. Took the league by storm his rook yr cuz their was no film on him. Once DCs had a yr's worth of NFL film on him in 17', he got figured out pretty quick. You guys might be looking to draft a QB alongside us next yr if he keeps playing the way he has the past 12 games or so dating back to last yr. I recall him saying after Dez got released that he didn't need a #1 WR. Delusional much?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gonna have to shoot that offer down bud. Dak is nothing more than a game manager. Took the league by storm his rook yr cuz their was no film on him. Once DCs had a yr's worth of NFL film on him in 17', he got figured out pretty quick. You guys might be looking to draft a QB alongside us next yr if he keeps playing the way he has the past 12 games or so dating back to last yr. I recall him saying after Dez got released that he didn't need a #1 WR. Delusional much?

It wasn't so much the result of breaking down film as much as it's just really lousy coaching. They didn't have book on him early but that ain't true by week eight. What happened to Dak was his first full offseason under Garrett's tutelege.

Losing Romo and Sanchez as tutors and replacing them with Helen Keller is no help either.

But, you won't trade me Eli for Dak? You couldn't be any worse off in that trade, hell your coach might let him run RPOs.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I'll give You Eli to swap out with Dak in Dallas on a game to game basis. Maybe Eli could tutor Dak. We need to see what Lauletta has & find out if he could be our next QB, if not, draft a good one next yr. I keep hearing about this QB named Herbert being a possible pick for us.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll give You Eli to swap out with Dak in Dallas on a game to game basis. Maybe Eli could tutor Dak. We need to see what Lauletta has & find out if he could be our next QB, if not, draft a good one next yr. I keep hearing about this QB named Herbert being a possible pick for us.

So... Just gimme Eli for nothing then and take a chance on your rookie. I don't want any of this switching quarterbacks stuff.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
I meant I give you Eli while you keep Dak & swap em out based on how each plays on a week to week basis. Teams used to do this back in the day. Tom Landry used to switch out Roger with Morton on a play by play basis before Roger won the starting role. Crazy huh.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I meant I give you Eli while you keep Dak & swap em out based on how each plays on a week to week basis. Teams used to do this back in the day. Tom Landry used to switch out Roger with Morton on a play by play basis before Roger won the starting role. Crazy huh.

Yeah, it was proven not to work worth a shit. But that's your point. You want to sabotage us. Newsflash for you, we have a GM who is already the best saboteur you could wish for. Proven.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Very true, here's to him locking up Dak for the next 5-6yrs. And with that I'm gonna hit the rack Doomsday. Pleasure talking football with ya. I'll be back manana to discuss your game vs Jags. Take care.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry is a godsend for the NFC East and the league as a whole.

And that's why Goodell doesn't ban him from the league regardless of what kind of off field evidence that piles up on Johnny Walker GM. He hates the Cowboys and everything about them. He knows removing Jones means almost immediate improvement for the franchise, and he doesn't want that.

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Sorry, I was still getting over the butt whipping Philly laid on us despite SB's monster game. Congrats on your demolition of the Jags. Make me even madder we couldn't beat that overrated team in the opener. They lost 20-7 to Texans today & Bortles got benched. That's what that bitch Ramsey get's for talking so much smack in the pre-season. 1 good yr after yrs of suckage & all of a sudden everyone had that team going to the SB.

Philly looks bad vs everyone but us, & is lucky to not be 1-6. You guys beat the Skins today & are in 1st. Don't blow it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You guys beat the Skins today & are in 1st. Don't blow it.

Sorry, Garrett couldn’t help himself, he had to get down on his knees....

It’s a bad habit when you work for Jeruh

G-men4ver

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Tough loss guys. Coach Clapper seems to play timid. He shoulda been more aggressive on that final drive & gone for the win instead of trying to settle for a tie & OT. Also , don't be fooled by Daks final stats, 49 of those 273yds came on 1 play, plus in a game where Zeke was taken away, he couldn't put the team on his back & win the game with his arm. This makes what, 7 games this yr in which he has yet to throw for 300yds in a game. That's not franchise QB material there & Jerrah would be an idiot to lock him up for the next 5+yrs with a $100 mil contract. I always though he was just a game manager but it's getting to the level of backup QB now.

Top Bottom