InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
link: Dallas Cowboys: What happened to these two players?

Dallas Cowboys: What happened to these two players?

by Terence Watson 2 days ago Follow @Watson703 on Twitter

The Dallas Cowboys offense has struggled so far this season. What happened to the impact these two players were supposed to make in 2018?

The Dallas Cowboys offense as we all know has been struggling to find it’s stride during the first four games of the season. Whether we want to blame it on the play calling of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Or maybe it’s due to the play of the quarterback Dak Prescott and his receivers.

Either way, something needs to change and two strong offensive options have been sitting on the bench for the Cowboys. Those options are fullback Jamize Olawale and tight end Rico Gathers. These two offensive weapons if used correctly could give the Dallas Cowboys offense the spark it needs.

Jamize Olawale is a serious threat in the passing game as a fullback. During his time with the Oakland Raiders Olawale caught 39 passes for 425 yards. That’s an average of 10.9 yards a catch with his longest being a 75-yard touchdown catch from quarterback Derek Carr.

When you have two pass-catching threats in Olwale and running back Ezekiel Elliott in the backfield it could cause a lot of headaches for defenses. It’s something that you need to at least experiment within games.

The other offensive weapon collecting dust on the bench is the tight end, Rico Gathers. Gathers would be another great weapon that this Dallas Cowboys offense could really use. Now the Cowboys have said that it’s all about knowing the plays and blocking that is keeping Gathers from getting on the field.

In my opinion, when it comes to blocking the tight ends ahead of Gathers aren’t showing me much in that department. They also aren’t scaring defenses one bit. Putting Gathers on the field will give opposing defenses someone to game plan for as Gather has the size (6-6) and speed (4.7 forty time) to keep defenses wary of him. Specifically in the red zone.

I could go on and on about these two players but once again it all comes down to head coach Jason Garrett and offensive coordinator Scott Linehan to make the decision on players getting on the field. These two just look like very easy answers to try to get this offense humming or at least kick start it.

any thoughts?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hmmmmmmmm,

on 1 hand olawale may not be used a lot right now because the coaches have no idea what theyre doing

on the other hand, would they really use him as RB3 if zeke and smith get hurt? or would they put austin before him? or even bring up a PS player

i dunno what hes been doing on special teams but maybe that is where he is making an impact ??

rico rico rico

he would prob have like 3 TDs by now if a qb could throw him the ball

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL still on that asswipe notion of Rico Gathers being a "weapon"

dude he's been wide open in the end zone (or had an open path to the end zone) at least 3 times, just like all the other pass catchers on the team

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
****rico still sucks but he definitely shouldve had some fantasy points this season

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
dude he's been wide open in the end zone (or had an open path to the end zone) at least 3 times, just like all the other pass catchers on the team

I don't remember that at all so maybe you can refresh my memory on when those happened.

Though I do remember the false start, lining up in the wrong place, being yelled at and basically having to have a coach draw him a picture of where he should line up etc etc

The dude is a fucking idiot.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't remember that at all so maybe you can refresh my memory on when those happened.

Though I do remember the false start, lining up in the wrong place, being yelled at and basically having to have a coach draw him a picture of where he should line up etc etc

The dude is a fucking idiot.

ya he may be dumb but the obvious overthrow vs NYG

i want to say there was another attempted throw down the sideline but i cant find the video/play-by-play to back that up

1 of the times it was blake jarwin vs HOU that was wide open that i mixed up w rico

not saying rico is good, but he has been open

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I also remember the player being so fucking dumb that he got busted smoking pot in a parked car

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
ya he may be dumb but the obvious overthrow vs NY
No... Watch the play. He simply was not where he was supposed to be - in the BACK corner of the end zone, not the front corner.

He's not going to be any kind of "weapon" until he troubles himself to fucking read the playbook. He doesn't know where to go and doesn't know what to do or when or why. When he is "open" it is because defenders already dropped him because the ball is going elsewhere.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No... Watch the play. He simply was not where he was supposed to be - in the BACK corner of the end zone, not the front corner.

He's not going to be any kind of "weapon" until he troubles himself to fucking read the playbook. He doesn't know where to go and doesn't know what to do or when or why. When he is "open" it is because defenders already dropped him because the ball is going elsewhere.

You're assuming he knows how to read in the first place.

Reaction score
He's gotta be a weapon. He's been holding a roster spot hostage all season...

Is it any worse than keeping a roster spot for a "cold weather kicker"?

Not that I'm defending Rico having a roster spot, just pointing out that this kind of thing is par for the Jones course.

Top Bottom