Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard on one of the podcasts that Linehan IS losing the locker room according to a few unnamed players

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if they fire Garrett during the season, someone has to take over as interim HC.

Marinelli and Linehan both have HC experience, so maybe the move that would be easiest would be to make Marinelli the HC/overseer and let Richard take 100% control of the defense.

On the other hand if they fire Garrett they might want to see how Richards handles the job, so I could see either scenario.

Garrett and Linehan both 100% deserve to be fired before seasons end though. If we lose the next two weeks, both should be run off for the bye week.

I'd be shocked if Garrett gets fired during the season. Not because he doesn't deserve to go, but Jerry just won't do that to his adopted son. Garrett will probably get another job within the organization during the off-season and some other lackey get brought in.

I do agree that Richard would take over the DC duties but not because Marinelli get's the interim HC job. There's no sense in firing Garrett to "promote" Marinelli who will probably be gone next year anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard on one of the podcasts that Linehan IS losing the locker room according to a few unnamed players

Of course he is. Linehan is the next fall guy and will be fired before the Red Dolt. Then Garrett takes over play calling duties and saves the day (in Jerry's eyes) and is given another year next year.

Just watch the interaction on the sidelines with Dak during the timeouts. Garrett doesn't engage at all and just stands off to the side while Linehan tries to figure it out. This allows Garrett to lay the blame squarely on Linehan. Garrett is a conniving, back-stabbing low-life. He's the ultimate NFL survivor.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make no mistake....we're fucked. But what bothers me is how these idiot fans accept this reasoning. I really thought highly of Texas. Now, not so much. Way too many shills and pussies. The men that defended the Alamo and their spirit are long gone.

That's right son.....come at me.....

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make no mistake....we're fucked. But what bothers me is how these idiot fans accept this reasoning. I really thought highly of Texas. Now, not so much. Way too many shills and pussies. The men that defended the Alamo and their spirit are long gone.

WHY IS STARTING OVER A BAD THING ?

Its been 8 yrs. i think “the process” has gone well passed its expiration date

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

LOL LOL LOL

that quote sums up how screwed we are, even if they succumb to changing, you can already see they'll be micro-managing the coach from the get go, no coach will ever have enough authority in Dallas to coach & build the team the way a coach should be allowed

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Jerry's right, there is no fraud in Jason Garrett.
He'll be able to see exactly what Jason is after being embarrassed on national TV, again.
Probably won't do anything about it, but won't change the facts.
If we beat the Jags today, it will be an anomaly, not this dysfunctional team's reality.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

Because he's hit the age where time can no longer be taken for granted.
He's always had a cut-and-paste method of team building, it'll only get worse now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Stevie proving he can down as much Johnny Walker as daddy.

At what point is enough enough? At what point cant even the biggest moron see that something is NEVER GOING TO WORK?

23 seasons and counting now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Technically it's been longer than that. The Red Plague showed up in 2007.

Since that time we've had 4 good seasons. 2007, 2009, 2014 and 2016.. Its translated into all of 2 playoff wins. No Super Bowl or even conference championship game appearances. No back to back playoff seasons. Twice we had home field advantage and didn't win a game in the postseason.

But "he's the real deal"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's not a bad thing but I am pointing out some drawbacks to that scenario that we've been through before. Garrett can't be fired soon enough but I don't think Jerry will do it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stevie proving he can down as much Johnny Walker as daddy.

At what point is enough enough? At what point cant even the biggest moron see that something is NEVER GOING TO WORK?

23 seasons and counting now.

And Stephen will be cheaper. I'm starting to think things can get much worse after Jerry meets his maker.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
So much for the pipe dream of shitcanning Garrett during the bye week

Yeah, once again the Red Menace dodges a bullet. As you say, a pipe dream anyway.
I guess our only hope now is if Garrett uses his teeth too much when he's blowing Jerry.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gotta give credit where credit is due

jason garrett is E L I T E at dodging pink slips***

giphy.gif

***pink slips meaning that he SHOULD be fired at least in the court of public opinion

Top Bottom